2018 Custom Husqvarna

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Re: 2018 Custom Husqvarna

Post by broland278 »

808 wrote:
broland278 wrote:
808 wrote: sick positive feedback
I am sorry, but did I see your “positive feedback”?
Then what type of feedback is that? Feedback consists of negative and positive. Saying something is better than nothing, rather you like it or not. This isn't even your release so why are you trying to talk for someone else?
Brad_Smith

Post by Brad_Smith »

Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Tristan.Botteram wrote:
808 wrote:
broland278 wrote:
Why don't say anything man, you gotta understand that negative feedback is usefull for yourselves and can help you do better next time around. Take me as an example: Alot of guys where complaining about my tracks lately, i change the things they didnt like.. Now they all love them.
The feedback is not to bash you, it's most of the time to help you do better :wink:
That wasn't negative feedback, dude. That wasn't feedback at all, it was just negative. this community blows
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

broland278 wrote:
808 wrote:
broland278 wrote:
Then what type of feedback is that? Feedback consists of negative and positive. Saying something is better than nothing, rather you like it or not. This isn't even your release so why are you trying to talk for someone else?
What type of feedback is telling him he didn't spend enough time on it? That won't help him improve, that'll just give him more time to do the things he's doing wrong, which you aren't telling him how to do right.

Yeah i guess i'm not either, but i'm not a skinner so idk how i would assist him.

how about this:

Hey andy, the front fender of your ktm is wack dawg, it's as big as fucking john goodman. Fix it.

That better?
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
broland278

Post by broland278 »

there is no reason to keep arguing with you about someone else’s post. If the original person has an issue with any posts then they can express it, he doesn’t need you to be his public speaker
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

broland278 wrote:Stop helping this guy out you dick
broland278

Post by broland278 »

Yeah you got me
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

How about this, I was using a top view studio picture by Kiska(the company that does all the designing for KTM) and I lined up all the plastics to it, the front fender is actually that big compared to everything else, but I'm glad that you know my model better than I do. I know that it looks quite wide and I knew it from the beginning, but I didn't want to downscale it, since every bike in sim looks different than the real bike in 1st person.
I don't get why you're so butthurt, the skin is straight trash and everyone with some sort of common sense knows why. If something is that bad, you can't do much to help improve the result other than relearning that person the whole process and heck I and many others won't spend that much time on someone who obviously doesn't give two Fs. He even said that he didn't spend much time on it and nearly everyone on mother earth can see that. It'd be a lot different if he actually tried hard and believe me, people like me are doing this for a long time already, we can see when people spend a fair amount of time on something and surprise! We'd suddenly appreciate it! It's more important to try your best instead of having great results, in this case it looks bad and he was far away from doing the best he possibly can. So yeah... there's nothing positive to say about it other than he put the right logo on the right bike brand... you happy now?
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

Andy_Hack wrote:How about this, I was using a top view studio picture by Kiska(the company that does all the designing for KTM) and I lined up all the plastics to it, the front fender is actually that big compared to everything else, but I'm glad that you know my model better than I do. I know that it looks quite wide and I knew it from the beginning, but I didn't want to downscale it, since every bike in sim looks different than the real bike in 1st person.
I don't get why you're so butthurt, the skin is straight trash and everyone with some sort of common sense knows why. If something is that bad, you can't do much to help improve the result other than relearning that person the whole process and heck I and many others won't spend that much time on someone who obviously doesn't give two Fs. He even said that he didn't spend much time on it and nearly everyone on mother earth can see that. It'd be a lot different if he actually tried hard and believe me, people like me are doing this for a long time already, we can see when people spend a fair amount of time on something and surprise! We'd suddenly appreciate it! It's more important to try your best instead of having great results, in this case it looks bad and he was far away from doing the best he possibly can. So yeah... there's nothing positive to say about it other than he put the right logo on the right bike brand... you happy now?
I know its not that good but I just had it sitting on my computer and I thought I would release it
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Andy_Hack wrote:How about this, I was using a top view studio picture by Kiska(the company that does all the designing for KTM) and I lined up all the plastics to it, the front fender is actually that big compared to everything else, but I'm glad that you know my model better than I do. I know that it looks quite wide and I knew it from the beginning, but I didn't want to downscale it, since every bike in sim looks different than the real bike in 1st person.
Slowly learning why no one like you..
Andy_Hack

Post by Andy_Hack »

808 wrote:Slowly learning why no one like you.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.
#generationbutthurt
*fancy signature*
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

Here's some feedback kid.

