2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Moderators: Jeremy150, nascarnate, Jay

User avatar
Jeremy150
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:56 am
Team: MV Films

2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Jeremy150 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:10 am

Feel free to post and discuss about 2015 Aus SX here.
Image

User avatar
Logeyboy
Posts: 2184
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:17 am
Team: Transmoto
Location: New Zealand

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Logeyboy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:35 am

Well I didn't make the amateur main, is that a surprise to anyone? haha nah well I really like how the event is run and can't wait to race a few more rounds :)
Logan Heagney | #130 (EMF NA) | #84 (EMF EU) | #30 (AUS)
EMF Admin
MXSRaces Discord
If you enjoy the work/hosting I do donate here.

Craig
Posts: 849
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:37 am

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Craig » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:16 am

Guess ill say something about the tracks.
To me the tracks haven't been fun not just because of the small scale but there not hard your rhythm sections are all jump in jump out nothing hard or technical about them same with the whoops you skim 2 or 3 and your out.
Traction is a little iffy aswell but its not the worst thing.
But yeah bye havegoodtime

Jay
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:59 am
Contact:

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:56 am

Thanks Craig,
I will do my best to change up the rhythm sections this week and I will also try something new with the whoops (any suggestions on spacing/shape?)

as for scale and to all that suggest changing it... its falling on deaf ears and will not be changed.
The goal of this series is to promote (to the best of my ability) a smaller scale track as they have always taken my preference. I understand that to most this is far from ideal however I am not out to impress the %> , I have attempted this in the past quite successfully and it brings no enjoyment to myself. Instead I am going to trial ideas on how to improve racing at 1:~1 scale predominantly via the use of traction to slow the general pace of riders, however I have yet to achieve that ideal traction and I will continue make adjustments in the coming weeks to provide a slightly better and more raceable track. I have also used traction to give the tracks a slightly more dynamic feel to them as few might have realized in the past 2 rounds there have been altered traction in darker (muddy) parts of the track.. the best example of this was round 2 in which the first 8 gates put the competitors to an extreme disadvantage off the gate as they received 9% less grip than other gates for ~ 1/3 of the length of the start strait. I also plan on using it to provide an essence of line choice that goes beyond what is simply the fastest line and having to feel out the traction on all portions of the track thus forcing riders to an area of the track that is unused in other circumstances..

So thanks to everyone so far that have tolerated the tracks as I do understand that there will always be issues (dumb riders, lag bubbles, no room etc) however I am trying my hardest to create a different series of tracks that don't follow suit to the 1.25 scale and above rule that most track makes live by on sim. I hope to keep the tracks interesting from here on out for the few of you that like them.
James_122 wrote:He started up a Terrorist summer camp in northern Texas last summer. Haven’t heard from him since. Business must be boomin.

User avatar
Big Smooth one3
Posts: 1009
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:17 pm
Team: TM-Factory Racing
Location: TN, for now

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Big Smooth one3 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Jay wrote:Thanks Craig,
I will do my best to change up the rhythm sections this week and I will also try something new with the whoops (any suggestions on spacing/shape?)

as for scale and to all that suggest changing it... its falling on deaf ears and will not be changed.
The goal of this series is to promote (to the best of my ability) a smaller scale track as they have always taken my preference. I understand that to most this is far from ideal however I am not out to impress the %> , I have attempted this in the past quite successfully and it brings no enjoyment to myself. Instead I am going to trial ideas on how to improve racing at 1:~1 scale predominantly via the use of traction to slow the general pace of riders, however I have yet to achieve that ideal traction and I will continue make adjustments in the coming weeks to provide a slightly better and more raceable track. I have also used traction to give the tracks a slightly more dynamic feel to them as few might have realized in the past 2 rounds there have been altered traction in darker (muddy) parts of the track.. the best example of this was round 2 in which the first 8 gates put the competitors to an extreme disadvantage off the gate as they received 9% less grip than other gates for ~ 1/3 of the length of the start strait. I also plan on using it to provide an essence of line choice that goes beyond what is simply the fastest line and having to feel out the traction on all portions of the track thus forcing riders to an area of the track that is unused in other circumstances..

