2015 TLD Lucas Oil Team

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
DCreedz#523
Team: Greef Clothing

Re: 2015 TLD Lucas Oil Team

Post by DCreedz#523 »

JakeT3 wrote:What I wonder most is. IF this is ripped, how did this guy got all the source files?
Exactly, most of the time when people rip, they miss norms etc.
It's like a case needs to be opened :idea:
Beast2013

Post by Beast2013 »

Well, If its not anyone's here it must be MXS Designs unless he made it himself :?
m121c

Post by m121c »

"Who ever made it" never even made it. They put some half assed plastics on a model that has been mis-used for going on 3 years now. Wish people would not use others stuff for there own, sure ya it's nice to look at for reference or to learn from, but I have never seen the point in modeling plastics for a model already done. Actually ya I do see why... they just want to rush it, go as fast as they can to release, so they have 03 goons stroking them telling them they are awesome, when in reality they didn't even do 25% of the actual model.

You couldn't even bother crediting the original creator of the bike, Attacker.
Benjii_D

Post by Benjii_D »

m121c wrote:"Who ever made it" never even made it. They put some half assed plastics on a model that has been mis-used for going on 3 years now. Wish people would not use others stuff for there own, sure ya it's nice to look at for reference or to learn from, but I have never seen the point in modeling plastics for a model already done. Actually ya I do see why... they just want to rush it, go as fast as they can to release, so they have 03 goons stroking them telling them they are awesome, when in reality they didn't even do 25% of the actual model.

You couldn't even bother crediting the original creator of the bike, Attacker.
I started with that model too, and yeah it turned out shit. But my point is when you don't have the skill to model a whole bike it's a great way to start and learn. It would just take to long to make a whole bike and as you learn you will have to remake everything. It's not possible to complete a project when you are at the beginning of the learning curve so I think it's a great way of learning trying. I regret that I released my ktm but whatever I realized it wasn't a great model and today I can do pretty decent models. doing 25% of a bike is a good idea imo releasing it, maybe not always a good idea but still, a lot of people used my ktm and liked it so I got loads of motivation to work more and get better. I amongst other people ruined Attackers ktm but it's also what led to the models I make today. :)
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

You were just politely shit on Mason.
BradyS21
Team: EuroTrashSilencer
Location: Working the corner to earn money to buy a new pipe because I don't know what my works pipe does :'(

Post by BradyS21 »

Benji sums it up the best, mason seriously people have got to start somewhere. I'm sure you weren't the best thing to happen since sliced bread when you first started. Your comments of how people need to stop skinning when they aren't the best are annoying, because they are still trying to learn, yes releasing it is dumb and should ask opinions first but they'll learn that. Best example Ramon's kawi. If someone released that now I'm sure you would flip a fucking lid and throw your computer out the window.
tyskorn wrote:WHOA WHOA WHOA. I apologize for Brady's language, everyone.
MrMx198
Team: FlowTech

Post by MrMx198 »

So is this ripped or not? Just wondering..
frankie

Post by frankie »

BradyS21 wrote:yes releasing it is dumb and should ask opinions first but they'll learn that. .
Thats a lesson i learned in the past year when i first started releasing unfinished bullcrap :D
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

BradyS21 wrote:Benji sums it up the best, mason seriously people have got to start somewhere. I'm sure you weren't the best thing to happen since sliced bread when you first started. Your comments of how people need to stop skinning when they aren't the best are annoying, because they are still trying to learn, yes releasing it is dumb and should ask opinions first but they'll learn that. Best example Ramon's kawi. If someone released that now I'm sure you would flip a fucking lid and throw your computer out the window.
Now brady just took a good old fashioned shit on your chest.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Hey Mason!

Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
m121c

Post by m121c »

I agree with both of what you said, however if you are going to release it at-least give the correct credit. Not saying you did that Benji becuase obviously you didn't, but the shitty part about it is moto joe downloads your Ktm, or the other 5+ that are out for that matter, then moto joe is to stubborn to look and see who the original creator (even if 2nd creator credited them), which results in people thinking you/some one else made the ktm.

I agree partially with the learning, but I also disagree. I would rather see people try there own and fail, take advice and feedback and go at it again. That way when they have something of quality they are proud of they can say "It's mine". I think going at 25% is the wrong way to do but that is just me. I never learned that way I guess, if I did it, I did from the start. Which is why have not made a full bike up-till now, I had to build up to get there.

If a friend does 75% of the homework for you, and you do the remaining 25%, how are you going to know how to do the other 75%? You have to learn in baby steps, for anyone wanting make a full (from scratch) bike model one day here's some advice. Do not expect to jump in to a bike right away. Start small, little projects like stands, goggles, neckbraces, chestprotectors, helmets, tutuorials, misc objects, what have you. This will help the learn the concepts and the program without costing a bunch of time like a bike.

I'm not saying you can't use prior released work for learning purposes, because if I was I would be extremely hypocritical of myself, but you have to know what you should/shouldn't release. Another problem too is people see a new bike and they want to be on the show "Mxsimulator's Next Top Modeler" and will pump out a quick set of plastics on a old model just to get something out there. They would rather do that then spend the time learning, or attempting a full bike.
m121c

Post by m121c »

BradyS21 wrote: I'm sure you weren't the best thing to happen since sliced bread when you first started.
You are right I sucked at it. My starter models are hidden in the darkest alleys on my computer never to be brought up again. :lol:
BradyS21 wrote:Your comments of how people need to stop skinning when they aren't the best are annoying.

I've never told anyone to stop creating content and never will. I give some very harsh advise at times, yes, but the world isn't full of rainbows and unicorns.

There are two types of creators, the ones who want to learn because they want to get better, and the ones who just want to make a quickie to gain forum e-penis points.
Benjii_D

Post by Benjii_D »

I pretty much agree with what you said Mason and didn't mean to throw shit or whatever I just think model whatever you feel like modeling is the best and starting small is a great advice! Modeling a plastic kit is a fairly small project and I think you will learn just as much from that as doing goggles, helmets or whatever. It's obviously a shame when credits is left out and I try to be as good as possible but I never found a good way of doing it, most people will always forget the persons that didn't make the post.
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

aside fromarguing about modeling, whos ktm is it? I dont meant to interrupt, its just that im seriously curious, and i know thats on just about everybodys' mind. SO WHO MADE THIS MODEL
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Its Attackers model, someone has just modified it.