A thread about content.

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
m121c

Re: A thread about content.

Post by m121c »

Interesting.

Its millenial entitlement to want compensation for your art and hard work.

Its not millenial entitlement to ask/expect someones art and hard to work to be free for “the greater good” of the community?

The sad part is, the leeches cant even wait for an artist to properly finish and release their work without ripping it and releasing, it’s why this community is where it is at.

Perspective I guess. Ive been on both sides to be clear, I spent a long time just being a consumer of content before becoming a creator of content.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Mikey wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if we could go back to when DJ and DDMX ect were the content creators.
only one to win something real from the game!
m121c

Post by m121c »

VS

Now I don't want to call anyone out. DDMX, DJ, Wilson, Gio, etc. were all super talented and skilled artists, and times were different then both in video game art and also the game itself. As well as computers. I'm sure with some time to knock off rust, they could make incredible comparable work with the right motivation. DJ probably still knows more about all of it than I do, and I've long been a hobby learner for years.

If I remember correctly (I came into the community when everything fell apart... oddly enough.. seems that is a periodic occurrence), those older models were usually a team effort, and almost all of them use the same front end made by Eswkaads (I think? Spelling??).

The newer models not only have more detail, the good ones are entirely baked from high polys and edge split free, comparable in poly count, and fully max out the spectacular map capabilities. What more? They are entirely made by one person, and no parts from other bikes. (Im taking the top models here that are usually sold from the likes of Benjii, JRE, Jay, Jeremy, etc.)

Look at the gear. Look at the norms. You open a set of gear in photoshop it's damn near life looking as if you just cut that shit up and flattened it out.

On top of it all, and again I joined at the tail end of all this, the old community was not without controversy. Sure, mostly everyone out grew the game since then, but mainly they were ran out as their last few project were riddled with leeching and ripping, and many chose to keep things private to friends and teams. I remember because Jones, you yourself were on those teams and in those friend groups, and I was not. I hated it. So what did I do? Started to make my own content.

I think it's great to encourage people to support the community, and I truely do, especially if that person is learning. However, you do no favors by condemning and talking down creators who chose to support themselves first. It's really a tough thing to understand untill you are the one making it, trust me, I was the one saying the same thing 5 years ago from the opposite side.

Anyways, thats my 2 cents. Sure, people who are selling are no way helping the community thrive, but the community doesn't help the community either. There are no flying fucks given about the creator, only the creators content. That's just the cold nature of it all.

Hat's off to those who can release things for free continually. I'm not that guy anymore.
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

I personally just think the quality of bikes and gear surpassed the game itself. Im on board that 500 hours of work you should be compensated, but also on the page that i gave 40 bucks for this game like 7-8 years ago shes a little past her prime but not dead yet and for a full season setup is like 150-200 times two seasons a year is 300 bucks for a 40 dollar game just to look cool, you defiantly look fly as shit but its not worth it.
Mx vs atv alive used to charge like 4.99 a bike even though they looked like shit and had like 10 graphics max, id pay that all day long and own every bike on sim support every creator in the game but if i tried id be thousands deep for people to "recreate" something already made irl. Models dont bother me as much because thats alot of work but just for skinning people are getting stupid money just to skin the newest thor or seven gear and thats just where i draw my line.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Ktmrdr11 wrote:for a full season setup is like 150-200 times two seasons a year is 300 bucks for a 40 dollar game just to look cool, you defiantly look fly as shit but its not worth it ...
Thing is, you don't have to pay every time you use that model. I bought Jeremy's KTM for 2018 Nats, and that's probably what we're going to use for Supercross as well. I personally don't have to have a different brand every time seasons change in this game. I got LCQ's outdoors setup done for under $100, and the Supercross setup done for $10. We used a free bike and I didn't wanna make one set of Seven gear so I paid for it. The rest I made.
just for skinning people are getting stupid money just to skin the newest thor or seven gear and thats just where i draw my line.
That's fine. You don't understand how hard it is to get these things to line up and look right. Much less get norms to look good too. It's not just "let me take this random pic of gear and make a good set", it's actually work and time that is well worth the $10 I've payed silverskate for his PSD's.

With all this being said, there is enough free content released in this game to be used. If it's not released, make it. That's what I did. I've self taught myself graphic design since I joined the community in 2012. And because I taught myself this, I now have a real job doing this stuff. From a video game. Bigger pictures to look at than the small paintings you're scoffing at.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Ktmrdr11
Team: I think Vurb

Post by Ktmrdr11 »

DBRider251 wrote:reply
You misunderstood me which is my fault, i agree there is plenty of free content, no complaints from me. I know skinning gear isnt as simple as drawing it i have made a few sets for myself like you said i just never "mastered" it and the high quality stuff was just much better everyone was using it. I just remember the days when creators made models for the team they were on and used it for a season and then released it because they were done with it and let everyone else have it. Which was freaking awesome and the work was incredible at that time but then everything started getting ripped early and then it went to money which is 100% fair and always has been its just not the same because to me its just a game not big into dlc stuff for money if someone makes something thats awesome but if they dont i cant really complain lol
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Ktmrdr11 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:reply
You misunderstood me which is my fault, i agree there is plenty of free content, no complaints from me. I know skinning gear isnt as simple as drawing it i have made a few sets for myself like you said i just never "mastered" it and the high quality stuff was just much better everyone was using it. I just remember the days when creators made models for the team they were on and used it for a season and then released it because they were done with it and let everyone else have it. Which was freaking awesome and the work was incredible at that time but then everything started getting ripped early and then it went to money which is 100% fair and always has been its just not the same because to me its just a game not big into dlc stuff for money if someone makes something thats awesome but if they dont i cant really complain lol
I have to agree on the idea of releasing it when it has seen its use. There are plenty of models that could be released to the community because they're "old." The only reason creators won't is because they make more, and if they release a 2018 KTM that's free, there aren't many people that are going to pay for a 2019.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

MX5im33 wrote:
DannyBoy wrote:Old community is best community.
facts
brother you have only been playing while sim has been like this lmao
MX5im33
Team: ur moms team

Post by MX5im33 »

BcMxKx37 wrote:
MX5im33 wrote:
DannyBoy wrote:Old community is best community.
facts
same with you dawg
TShepMedia
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

MX5im33 wrote:
BcMxKx37 wrote:
MX5im33 wrote: facts
same with you dawg
i been plAying since 2012 wym
MX5im33
Team: ur moms team

Post by MX5im33 »

BcMxKx37 wrote:
MX5im33 wrote:
BcMxKx37 wrote:
same with you dawg
annnddddd just getting sauce now?
TShepMedia
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

MX5im33 wrote:
BcMxKx37 wrote:
MX5im33 wrote: same with you dawg
annnddddd just getting sauce now?
dont judge me
Tyler 258
Team: Privateer

Post by Tyler 258 »

Did someone say something about the old MXS days?
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Tyler 258 wrote:Did someone say something about the old MXS days?
Please come back baby.
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

Phathry25 wrote:
Tyler 258 wrote:Did someone say something about the old MXS days?
Please come back baby.
yes baby