2015 Kawasakiiiiii!!!!

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
frankie

Re: 2015 Kawasakiiiiii!!!!

Post by frankie »

m121c wrote:
daffernn wrote:
Ktmrdr11 wrote:I also agree with everything Mason has said/suggested. You and I talked on skype and you felt like he was basically more or less telling you you messed everything up, i can understand how you would take that out of it, but i feel that everything that Mason has said was not to discourage you but simply give you a push in the right direction. I LOVED riding your husky. I also feel that you put a lot more time into that than you did this, but you had your reasons for what you did. Personally, i think you have created a great base model for someone else to have a swing at and try to update and thats a great thing you did. Like many said, we need more people like you that have the "I want to learn this and make my own stuff!" rather than the "Im to fucking lazy to learn this shit, il just ask someone else to make it for me" attitude. Thank you Frankie.
to be honest, the model itself is amazing imo, its texturing is the problem but me and frankie are shit if you compare it to Andys kx :/
Ktm summed it up very well I am in no way trying to discourage you, like he said it's cool to have people wanting to actually put the time in instead of being lazy and creating another useless topic requesting. Now the model is not bad I've seen worse , but to put it in the nicest way possible it's not great. I can do a picture comparison for you if you want or something to help guide you in the right direction but from a modeling stand point there is a lot "wrong" with the model itself, and as far as the Kx you were trying to replicate it is a bit off from that also. Like I said not trying to discourage keep at it, learning and practicing is only going to make you better.

Attacker and I were in the mist of creating a guide from the newest creator to the advanced creator that covered the basics, guidelines, advice/tips, texturing breakdowns, modeling breakdowns, and rendering. It's kind of stalled at the moment though unfortunately.
Thanks i appreciate the help your giving to me so i can do it right next time, now i see closely there are some parts that are off. mostly the engine am i right?
Kording
Team: Privateer

Post by Kording »

the engine is a good place to start. Get rid of the 32 sided cylinders on the cylinder head for example and delete all the unseen faces sticking inside other objects.
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!
m121c

Post by m121c »

Well it just seems everything is just a tad off, like I said earlier the frame is really thin. When I looked at the model I saw a lot of area's where vertices were not connected, you should have as many quad's as possible, try to minimize triangles. Work on the poly flow, try to make every vertices, edge, and face count for something and define the shape/curve of the model and have every polygon be somewhat the same size and orientation. I found it helpful at first to plan out my model in Photoshop by drawing out my wire frame and then matching it up in the 3D modeling program. Don't start big either start with a very low poly base just to get the shape, then add in the geometry with loop cuts and flow connects. This will result it a much cleaner mesh, it's a lot easier to add detail then to take away.

You almost have to be OCD about it and try making a really neat/pretty wire frame when you are all done, a nice clean model with good poly flow will not only make for an easier/nicer high poly result but will consequently give you a better unwrap, less warping, and better bakes.
frankie

Post by frankie »

m121c wrote:Well it just seems everything is just a tad off, like I said earlier the frame is really thin. When I looked at the model I saw a lot of area's where vertices were not connected, you should have as many quad's as possible, try to minimize triangles. Work on the poly flow, try to make every vertices, edge, and face count for something and define the shape/curve of the model and have every polygon be somewhat the same size and orientation. I found it helpful at first to plan out my model in Photoshop by drawing out my wire frame and then matching it up in the 3D modeling program. Don't start big either start with a very low poly base just to get the shape, then add in the geometry with loop cuts and flow connects. This will result it a much cleaner mesh, it's a lot easier to add detail then to take away.

You almost have to be OCD about it and try making a really neat/pretty wire frame when you are all done, a nice clean model with good poly flow will not only make for an easier/nicer high poly result but will consequently give you a better unwrap, less warping, and better bakes.
I will keep that in mind, also made this like 3 weeks ago, trying to get better at poly flow http://gyazo.com/2660a76214a1ba4ea9c612a1a77c3c29
WinterRacing
Team: Winter Designs

Post by WinterRacing »

I redesigned the motor on this bike if you guys want a download to it. It looks like this- http://gyazo.com/28a714378aff61c8893bf6d0fb6f1a73
Thanks again Frankie:)
WinterRacing

Post by WinterRacing »

Avtually not quite done, but almost there
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

WinterRacing wrote:I redesigned the motor on this bike if you guys want a download to it. It looks like this- http://gyazo.com/28a714378aff61c8893bf6d0fb6f1a73
WinterRacing wrote:Avtually not quite done, but almost there
Are you actually f*cking serious? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
frankie

Post by frankie »

WinterRacing wrote:I redesigned the motor on this bike if you guys want a download to it. It looks like this- http://gyazo.com/28a714378aff61c8893bf6d0fb6f1a73
Did u take the texturing from stevos?
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Post by Scotty226 »

One of the gooniest thigs i've ever seen LMFAO! :lol:
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
daffernn

Post by daffernn »

Andy_Hack wrote:
WinterRacing wrote:Avtually not quite done, but almost there
Are you actually f*cking serious? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
corentinmx
Team: Human Energy

Post by corentinmx »

Hi !

How to rename the jms ??

thank you
WinterRacing

Post by WinterRacing »

frankie wrote:

Not too sure haha. Give me a little break guys. Im new to this crap. I'm learning to don't a**holes, try and help a guy out instead of being dicks. This is to the people above you Frankie^^
WinterRacing

Post by WinterRacing »

frankie wrote:

Not too sure haha. Give me a little break guys. Im new to this crap. I'm learning to, so don't be a**holes, try and help a guy out instead of being dicks. I've only had the game for 3 months. This is to the people above you Frankie^^
psycho_apex1

Post by psycho_apex1 »

m121c

Post by m121c »

WinterRacing wrote:
frankie wrote:

Not too sure haha. Give me a little break guys. Im new to this crap. I'm learning to don't a**holes, try and help a guy out instead of being dicks. This is to the people above you Frankie^^
Tip #1: Don't claim someone else's work as yours.
Tip #2: Don't take someone else's work from a different model and copy and paste it over to another one.