Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: RV2's track in Florida.

Post by culpepper914 »

looks awesome ill test if still needed
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

Why don't you just use a real orthophoto and edit it to fit your layout? The imagery on Google Earth would make a brilliant overlay.
As you don't have a lot of objects you could probably make it 8192x8192 without making the track too demanding.

I tried splitting the overlay decal for Hangtown into 17 tiles with lower resolution tiles along the edges but couldn't really notice any difference in performance from using a single 8192x8192 overlay.
As for using higher resolution than that for the base image it will be very hardware intensive when editing it, e.g. the full 8192x8192 .xcf for the Hangtown overlay decal is 1.5GB and requires about 2GB of RAM to open. :)
If I remember correctly the edges between tiles of different resolution were quite visible as well.
Here's the spreadsheet I used for the tile coordinates etc. if anyone is interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?t0c8vc1cbqfsbxd.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

You are gnarly... wow.
only one to win something real from the game!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

haggqvist wrote:Why don't you just use a real orthophoto and edit it to fit your layout? The imagery on Google Earth would make a brilliant overlay.
As you don't have a lot of objects you could probably make it 8192x8192 without making the track too demanding.

I tried splitting the overlay decal for Hangtown into 17 tiles with lower resolution tiles along the edges but couldn't really notice any difference in performance from using a single 8192x8192 overlay.
As for using higher resolution than that for the base image it will be very hardware intensive when editing it, e.g. the full 8192x8192 .xcf for the Hangtown overlay decal is 1.5GB and requires about 2GB of RAM to open. :)
If I remember correctly the edges between tiles of different resolution were quite visible as well.
Here's the spreadsheet I used for the tile coordinates etc. if anyone is interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?t0c8vc1cbqfsbxd.
Some cards don't support resolutions that high. Sometimes they max at 2048
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

It's always possible to release several versions with different resolution for the overlay as it won't affect the trackinfo file.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I had been looking at it and it just looks wierd. Complete wrong tracks and the grass is all dead vs what I have which is summer. At this point I think it would be harder. I looked at the bulgaria one and I honestly don't even know where to begin in replicating that.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I tried it again, and this time i definitely think it came out a bit better. I also changed the skybox.

Good? bad? Suggestions welcome.

I'm going to go over the dirt roads with a decal to emphisize them, and possibly make a burn pile texture because there are 5 of them on the map.

INVADEtheLINE

Post by INVADEtheLINE »

That looks like it's coming along quite nicely, man. Definitely come a long way since your first tracks, and the unofficial "stepup" competition venue you made years back lol. Definitely going to be a blast to ride- can't wait til it's released.

Btw- coming back to this forum after x amount of years, all I can say is I feel like us Americans are the minority now. Crazy how things change :|
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

INVADEtheLINE wrote:That looks like it's coming along quite nicely, man. Definitely come a long way since your first tracks, and the unofficial "stepup" competition venue you made years back lol. Definitely going to be a blast to ride- can't wait til it's released.

Btw- coming back to this forum after x amount of years, all I can say is I feel like us Americans are the minority now. Crazy how things change :|
What you talking about? That step up competition was my best work ever! Haha.

Definitely feels like the Euro's are taking over, that's for sure. Used to be USA, Brazil, and Australia, and a little bit of Sweden. Now this is everywhere.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

INVADEtheLINE wrote: Btw- coming back to this forum after x amount of years, all I can say is I feel like us Americans are the minority now. Crazy how things change :|
False.

Voutare, track looks unreal! Can't wait to ride that beast!
only one to win something real from the game!
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

Jones221 wrote:
INVADEtheLINE wrote: Btw- coming back to this forum after x amount of years, all I can say is I feel like us Americans are the minority now. Crazy how things change :|
False.
1 - track looks really good, that's how it'll look like in my PC even after you've improved textures (I play with really low resolution)

2 - Americans are the biggest minority right now. In a count of Americans vs The World foreigners will win by quite a lot
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??
Lolerbabop
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Lolerbabop »

die996 wrote:
Ballsfalsky
Team: Tim Hortons

Post by Ballsfalsky »

Lolerbabop wrote:
die996 wrote:
^this.
suzukiozark

Post by suzukiozark »

So looking forward to this track! :D
2009 Yamaha YZ250F - Yoshimura RS-4
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Looks like the enviroment has come along very nicely. Track is still riding like a dream. Can't wait for the rest of you to get the chance.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.