2015 Kawasakiiiiii!!!!

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
frankie

Re: 2015 Kawasakiiiiii!!!!

Post by frankie »

m121c wrote:"paragraph"
Yea i did rush it abit, only bacause later i wont be able too do any work on it and im not kinda that person that sits on the detail only if its something i like ( ex. modeling the plastics :D ) So yea im still in the learning point, heard some people say im too young to understand this kinda of an modeling engine but yea whatever :roll:
Tooh't
Team: Privateer

Post by Tooh't »

Thanx a lot Frankie ;)
You rock dude!!!
m121c

Post by m121c »

frankie wrote:
m121c wrote:"paragraph"
Yea i did rush it abit, only bacause later i wont be able too do any work on it and im not kinda that person that sits on the detail only if its something i like ( ex. modeling the plastics :D ) So yea im still in the learning point, heard some people say im too young to understand this kinda of an modeling engine but yea whatever :roll:
Age shouldn't matter to much but it does help, but it is good you are trying to learn at a young age. There is a lot to learn with 3D models and game assets. It just takes a lot of practice, patience, and motivation. After looking at the model, and to put this in the nicest way possible there is a lot wrong/off. All your vertices should be connected, try to make everything in quads (4 sided). I suggest following a few tutorials online even if they don't pertain to mxs, they will help you for the future. Good to see you are trying though!

There is really to many tips and advice to give to fit in one post. Keep working at it though youll pick it up!
WinterRacing
Team: Winter Designs

Post by WinterRacing »

http://gyazo.com/62cb1611577258b5b9af587b564e6a2a

^Thats my skin for this 2015 Kawasaki man. You did a great job:) In game it looks like this
WinterRacing
Team: Winter Designs

Post by WinterRacing »

dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Thanks man looks good. Hopefully ya release the template of the husky soon so I can throw some graphics on her. Good job once again.
frankie

Post by frankie »

dylan22 wrote:Thanks man looks good. Hopefully ya release the template of the husky soon so I can throw some graphics on her. Good job once again.
Dont want to do the same mistake with the kx... :wink:
Teamgreen98
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Teamgreen98 »

What do you name it??
frankie

Post by frankie »

Pamlex86 wrote:You should name jm:s like this:

yz250fv2010_swingarm-modelname.jm
yz250fv2010_fork_lower-modelname.jm
yz250fv2010_fork_upper-modelname.jm
yz250fv2010_frame-modelname.jm

DO NOT PUT ANY CAPITALS EXPECT MODELNAME IF YOU WISH

and png:

yz250fv2010-modelname-skinname.png

DO NOT PUT ANY CAPITALS EXPECT MODELNAME AND SKINNAME IF YOU WISH
Tyler Sturlis
Team: Privateer

Post by Tyler Sturlis »

what dyno in game is it in i cant seem to find it for some reason :roll:
frankie

Post by frankie »

Tyler Sturlis wrote:what dyno in game is it in i cant seem to find it for some reason :roll:
I just released a source file, u have to put it in game yourself, or you can wait for the release pack im doing
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

I also agree with everything Mason has said/suggested. You and I talked on skype and you felt like he was basically more or less telling you you messed everything up, i can understand how you would take that out of it, but i feel that everything that Mason has said was not to discourage you but simply give you a push in the right direction. I LOVED riding your husky. I also feel that you put a lot more time into that than you did this, but you had your reasons for what you did. Personally, i think you have created a great base model for someone else to have a swing at and try to update and thats a great thing you did. Like many said, we need more people like you that have the "I want to learn this and make my own stuff!" rather than the "Im to fucking lazy to learn this shit, il just ask someone else to make it for me" attitude. Thank you Frankie.
daffernn

Post by daffernn »

Ktmrdr11 wrote:I also agree with everything Mason has said/suggested. You and I talked on skype and you felt like he was basically more or less telling you you messed everything up, i can understand how you would take that out of it, but i feel that everything that Mason has said was not to discourage you but simply give you a push in the right direction. I LOVED riding your husky. I also feel that you put a lot more time into that than you did this, but you had your reasons for what you did. Personally, i think you have created a great base model for someone else to have a swing at and try to update and thats a great thing you did. Like many said, we need more people like you that have the "I want to learn this and make my own stuff!" rather than the "Im to fucking lazy to learn this shit, il just ask someone else to make it for me" attitude. Thank you Frankie.
to be honest, the model itself is amazing imo, its texturing is the problem but me and frankie are shit if you compare it to Andys kx :/
jason_pama
Team: MotoRAD

Post by jason_pama »

Thanks frankie! Gonna put my entry skin from the competition when i get home :)
m121c

Post by m121c »

daffernn wrote:
Ktmrdr11 wrote:I also agree with everything Mason has said/suggested. You and I talked on skype and you felt like he was basically more or less telling you you messed everything up, i can understand how you would take that out of it, but i feel that everything that Mason has said was not to discourage you but simply give you a push in the right direction. I LOVED riding your husky. I also feel that you put a lot more time into that than you did this, but you had your reasons for what you did. Personally, i think you have created a great base model for someone else to have a swing at and try to update and thats a great thing you did. Like many said, we need more people like you that have the "I want to learn this and make my own stuff!" rather than the "Im to fucking lazy to learn this shit, il just ask someone else to make it for me" attitude. Thank you Frankie.
to be honest, the model itself is amazing imo, its texturing is the problem but me and frankie are shit if you compare it to Andys kx :/
Ktm summed it up very well I am in no way trying to discourage you, like he said it's cool to have people wanting to actually put the time in instead of being lazy and creating another useless topic requesting. Now the model is not bad I've seen worse , but to put it in the nicest way possible it's not great. I can do a picture comparison for you if you want or something to help guide you in the right direction but from a modeling stand point there is a lot "wrong" with the model itself, and as far as the Kx you were trying to replicate it is a bit off from that also. Like I said not trying to discourage keep at it, learning and practicing is only going to make you better.

Attacker and I were in the mist of creating a guide from the newest creator to the advanced creator that covered the basics, guidelines, advice/tips, texturing breakdowns, modeling breakdowns, and rendering. It's kind of stalled at the moment though unfortunately.