So thanks to everyone so far that have tolerated the tracks as I do understand that there will always be issues (dumb riders, lag bubbles, no room etc) however I am trying my hardest to create a different series of tracks that don't follow suit to the 1.25 scale and above rule that most track makes live by on sim. I hope to keep the tracks interesting from here on out for the few of you that like them.


While I have really enjoyed the tracks thus far and don't hold the same views as Craig, I appreciate the reply, Jay. Very interesting to hear your thought process and approach to building these tracks. It's evident you have a thorough, well thought out strategy that includes a number of track components/variants to reach your end goal of "slowing things down" and creating fast lines that aren't just the biggest jumps - which I think is a really intriguing concept. The scaling difference is the most evident, but I have found that to be an unexpectedly fun part of the tracks. Plus, I've always felt that the best products - in terms of sim content or otherwise - come from creative people doing things the way they want and not just adhering to the norm.

Though I am not actively racing in the series, I really appreciate you taking the time to put these tracks out there for the community as they have already given me hours of fun. Look forward to rd. 3!
Justin Smedley | #304 | UID 13800 | Aggressively Mediocre Image

User avatar
MX4EVER
Posts: 250
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:49 pm
Team: MXS-Concept.com
Location: France
Contact:

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby MX4EVER » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:42 pm

IMO, on the design side it's hard to say something especially on your textures which are always incredible. This year I'm a bit disapointed about the scale, that's right I personnaly like 125% scaled tracks. On the second round you did, for exemple, it was hard to make a pass as the lines and turns are tight and YES, we are in a video game which moreover is hard to play, so be 20 furious guys riding on it was a nightmare for me.

Jimbo6969
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:35 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Jimbo6969 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Dose any one know when round 3 track is gonna be released

Jay
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:59 am
Contact:

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:14 am

Give me a day ... Have 2tasks at hand I need to complete before rd 3
James_122 wrote:He started up a Terrorist summer camp in northern Texas last summer. Haven’t heard from him since. Business must be boomin.

User avatar
Ohagan75
Posts: 3771
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:17 am
Team: Prime Design GFX
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Ohagan75 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:29 am

Jay wrote:Give me a day ... Have 2tasks at hand I need to complete before rd 3

Image
Image
Donate if you like My Creations

Jimbo6969
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:35 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Jimbo6969 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:16 am

So today for people in the states or is the track gonna be released tomorrow for people in the states

User avatar
Ohagan75
Posts: 3771
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:17 am
Team: Prime Design GFX
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Ohagan75 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:20 am

Jimbo6969 wrote:So today for people in the states or is the track gonna be released tomorrow for people in the states

it'll be released when it's done. The race isn't until sunday morning for Americans, you still have plenty of time to tryhard.
Image
Donate if you like My Creations

User avatar
checkerz
Posts: 7800
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:23 am
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby checkerz » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:02 pm

Jay, I understand your desire for smaller scale and I think it's workable. The width DOES NOT need to change, but moving jumps CLOSER to turns and each other will let the speed of the track better match the scale. Right now you're going much faster than you should be making the width feel TOO SMALL when it really isn't an issue if speeds are realistic as well.

Steeper would help also and may I suggest slightly rounder on top? The unpredictable tosses sideways when a wheel clips a short landing area is frustrating. Right now it encourages you to just OJ everything.

Hope that helps a bit.

Jay
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:59 am
Contact:

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:56 pm

thanks Chris
James_122 wrote:He started up a Terrorist summer camp in northern Texas last summer. Haven’t heard from him since. Business must be boomin.

User avatar
Jeremy150
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:56 am
Team: MV Films

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Jeremy150 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:48 am

As far as the racing goes, I think that the tracks actually race pretty well. The people racing this series seem to be much smarter than any other series I've raced. Not exactly sure on why this is, maybe it's because everyone knows that the track is not very wide, and you have to race smart and try not to cross jump into other people. Also, almost every lapper that I have come across moves out of the way completely, which is awesome to see. So pretty much, everybody keep it up :D
Image

Jay
Posts: 1578
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:59 am
Contact:

Re: 2015 Australian Supercross Discussion

Postby Jay » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:52 am

I have found lappers to be great except for one run in I had last round... would love to know what people feel about track length, longer or shorter?
James_122 wrote:He started up a Terrorist summer camp in northern Texas last summer. Haven’t heard from him since. Business must be boomin.


Return to “SXON/Aus Supercross”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest