V4 skins+psd

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
daffernn

Re: V4 skins+psd

Post by daffernn »

What a legend benji, Thanks man :)
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Thanks a bunch! I was planning on sending you some stuff yesterday, actually.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Benjii_D

Post by Benjii_D »

I updated the original link with fresh JM files

If you only want the jms use this link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/od5g5 ... 5/Jm's.rar

Also, I was to lazy to make a picture the first time. P2sta made an awesome screenshot so
Give some cred to him, because he make the best screenshots
on this planet! :wink:

Oakcandy
Team: MotoUnit

Post by Oakcandy »

Will you release blend file? wanna use this for team :P
Benjii_D

Post by Benjii_D »

From my experience you dont need the blend file to run it ;) but yes I'll might release it in the future
FALETTI480
Team: | POGO |

Post by FALETTI480 »

Benjii_D wrote:From my experience you dont need the blend file to run it ;) but yes I'll might release it in the future
dem renders tho
Benjii_D

Post by Benjii_D »

You dont need a render to run a helmet either! :wink:
yFMX
Team: Privateer

Post by yFMX »

The helmet and skins are great but the UV is just terrible. There's a lot of wasted space imo.

Also, when you (the modellers) unwrap an helmet, could you please unwrap it left-right connected by the top instead of the back? It's usually easier to skin that way because the back of the helmet is unwrapped straight instead of curved on top.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

The issue with that is that there are just as many designs that need to match up in the back as there are that need to match up at the top.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
yFMX
Team: Privateer

Post by yFMX »

yeah but it's easier when the UV is a straight line for the back instead of a curve especially with complex patterns and graphics.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

My personal issue with that is that I'm looking straight at the point where everything is slightly off when I ride in third person. I personally had tons of issues with getting designs to line up on these helmets:

It's just a tradeoff that you have to make. I do agree that it's funky to work with a curve along the top of the helmet, but I prefer it to trying to line stuff up along the back, especially when that's where people tend to put logos, names, numbers, etc.
Benjii_D

Post by Benjii_D »

the back of the helmet is what you see in game I tried to hide the seem from being seen. You are the first one to complain about it Will, Joker said it was great. I guess it's a personal preference. yeah it's a lot of UV waste I told you the PSD was shitty for reasons :lol:

KTM57 really got a point, it's either a straight line or logos that will never line up. if the pattern is slighlty curved it's not a big deal and hard to notice. but if your name at the back dosen't line up it will be noticeable and a pain to create.
PONZA77
Team: AMJ Graphixx

Post by PONZA77 »

great job benji,and everyone involved in the skinning...
thanks a lot!