Vintage SX round 1 - Results

Moderator: Phathry25

Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Vintage SX round 1 - Results

Post by Phathry25 »

First of all, I'm sorry for my fail timing gates. I guess next week I'll change my race length from 60min + 50 laps to something like 2 laps and try a race to see if I get any cuts. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'd link to the results on the server page, but they would be all wrong anyways. Here's how the advancement broke down.

Heat 1 - Phathry25, BrutalMX
Heat 2 - DJD, Brina
Semi 1 - Prodigy, Tysen, MXBoy118, BruskMinotaur0
Semi 2 - Yzed, Jones, Peter, Wai*Side
LCQ - Markham, Pinned

Main Event
DJD
YZED608
Jones221
Phathry25
PINNEDTOWIN
Brina
MARKHAM
BrutalMX
MXBoy118
BruskMinotaur0
Tysen
Peter
Prodigy

I was really happy with the turnout, hopefully next week I won't be such a fail and things will go smoother. Sign up here
die996
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: Vintage SX round 1 - Results

Post by die996 »

Phathry25 wrote:First of all, I'm sorry for my fail timing gates. I guess next week I'll change my race length from 60min + 50 laps to something like 2 laps and try a race to see if I get any cuts. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'd link to the results on the server page, but they would be all wrong anyways. Here's how the advancement broke down.

Heat 1 - Phathry25, BrutalMX
Heat 2 - DJD, Brina
Semi 1 - Prodigy, Tysen, MXBoy118, BruskMinotaur0
Semi 2 - Yzed, Jones, Peter, Wai*Side
LCQ - Markham, Pinned

Main Event
DJD
YZED608
Jones221
Phathry25
PINNEDTOWIN
Brina
MARKHAM
BrutalMX
MXBoy118
BruskMinotaur0
Tysen
Peter
Prodigy

I was really happy with the turnout, hopefully next week I won't be such a fail and things will go smoother. Sign up here
Yeah, timing gates was a fail and jumps were really weird. I've seen old races and tracks were nothing like this one. In vintage racing there were NO RYTHMN SECTIONS and jumps were quite smooth and easy
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Die, you are a dipshit....
only one to win something real from the game!
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

If you're out of ideas for the next Vintage SX rounds please check out these videos :

1983 AMA SX season in review

One of the first editions of the Superbowl of motocross

1982 AMA SX @ San Diego (I love the stands thing in this one)

I know some lines change with this game's physics but the feeling overall would be damn retro thanks to the singles, the doubles, the tabletops and the steep whoops
Jones221

Post by Jones221 »

Dude Die. We know what we are doing. God damn..
articwolf01
Team: Achievement Hunter

Post by articwolf01 »

I wish i could help with this, but another idea for the vintage SX would be the First supercross ever. It was in 1972, and it was called the Superbowl of Motocross held in Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. I dont know how to make tracks, But this is a beautiful creation right here. Look at the ticket prices to! :D

3rd Overall EMF Junior Cup 2011
2nd Overall A-B class Maniacs Spur Series 2012
articwolf01
Team: Achievement Hunter

Post by articwolf01 »

double post Sorry. I know you guys know what your doing. I still think im going to get flack for this though. :P
3rd Overall EMF Junior Cup 2011
2nd Overall A-B class Maniacs Spur Series 2012
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

articwolf01 wrote:I wish i could help with this, but another idea for the vintage SX would be the First supercross ever. It was in 1972, and it was called the Superbowl of Motocross held in Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. I dont know how to make tracks, But this is a beautiful creation right here. Look at the ticket prices to! :D

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n62 ... _track.jpg
Gotta love the name of the sections
Addair435

Post by Addair435 »

die996 wrote:
articwolf01 wrote:I wish i could help with this, but another idea for the vintage SX would be the First supercross ever. It was in 1972, and it was called the Superbowl of Motocross held in Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. I dont know how to make tracks, But this is a beautiful creation right here. Look at the ticket prices to! :D

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n62 ... _track.jpg
Gotta love the name of the sections
Gotta love when Die listens to what people say, personaly I would stop talking so much if I were you, seems like your 5 or something...
KTM57 wrote:
Ballsfalsky wrote:If you have a Mac pro I feel bad for you son, I got 99 games and Mac can't play one...
If you like Macs I feel bad for you son, you pay 99 dollars every time I pay 1
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

die996 wrote:Yeah, timing gates was a fail and jumps were really weird. I've seen old races and tracks were nothing like this one. In vintage racing there were NO RYTHMN SECTIONS and jumps were quite smooth and easy
Umm, the videos you ended up posting strongly contradict what you just said the tracks were like. Besides, all the videos you posted are too early. Clearly I'm going for a mid 80's feel, hence the '85 YZ125.... I have to build the jumps retarded and steep so that we don't just do all the big rhythms that riders do today. I think I've captured the feel of racing a vintage track well enough. Having to slow down for the jumps and use the throttle up the face instead of rolling off of them.
Jones221 wrote:Dude Die. We know what we are doing. God damn..
Who is the "we" you speak of?
Jones221

Post by Jones221 »

Phathry25 wrote:
I wanted to be like the JB of this series. Act like I am part of it.
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

Phathry25 wrote:
die996 wrote:Yeah, timing gates was a fail and jumps were really weird. I've seen old races and tracks were nothing like this one. In vintage racing there were NO RYTHMN SECTIONS and jumps were quite smooth and easy
Umm, the videos you ended up posting strongly contradict what you just said the tracks were like. Besides, all the videos you posted are too early. Clearly I'm going for a mid 80's feel, hence the '85 YZ125.... I have to build the jumps retarded and steep so that we don't just do all the big rhythms that riders do today. I think I've captured the feel of racing a vintage track well enough. Having to slow down for the jumps and use the throttle up the face instead of rolling off of them.
Sorry, I didn't really look at the year of the bike and I know it's hard to recreate the feeling since we can't tweak the engines
Here you have a couple of videos if you want some extra inspiration

PS : thanks for pwning Jones :)