making a compound, virtual memory.

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Bradclay306
Team: SYS

making a compound, virtual memory.

Postby Bradclay306 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:35 pm

why is virtual memory such a ball-ache with this game? Making a compound, sand track, national, sx and hill sx, why when i do something minuscule and add a single decal do i run out of virtual memory? please take this game and do the work to put it over to the unreal-engine. we could decent looking tracks, real time lighting and shading, erode would be visible, content creators could make better models. this game is so outdated but so fucking addictive.
-If you like riding my shitty tracks please donate so i can buy subway footlong subs <3 https://www.paypal.me/Bclay306

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: making a compound, virtual memory.

Postby Wahlamt » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:25 pm

Is your decal by any chance not sized as 2^n ? I know I've struggled with that, then I found out I had textures in the size of like 500x500.

DABZZZ
Team: Vibe+

Postby DABZZZ » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Wahlamt wrote:Is your decal by any chance not sized as 2^n ? I know I've struggled with that, then I found out I had textures in the size of like 500x500.

“Yea lemme jus swervvvvveeeee”
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Postby jlv » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:22 am

Wahlamt wrote:Is your decal by any chance not sized as 2^n ? I know I've struggled with that, then I found out I had textures in the size of like 500x500.

I suspect the problem is all of his textures are 2^12 where 2^8 or 2^9 would have been fine.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

Return to “Track Editing”