Heightmap

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
justinkeuben
Team: Privateer

Heightmap

Post by justinkeuben »

Hi folks,

I want to make a replica track of a track I have ridden a few times...
Now I have seen some movies about making a height map and I also saw that the method of STORKEN with sketchup does not work anymore..
I also saw someone making a height map for mxbikes.. Can I use that method to create a height map for mxsim? than I use the scaling thing from storken his video and edit the rest in game?
Down here is the video I saw!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cZtC2TC130

Hope someone can help me!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Heightmap

Post by Wahlamt »

Hi, yes this would work. As long as you can extract the heightmap/overlay (if you want the overlay), then you're all good to go. Just glanced at it with no sound on, so might have missed a thing or two, but if you can't get the height, just trial and error your way to what feels good. Thanks for showing this btw, as you said, the way I did it is quite outdated.

Otherwise you can just use gradients/the tools to make it even closer than what you can get from that. Some regions naturally has better ground resolution/coverage, compare Glen Helen and Loket for example in google maps, just there you'll see the insane coverage of Glen Helen while Loket is just a a big hill with no details...
justinkeuben
Team: Privateer

Re: Heightmap

Post by justinkeuben »

Ok mate thanks!!
Ill try it :D