making a compound, virtual memory.

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Bradclay306

making a compound, virtual memory.

Post by Bradclay306 »

why is virtual memory such a ball-ache with this game? Making a compound, sand track, national, sx and hill sx, why when i do something minuscule and add a single decal do i run out of virtual memory? please take this game and do the work to put it over to the unreal-engine. we could decent looking tracks, real time lighting and shading, erode would be visible, content creators could make better models. this game is so outdated but so fucking addictive.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: making a compound, virtual memory.

Post by Wahlamt »

Is your decal by any chance not sized as 2^n ? I know I've struggled with that, then I found out I had textures in the size of like 500x500.
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Post by DABZZZ »

Wahlamt wrote:Is your decal by any chance not sized as 2^n ? I know I've struggled with that, then I found out I had textures in the size of like 500x500.
“Yea lemme jus swervvvvveeeee”
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Wahlamt wrote:Is your decal by any chance not sized as 2^n ? I know I've struggled with that, then I found out I had textures in the size of like 500x500.
I suspect the problem is all of his textures are 2^12 where 2^8 or 2^9 would have been fine.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

just wanted to update this thread, this game is super weird at times, i could continue with this compound for a couple of days.. as the game kept crashing while loading the track.... the timing_gates was the culprit... no idea how this is possible.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Did you just have one gate as the first lap?
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

Wahlamt wrote:Did you just have one gate as the first lap?
nope, have everything set up with about 60 timing gates which all worked, and after one forcereload it just kept crashing my game. no out of virtual memory message or anything, and at random times of loading the track.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If it can reliably crash the game I'd like a copy of it if you can send it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.