Dirt vs grass vs reflex track building

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
UncleLiberty76
Team: Grunt-Style

Dirt vs grass vs reflex track building

Post by UncleLiberty76 »

So I am trying to build a track in this game but am stuck like chuck. I have built tracks in reflex and started by making a small height map outlining my track.I now need to put the grass and the dirt in there but cant find anyway to just import an rgb map or even use the tile editor in the game to see where the track is laid out at. Any help is much appreciated.
jonracer594

Re: Dirt vs grass vs reflex track building

Post by jonracer594 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2iEDXFNpHU

good old youtube is unbeaten
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

UncleLiberty76 wrote:So I am trying to build a track in this game but am stuck like chuck. I have built tracks in reflex and started by making a small height map outlining my track.I now need to put the grass and the dirt in there but cant find anyway to just import an rgb map or even use the tile editor in the game to see where the track is laid out at. Any help is much appreciated.
Welcome!

While it may seem really overwhelming at first, MXS track making isn't any harder (maybe even easier honestly), but it is a lot different.

Even easier than decals, you can paint basic tiles during development. You will need to learn to work in Notepad files, pretty simple and easy to reference from other "open folder" tracks (non .saf files) and look at the files in there. You'll find what you need in the "tileinfo" file and then in game you just use "tilemap" edit.

If you've found "blank" track, I believe it already has dirt and grass setup.
UncleLiberty76
Team: Grunt-Style

Post by UncleLiberty76 »

checkerz wrote:
UncleLiberty76 wrote:So I am trying to build a track in this game but am stuck like chuck. I have built tracks in reflex and started by making a small height map outlining my track.I now need to put the grass and the dirt in there but cant find anyway to just import an rgb map or even use the tile editor in the game to see where the track is laid out at. Any help is much appreciated.
Welcome!

While it may seem really overwhelming at first, MXS track making isn't any harder (maybe even easier honestly), but it is a lot different.

Even easier than decals, you can paint basic tiles during development. You will need to learn to work in Notepad files, pretty simple and easy to reference from other "open folder" tracks (non .saf files) and look at the files in there. You'll find what you need in the "tileinfo" file and then in game you just use "tilemap" edit.

If you've found "blank" track, I believe it already has dirt and grass setup.

Thanks man! seems like you are a pillar in the games community. I appreciate the help!