*Jre TECH 10*

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Brad_Smith

Re: *Jre TECH 10*

Post by Brad_Smith »

Andy_Hack wrote:If any of you would know what it takes to make boots like that, then you wouldn't even think about complaining.
Blake_901

Post by Blake_901 »

Wow great work Jre! I might consider investing in these.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Def worth 70$!
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Or more, thanks for the hard work Jre
Logeyboy
Team: Galaxy

Post by Logeyboy »

Racers52 wrote:Thanks for the hard work Jre
jonracer594

Post by jonracer594 »

Appreciate the work you put in these boots. Won't buy them but I sure hope you get a little $$ of them, definetly deserve it.
Bower946
Team: IG: @Moto.Fails

Post by Bower946 »

If I was actually considering buying them, I'd want to see a side by side comparison to the current tech 10's and see if they're really worth that. Obviously they look great in the render but it does them no justice in the game.
Jre
Team: squid

Post by Jre »

Thanks for every kind of comments. The bad and the good.

Thing with the high price is..

Been selling my wheels for 10usd per set as the cheapest (very cheap imo) option. You get the saf with multiple colorways which is enough for most of people. Now the fact has been:

- they leak. Even if the price was 1usd per model, they still leak.
- Only the selling process is a huge amount of work, sending links and talking shit with every guy who comes to chat me. It takes a lot of time if there is like ten people per day coming to chat and then maybe buy. And some of them just chat and "will buy next week". Sure bro.

As you might understand, I'm rather going to charge more than charge less which means even more work. So first I've been working my ass off for the model and then I have to work double for getting all the little coins. Would be a different story if there was a system where you could just click and buy with no need to contact me first. And of course a system that doesn't allow leaking. Then the price could be something that every guy can approach.

But hey, I see a lot of good comments here and have been taking the critique behind them. I personally feel the same way as many of you, the price is too steep.
I'm not a marketing person at all, I'm a professional 3D artist. What I see is the workload behind this model and set the price to be at least somehow reasonable. Now what I didn't see first is the fact as some of you mentioned, there is already Tech10's and they are free. I didn't see that many of you guys can't probably "appreciate" the level of detail and realism my model offers, compared to the free model (a good model for sure).
Same goes with the CR250 model. No matter how great it is as a model, it's not very interesting bike for the mainstream. It's a two stroke, old one. Very few has purchased it, mostly two stroke fans or IRL CR owners. Which makes it too highly priced.

Now I can proudly say, let's lower the boot price since it's not too difficult at the moment. This is not a clever pricing indeed. The original plan with these boots was to sell them only with the new rider model, and the p2sta3 version was meant to be just additional.. Now that's why I mentioned the discount thing, but seems like it just makes things needlessly complicated as many of you are seemingly ignored it. Let's just keep this "boots only" version simply cheaper.

NEW PRICE 35 USD

People who already paid 70 will get their 35 back if they want. Just contact me.
Jre

Post by Jre »

Now here's some screenshots where you can see the Tyskorns tech10s and my tech10s compared side by side. Should make the decision easier for people who can't imagine the difference. I'll leave judging up to you, it's your 35 bucks and you can decide if it's worth it.
The boots made by Tyskorn are still a great free model and as I've seen the files it looks like a clean work. Also we need to remember that the model is old and the quality of MXS mods has improved a lot during these years.
Anyway just for a comparsion here's the poly counts:

Tyskorn boots: 4364 tris
My boots: 4338 tris

Also some other screenshots, I think they show you enough. (Please don't quote the images so we can read this topic easier)

Tiago Freitas #23
Team: JR Racing Team

Post by Tiago Freitas #23 »

Jre wrote:Thanks for every kind of comments. The bad and the good.

Been selling my wheels for 10usd per set as the cheapest (very cheap imo) option. You get the saf with multiple colorways which is enough for most of people. Now the fact has been:

- Only the selling process is a huge amount of work, sending links and talking shit with every guy who comes to chat me. It takes a lot of time if there is like ten people per day coming to chat and then maybe buy. And some of them just chat and "will buy next week". Sure bro.

As you might understand, I'm rather going to charge more than charge less which means even more work. So first I've been working my ass off for the model and then I have to work double for getting all the little coins. Would be a different story if there was a system where you could just click and buy with no need to contact me first. And of course a system that doesn't allow leaking. Then the price could be something that every guy can approach.

But hey, I see a lot of good comments here and have been taking the critique behind them. I personally feel the same way as many of you, the price is too steep.
I'm not a marketing person at all, I'm a professional 3D artist. What I see is the workload behind this model and set the price to be at least somehow reasonable. Now what I didn't see first is the fact as some of you mentioned, there is already Tech10's and they are free. I didn't see that many of you guys can't probably "appreciate" the level of detail and realism my model offers, compared to the free model (a good model for sure).
Same goes with the CR250 model. No matter how great it is as a model, it's not very interesting bike for the mainstream. It's a two stroke, old one. Very few has purchased it, mostly two stroke fans or IRL CR owners. Which makes it too highly priced.

Now I can proudly say, let's lower the boot price since it's not too difficult at the moment. This is not a clever pricing indeed. The original plan with these boots was to sell them only with the new rider model, and the p2sta3 version was meant to be just additional.. Now that's why I mentioned the discount thing, but seems like it just makes things needlessly complicated as many of you are seemingly ignored it. Let's just keep this "boots only" version simply cheaper.

NEW PRICE 35 USD

People who already paid 70 will get their 35 back if they want. Just contact me.
Jre, your boot looks awesome, but the price is to high even with you making it a half of the original price.
i know 3D modelling takes time... So i have a suggestion. Why don´t you make this, if a guy buy the upcoming rider model as a pre - order, he gets the boot for free?
RFX_corentin_12
Team: Impact

Post by RFX_corentin_12 »

Tiago Freitas #23 wrote:

NEW PRICE 35 USD

Jre, your boot looks awesome, but the price is to high even with you making it a half of the original price.
i know 3D modelling takes time... So i have a suggestion. Why don´t you make this, if a guy buy the upcoming rider model as a pre - order, he gets the boot for free?
35$ is too high? You must be drunk mate
Jre

Post by Jre »

He's just trying to lower it more :)

The thing with the rider is, I don't want to make pressure about it. Will finish it as soon as possible with no needs to hurry too much. The quality will be better.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Wow those look amazing ig.
Also the new price is fair imo
Abear944
Team: Yogi Designs

Post by Abear944 »

RFX_corentin_12 wrote:
Tiago Freitas #23 wrote:

NEW PRICE 35 USD

35$ is too high? You must be drunk mate
$35 is the perfect price for these $70 was to high. Your work is amazing jre. Keep it up. If people complain about this price they can keep using the free ones. And not have these high quality boots.
m121c

Post by m121c »

I don't even play the game/create polygonal content anymore and I'm tempted to buy this just to admire the maps/model.

Great work Jre. Your rider model may actually be the point in which brings me back into the game a little, might even have to see if I still remember how to make a set a gear...