A thread about content.

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Jones221
Team: Trump

A thread about content.

Post by Jones221 »

INSTEAD OF HURTING THE COMMUNITY, LETS BUILD A BETTER ONE.
Hey Guys,

It has been a while since I've really paid attention to this community, usually just joining the discords my friends are in and getting linked the quality stuff people have been releasing. While there has been a handful of great sets of gear and stock bikes, the lack of sharing the proper tools for more quality content creation is kind of sad. I understand the time and effort put into modeling, as most of my friends back in the day were the ones creating the best content for the game, but those guys didn't have this millennial sense of entitlement. They were creating things to make the best Motocross game better. All of the videos you guys watched before purchasing the game, that was content created for FREE by highschool/college students, learning how to apply these tools to the real world. If you understand how to model you can take this much further then just making replicated bikes for an internet community.

If you guys really feel the need to be compensated solely for your time (because you're using a free program or ripped), then set a donation goal.

For example:

If we hit $XXX the PSD will be released to the public!

Some of you may remember old MXvsATV mods (REV), and the direction Messiah was trying to take the game.. For those who don't, it killed a community.

It's 2018 lets make sim great again. And please discuss below, would love to hear others opinions.
only one to win something real from the game!
chaseb31
Team: BPC | let's get it

Re: A thread about content.

Post by chaseb31 »

one hundo p !

#Gherbo2019
Chase Blakely | Oregon Based
mxer433
Team: Nami

Post by mxer433 »

+1
wocky slush
aaronr5
Team: DAM

Post by aaronr5 »

This is it chief.
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

Old community is best community.
MX5im33
Team: ur moms team

Post by MX5im33 »

DannyBoy wrote:Old community is best community.
facts
TShepMedia
suzuki155
Team: Privateer

Post by suzuki155 »

+ 1
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

https://www.blender.org/
Here's a link to the best free open source 3d software. Plenty of guys from here use it. I wouldn't skimp out on 2d software and just get the Adobe suite. https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/pla ... X&mv=other
There's also a photo package right now that is only $9.99 for Photoshop and Lightroom. Good luck getting started with content creation! I'd be happy to help and answer anyone's questions with their projects.

As far as myself and creating bike models. I make them purely for myself to use, and build my portfolio. If people want to use my bikes I will let them purchase them (which will most likely change for my future models).
I do plenty of other things to help build this game, but I do not think that giving away my bikes would help build a community.

I've always been interested in doing a crowd funding to release the bikes, but I just can not see it ever working in this community. It would be the perfect plan and everyone would enjoy it, but I don't see people chipping in together so everyone can have the bikes. I do have some smaller models that I am working on that maybe we could do a test run on, so it is a possibility.
motocross_will

Post by motocross_will »

Jeremy150 wrote:https://www.blender.org/
Here's a link to the best free open source 3d software. Plenty of guys from here use it. I wouldn't skimp out on 2d software and just get the Adobe suite. https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/pla ... X&mv=other
There's also a photo package right now that is only $9.99 for Photoshop and Lightroom. Good luck getting started with content creation! I'd be happy to help and answer anyone's questions with their projects.

As far as myself and creating bike models. I make them purely for myself to use, and build my portfolio. If people want to use my bikes I will let them purchase them (which will most likely change for my future models).
I do plenty of other things to help build this game, but I do not think that giving away my bikes would help build a community.

I've always been interested in doing a crowd funding to release the bikes, but I just can not see it ever working in this community. It would be the perfect plan and everyone would enjoy it, but I don't see people chipping in together so everyone can have the bikes. I do have some smaller models that I am working on that maybe we could do a test run on, so it is a possibility.
Chargeeeee backkkkkkkkk
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Jeremy150 wrote:I've always been interested in doing a crowd funding to release the bikes, but I just can not see it ever working in this community. It would be the perfect plan and everyone would enjoy it, but I don't see people chipping in together so everyone can have the bikes. I do have some smaller models that I am working on that maybe we could do a test run on, so it is a possibility.
JRE's GasGas got crowdfunded, TM_Infidel made it happen. Everyone whi chipped in got a say in whether it should be released to the public or kept, I think there might have been one guy that said private, but most said free. Though most names who donated were people I expected to donate, the people who usually just ask for stuff for free, those names weren't in there as far as I could tell.

Starting to crowdfund would result in a few guy chipping in each time and everyone else "just gets if for free".
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

I'd be curious to see where this goes.
MOTO NATIOM112
Team: PoGo

Post by MOTO NATIOM112 »

DannyBoy wrote:Old community is best community.
This is so true, this game was so much fun back in the day. Now no one wants to play to have fun, or everyone wants a shit ton of money for stuff. Bring back the 2013-2014 era of this game
John23

Post by John23 »

No one is saying you have to buy models to have fun. If you want to bring back the 2013-2014 era, play on those models. Play with those templates. If you want to play on better bikes, or gear, spend the $25-$100 for it. If you don't want to, don't buy it. That simple. People don't make models to make money. They want to make the models to show how far this game can be pushed, and for their own career sake. Don't want to spend money, don't. That simple.
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
nickuzick

Post by nickuzick »

John23 wrote:People don't make models to make money.
:roll: :lol:
mxer433
Team: Nami

Post by mxer433 »

John23 wrote:bs
shut up
wocky slush