iRacing MNM - Future.

Moderator: Phathry25

Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

iRacing MNM - Future.

Post by Phathry25 »

Anyone still want to do this. Would it garner more interest if we had a series. Purchased car, on 50/50 stock/purchased tracks? Six weeks at a time? Buying tracks with multiple layouts to get as much replay value out of them as possible? NO DAYTONA OR TALLADEGA! If I'm running it I refuse to race those two tracks

My first suggestion would be V8SC, VIR, Twin Ring, Silverstone, Phillip Island for purchased content. Laguna and Okyama for stock content. I know that's 5, but if you pick a track you'd like for yourself that's six and a 20% discount... Then run another 6 weeks using a different car and different layouts. That would be equal to 1 season of iRacing official racing as well. So if you played your cards right and got participation credits you could get the content for $20 every 12 weeks or 3 months. Not that bad when you think about it...

Some of the most fun I've ever had in a game was rFactor V8SC mod, ran a series with a group of friends and it was a complete BLAST! I see no reason why we can't pull this off in iRacing.

Or do we just wait for that mod for rFactor2?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: iRacing MNM - Future.

Post by Pumaxcs »

I'm still game to do these races.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Sounds good to me.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Thanks for the replies, but....

I have the funds to host the races guys, tell me what you want to race and we can do it. Having 3 people show up is no fun at all. There's at least 10 of us here, no reason we shouldn't be able to have some iRacing fun.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Well I didn't make it last week because all the decisions were made within the last hour before the race.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Yea, but you know what time it's going to be at, and that at this point, it will be using stock content. I don't see how it matters what we race... If it helps I can go purchase the sessions for the next 6 weeks right now, but I don't see any difference other than not being as flexible... :(
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I've been wanting to buy more content, I know I want to get some of the faster road cars (I could care less about oval tbh) and some of the road tracks (RA and some of the Euro tracks). Think I posted a list of what it all was in the other topic.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Found it:
yzmxer608 wrote:I want to buy some more content, will most likely get Road America, Milwaukee Mile, Circuit de Spa looks pretty cool. Probably Daytona, Watkins Glen, and Barbe eventually too (Zandvoort looks cool too!). For cars I want to get the F1, Riley Proto, HPD ARX, Corvette, probably a Nascar just to have one, Sprint Silver Crown and SK Modified looks cool too.
I did have some ovals listed in there though...
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Just follow my lead and we can see who has what and vote from there. I think excluding any track aint fair, but, its your power-play to make.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Justin653

Post by Justin653 »

how much is iRacing and is it worht it i have LFS is it similar?
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

iRacing definitely is worth it, if you're looking for racing simulation. It doesn't have anything like LFS does for drift course setups or weird online stuff like Live to Cruise. It's pure car racing simulation, and if that's what you want it's worth every penny!
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Nate, hold out on the two year subscription. Around Thanksgiving and Xmas they offer one year subs for $50. You could do one year at Thanksgiving and one at Xmas for $100 for 2 years.

Justin, it's only worth it if it's what you're looking for. For casual 1-4 hours a week playing it's not worth it. It's the most money you'll ever spend on a game, unless you play flight sims, but it's worth every penny if you use it. Yes, compared to MX Sim it is a complete rip off, no need to let us know.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Oh ok, just keep doing 3 months until then?
Justin653

Post by Justin653 »

hmm do you guys know if theres like some sort of trial run you can use? before you commit to a monthly purchase?
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

ya, just pay for 1 term.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.