- Particularly on the husky, lining up your shroud logo (the husky logo in this case) Is something you shouldn't rush, you have to test in-game, because the template doesn't line up the same in game.
- Use the highest quality logos you can find on google, vector image sites work pretty well for this too. Use the advanced search tool on google images to find high res stuff.
- Placing logos right on the edge of the cutout looks untidy and can distort when placed on model, ruining the visual appearance.
- If the template doesn't have a custom seat cover, add something like this, rather than just add stripes with the paint tool, gradient tool whatever.
- Make sure to put something on each part of template, simply ignoring them ruins the visual appeal of the bike (Eg you missed the swingarm and did nothing on the fork guards).
- Change your nvidia settings to make sim look better, you can find them here, scroll down to the reply by Robert Nash and replicate them in your global/ program settings. Youtube search it if you don't know how to find your Nvidia control panel.
- Most importantly, as Andy stated quite explicitly, just take your time, no one wants a half assed skin, and the amount of people shitting on you for it, will most likely outweigh the good. If no one gives you decent feedback, go download a rf pack from one of the top pro teams probably one that uses the same bike as what you are trying to make a skin for, open it in game, go to free cam, and just look at how they have made theirs, definitely dont try copy their stuff, but pay attention to how logos are placed, what colours they used, if they used any type of texture, pattern. Imo, consistency throughout the skin is the most part.

Hope this helps, just an fyi, people are always gonna trash the worst parts of your stuff, and completely disregard all that youve done right, get used to it.
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

D_ROY178 wrote:Here's some feedback kid.

- Particularly on the husky, lining up your shroud logo (the husky logo in this case) Is something you shouldn't rush, you have to test in-game, because the template doesn't line up the same in game.
- Use the highest quality logos you can find on google, vector image sites work pretty well for this too. Use the advanced search tool on google images to find high res stuff.
- Placing logos right on the edge of the cutout looks untidy and can distort when placed on model, ruining the visual appearance.
- If the template doesn't have a custom seat cover, add something like this, rather than just add stripes with the paint tool, gradient tool whatever.
- Make sure to put something on each part of template, simply ignoring them ruins the visual appeal of the bike (Eg you missed the swingarm and did nothing on the fork guards).
- Change your nvidia settings to make sim look better, you can find them here, scroll down to the reply by Robert Nash and replicate them in your global/ program settings. Youtube search it if you don't know how to find your Nvidia control panel.
- Most importantly, as Andy stated quite explicitly, just take your time, no one wants a half assed skin, and the amount of people shitting on you for it, will most likely outweigh the good. If no one gives you decent feedback, go download a rf pack from one of the top pro teams probably one that uses the same bike as what you are trying to make a skin for, open it in game, go to free cam, and just look at how they have made theirs, definitely dont try copy their stuff, but pay attention to how logos are placed, what colours they used, if they used any type of texture, pattern. Imo, consistency throughout the skin is the most part.

Hope this helps, just an fyi, people are always gonna trash the worst parts of your stuff, and completely disregard all that youve done right, get used to it.
thanks man
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Andy_Hack wrote:
#generationbutthurt
Didn't hurt MY feelings, just annoying that one of the leading content creators for our community is such a dick blower lol
Andy_Hack

Post by Andy_Hack »

808 wrote:
Andy_Hack wrote:
#generationbutthurt
Didn't hurt MY feelings, just annoying that one of the leading content creators for our community is such a dick blower lol
Yep, because I'm dealing with guys like you for 7 years now ;)
D_ROY178 wrote:...
This pretty much sums it up, thanks!
*fancy signature*