how do you get into the track editor in 2023!?!?!?

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
almightybikes
Team: privateer

how do you get into the track editor in 2023!?!?!?

Post by almightybikes »

I've been trying to make a track but I just cant even get into the track editor I've watched many tutorials but they are all old and they tell you to just press " tab " but it just goes from 3rd person to 1st, and I have done the (--editor) thing on the target but that don't change anything, any help would be appreciated!
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Re: how do you get into the track editor in 2023!?!?!?

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

almightybikes wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:50 am I've been trying to make a track but I just cant even get into the track editor I've watched many tutorials but they are all old and they tell you to just press " tab " but it just goes from 3rd person to 1st, and I have done the (--editor) thing on the target but that don't change anything, any help would be appreciated!
It's the exact same it's always been, just pressing tab while making sure the shortcut you're using to open the application has the --editor argument in the target line.

Right click shortcut -> properties -> target -> "C:\Program Files (x86)\MX Simulator\mx.exe" --editor -> press apply and ok -> start game from shortcut.

My only guess as to why you'd be experiencing problems is
  1. Incorrect input into target line, but this would probably halt the game from even starting because it would throw an error OR
  2. You're starting the game from mx.exe and not the shortcut
almightybikes
Team: privateer

Re: how do you get into the track editor in 2023!?!?!?

Post by almightybikes »

oh my, I feel so stupid I was opening it from the think on my task bar thank you so much.