A thread about content.

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
TiddyG
Team: Privateer

Re: A thread about content.

Post by TiddyG »

I'd be happy to chip in some money towards a community release. Obviously this is something that is up to the content creators themselves as to wether or not they want all their hard work released to the whole community from a smaller section of donations, or if they'd rather not go through the hassle and just sell it to guys who actually want it. Maybe with bikes it could work with guys who donated more than say $20 get a full release psd with all the aftermarket parts and able to change colors of the frame/plastics and the free release version could just be a basic cutout with the .jms spec and norm. Then for guys who haven't donated it could be more like the current system whereas the model is available for purchase. Just my 2c, it could work well or it could be more effort than it is worth for the guys making the content.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Jeremy150 wrote:https://www.blender.org/
Here's a link to the best free open source 3d software. Plenty of guys from here use it. I wouldn't skimp out on 2d software and just get the Adobe suite. https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/pla ... X&mv=other
There's also a photo package right now that is only $9.99 for Photoshop and Lightroom. Good luck getting started with content creation! I'd be happy to help and answer anyone's questions with their projects.

As far as myself and creating bike models. I make them purely for myself to use, and build my portfolio. If people want to use my bikes I will let them purchase them (which will most likely change for my future models).
I do plenty of other things to help build this game, but I do not think that giving away my bikes would help build a community.

I've always been interested in doing a crowd funding to release the bikes, but I just can not see it ever working in this community. It would be the perfect plan and everyone would enjoy it, but I don't see people chipping in together so everyone can have the bikes. I do have some smaller models that I am working on that maybe we could do a test run on, so it is a possibility.
We apparently don’t see eye to eye. If you find your reasoning justifiable then so be. Best of luck
only one to win something real from the game!
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I think the people who are really into making stuff "for the greater good" are largely the ones making tracks, and 10 years ago that group was made up of people interested in learning how to make bike models. You could use DJ's 2010 YZF or the 2010 CRF, and they look pretty nice up against our current bikes, and a huge portion of us are using what is basically the ddmxv2 rider, but you'd be bored of riding the same old tracks.

I would like to see wireframes released like we used to when we kept bike templates private, but in the same breath, there is no way I'm going to feasibly put together anything nice without the 3d files, and that's what creators really want to protect.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

just my 2 cents. honestly I feel most people just want their name or number on their gear or bike. I have not even downloaded the 2019 Ktm for the fact that I cant even put my number on the bike. It doesn't feel personalized or special. I can equip it in game then now what? Look at my stock number plates? How many of you guys would go out and buy a stock bike and leave it stock? probably none of you. you would want to have your number, graphics, name, etc in order to make your bike feel one of a kind. I mean no hate to jeremy150 he does incredible work on these bikes, But you said you make bikes for personal use. Why not release them. How will it effect you? How will releasing a psd for a bike effect you in a negative way? I understand those bikes take probably 50+ hours to make. 50+ hours of probably hell. But then again whats the point of making it if nobody will ever see it. Thats like me making a track for personal use. Why would I do that?
the customization part of sim IMO, has gone away completely except for custom tracks. Thats one of the main reasons why I make tracks. because I can personalize the track to how I want it. it feels special to me. And seeing people play my tracks and then using stuff from my tracks to better their tracks is really what justifies me creating them. not many people can say that on the rider side of sim. When downloading MOST sets of gear. I cant use that gear to do much. I cant use it to personalize it, I cant use it to help my self in trying to create other gear, The only thing I can do is say "wow this gear looks cool!"
I know there is more factors to creating models than I know of. And I understand that not everybody is willing to give up their hard work for free, or for everyone to use. But this way were going is going to end up killing the game, and we can already adverse effects of it.

Thanks. :D
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

AtlasZoor wrote:I understand those bikes take probably 50+ hours to make. 50+ hours of probably hell. But then again whats the point of making it if nobody will ever see it. Thats like me making a track for personal use. Why would I do that?
No, it's more around 500 hours of work. Sorry I don't feel the need to just give away my work for free.
AtlasZoor wrote:I know there is more factors to creating models than I know of. And I understand that not everybody is willing to give up their hard work for free, or for everyone to use. But this way were going is going to end up killing the game, and we can already adverse effects of it.
Me not giving away my bikes for free is killing the game? Ok.
AtlasZoor
Team: Atlas Trackworks

Post by AtlasZoor »

Jeremy150 wrote: No, it's more around 500 hours of work. Sorry I don't feel the need to just give away my work for free.
Me not giving away my bikes for free is killing the game? Ok.
Sorry, like I said I’m not well versed in model making. I didn’t mean disrespect, sorry if it came off that way. But could you elaborate on why you won’t release your work. What if you would release scrammed jms but release a psd along with it? (Idk if scrammed jms and non scrammed pngs would work together).

Also that wasn’t aimed toward you not releasing your bikes that was just more of a generalized statement. I guess I should have made that more clear. Sorry if some of the stuff I said came off bad. I didn’t mean for it to sound like that. I was merely using you as an example.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

I feel like if the models weren't over $100 more people might buy them, resulting in less spread around the community. I mean, I know if the 2018 honda wasn't, what, $150? and more like $40 or $50, I'd buy it. I just don't feel like spending anything over $100 for an in-game cosmetic item is worth it. Especially not in a game that nobody except for yourself and people who have downloaded your skins, which usually never happens, can see it. Even MORE so when you play in 1st person, $100 for a front fender pretty much.

