3D Warehouse | Sketchup

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
AjHuett

3D Warehouse | Sketchup

Post by AjHuett »

So I've always been curious about houses and track objects on Sim, I personally think environment is as important as a fun truck. With that being said, is it possible for houses such as the one I'm going to link to be able to get placed in Sim? If so what's the degree of difficulty an what is the max poly count a house should NOT exceed to cause lag? Thank you!

House:
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... anch-House
yamirider517 wrote:Oh you gonna make a nigga beg for it?... ok boo.
ColtHans

Re: 3D Warehouse | Sketchup

Post by ColtHans »

i've made a few things like that in sketchup, but i have no clue how hard it would be or if it's even possible to get them in sim.
AjHuett

Post by AjHuett »

ColtHans wrote:i've made a few things like that in sketchup, but i have no clue how hard it would be or if it's even possible to get them in sim.
Yeah I've made a few things as well, I think it would be cool to be able to find a way and implement them so you could have a track on a farm or something. Hopefully someone sees this and can help us out.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Think it's something like export/save it to some file (.fbx maybe?), open in blender, do the UV unwrap, export jm's.
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Post by GregDearman »

Wahlamt wrote:Think it's something like export/save it to some file (.fbx maybe?), open in blender, do the UV unwrap, export jm's.
Can confirm it’s pretty much this, although you’ll probably need to clean the model up and make your own textures. I don’t have much experience with sketchup but I know the texturing works differently. You’ll also need to scale it correctly and make normal maps
AjHuett

Post by AjHuett »

Wahlamt wrote:Think it's something like export/save it to some file (.fbx maybe?), open in blender, do the UV unwrap, export jm's.
GregDearman wrote:Can confirm it’s pretty much this, although you’ll probably need to clean the model up and make your own textures. I don’t have much experience with sketchup but I know the texturing works differently. You’ll also need to scale it correctly and make normal maps
Thanks for the helpful tips! Now with that being said, what about polygons? I know there's a limit so it wont' lag. Is there a limit per model or limit to a whole track?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

The less the better. Make a high poly version, render norms/spec, then make a low poly for the JM. I think old bikes were 10k, modern ones are 40k..? For that house, 1000 would perhaps be an upper limit :)