Creating a straight line of decals in the editor

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Creating a straight line of decals in the editor

Post by AtlasZoor »

I was wondering if its possible to create a straight line using decals, similar to using 'L' to create straight gradients. would be nice addition imo.
D_ROY178

Re: Creating a straight line of decals in the editor

Post by D_ROY178 »

And let us drag and select decals/ objects so we can move them pls pls
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

pretty sure you can, if you hold b it will draw the line from the decal to your cursor
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

If you hold "d" with your cursor at the end of the section it will place decals from the one you have selected at the start to your cursor straight with the spacing set.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

checkerz wrote:If you hold "d" with your cursor at the end of the section it will place decals from the one you have selected at the start to your cursor straight with the spacing set.
Dude.. This helps so much
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Is there a way to do this with objects?

Like bales?
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

checkerz wrote:If you hold "d" with your cursor at the end of the section it will place decals from the one you have selected at the start to your cursor straight with the spacing set.
dope thanks!
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

D_ROY178 wrote:And let us drag and select decals/ objects so we can move them pls pls
Hover over a single decal, typically the "center" of what you're doing, and press m to select multiple decals and you can copy and paste them.
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

808 wrote:Is there a way to do this with objects?

Like bales?
Yes, there is a way with pressing i, I can't remember how you exactly do it since it's been a while. But I do remember placing 1 bale at the beginning of a section, one at the end, then having them copied and evenly spaced out by pressing a button.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
808 wrote:Is there a way to do this with objects?

Like bales?
Yes, there is a way with pressing i, I can't remember how you exactly do it since it's been a while. But I do remember placing 1 bale at the beginning of a section, one at the end, then having them copied and evenly spaced out by pressing a button.
The "i" to interpolate function is there and you the most times you hit it or "d" (can't recall which) will place another bale and evenly space them each time, however, the function has always been super inconsistent (mostly me being too stupid to use it properly I'm sure) and I've messed up more bales than made them right (sometimes it'll grab ones from another lane or turn and move them when you don't want them that I don't use it)

If you're placing bales on a horizontal or vertical access, zoom in until when you hit arrow spaces teh bales what you want and hit "over arrow" "d", "over arrow" "d" and you can at least place those quickly.
Jakob Hubbard

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

checkerz wrote:The "i" to interpolate function is there and you the most times you hit it or "d" (can't recall which) will place another bale and evenly space them each time, however, the function has always been super inconsistent (mostly me being too stupid to use it properly I'm sure) and I've messed up more bales than made them right (sometimes it'll grab ones from another lane or turn and move them when you don't want them that I don't use it)

If you're placing bales on a horizontal or vertical access, zoom in until when you hit arrow spaces teh bales what you want and hit "over arrow" "d", "over arrow" "d" and you can at least place those quickly.
It's not just you being too stupid, I found it really inconsistent as well. It would switch the bales over to another lane that I didn't want it to. But yes, thanks for recalling that.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

This is one of the things I really want Javascript for. It'll be so much easier to write stuff for the editor.

The statue interpolate function is like that because it was easy to write that way and it also fit the way I placed bales when I made sx tracks. I liked to space them out a bit but also wanted them evenly spaced between what they were marking with the first and last bale precisely placed. So just placing them at a fixed distance like the decals didn't work for me.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.