However I do understand the part about supporting the content creator so he keeps creating, I'm all for it, but hot damn $100+ and I don't even think twice about it.

Obviously that's me rambling.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Jeremy150

Post by Jeremy150 »

The only reason the Honda was $150 is because it's basically like getting 2 bikes, a 250 and a 450, it's not very common that people do that.
My thought process is that I'd rather have 20 sales at $100, than 40 sales at $50. Yeah if I were to lower the price to $50, I could get even more sales, and make more money than I did at $100, but I don't do it for the money, I do it for myself. If I lower the price that low, there would be an insane amount of people running the bike.
Smerwin43

Post by Smerwin43 »

Jeremy150 wrote:The only reason the Honda was $150 is because it's basically like getting 2 bikes, a 250 and a 450, it's not very common that people do that.
My thought process is that I'd rather have 20 sales at $100, than 40 sales at $50. Yeah if I were to lower the price to $50, I could get even more sales, and make more money than I did at $100, but I don't do it for the money, I do it for myself. If I lower the price that low, there would be an insane amount of people running the bike.
I'd say its better that there are an insane amount of people running it with the rights to, rather than an insane amount of people running it ripped or without rights. But you put so much time into it that there is plenty of argument for why you price it that high. Just my two cents
Jeremy150

Post by Jeremy150 »

Smerwin43 wrote:
Jeremy150 wrote:The only reason the Honda was $150 is because it's basically like getting 2 bikes, a 250 and a 450, it's not very common that people do that.
I'd say its better that there are an insane amount of people running it with the rights to, rather than an insane amount of people running it ripped or without rights. But you put so much time into it that there is plenty of argument for why you price it that high. Just my two cents
That's also a very good point. So like I said I have another model coming soon (not a bike) that we could do a test run on to see how it goes.
Smerwin43

Post by Smerwin43 »

Jeremy150 wrote:
Smerwin43 wrote:
That's also a very good point. So like I said I have another model coming soon (not a bike) that we could do a test run on to see how it goes.
Awesome
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

Jeremy150 wrote:https://www.blender.org/
Here's a link to the best free open source 3d software. Plenty of guys from here use it. I wouldn't skimp out on 2d software and just get the Adobe suite. https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/pla ... X&mv=other
There's also a photo package right now that is only $9.99 for Photoshop and Lightroom. Good luck getting started with content creation! I'd be happy to help and answer anyone's questions with their projects.

As far as myself and creating bike models. I make them purely for myself to use, and build my portfolio. If people want to use my bikes I will let them purchase them (which will most likely change for my future models).
I do plenty of other things to help build this game, but I do not think that giving away my bikes would help build a community.

I've always been interested in doing a crowd funding to release the bikes, but I just can not see it ever working in this community. It would be the perfect plan and everyone would enjoy it, but I don't see people chipping in together so everyone can have the bikes. I do have some smaller models that I am working on that maybe we could do a test run on, so it is a possibility.
I mean, you could always start small in releasing an old model. Just to see what the community could do.
MOTO NATIOM112
Team: PoGo

Post by MOTO NATIOM112 »

John23 wrote:blah blah blah, things and stuff
Back in my day, models were either free or no more than $10, people played to have fun (team races, brackets, etc) RFG was a solid 11/10, you had to be fast to be on a good team, whether you're friends or not, and the tracks were lit. And you're right, you dont need to buy models to have fun. What you do need is a server full of people just playing the game and a less "try hard" attitude. 2013-2014 was by far the best time for this game. As far as buying models, the only people I'll ever buy stuff from is Mason, JRE, Jeremy, Hunter and sometimes Jay, because their stuff is actually worth the money. This community is dying, 90% of the good creators are gone or leaving. Why? Because the same community drove them away.
BcMxKx37

Post by BcMxKx37 »

MOTO NATIOM112 wrote:
John23 wrote:blah blah blah, things and stuff
Back in my day, models were either free or no more than $10, people played to have fun (team races, brackets, etc) RFG was a solid 11/10, you had to be fast to be on a good team, whether you're friends or not, and the tracks were lit. And you're right, you dont need to buy models to have fun. What you do need is a server full of people just playing the game and a less "try hard" attitude. 2013-2014 was by far the best time for this game. As far as buying models, the only people I'll ever buy stuff from is Mason, JRE, Jeremy, Hunter and sometimes Jay, because their stuff is actually worth the money. This community is dying, 90% of the good creators are gone or leaving. Why? Because the same community drove them away.
modelers also didnt invest as much time back then.
zebzone235
Team: Lindqvist Racing

Post by zebzone235 »

I don't get the people that say "just because it was free back then doesn't mean it has to be free now, things have changed"
My question is what changed in the game that made you feel the need to charge for models? It's the same game, it's the same platform and the same programs are being used to create these models. It's sad when the only thing that makes a person put effort into something is money