A thread about content.

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Crushed Dissenter

Re: A thread about content.

Post by 808 »

zebzone235 wrote:I don't get the people that say "just because it was free back then doesn't mean it has to be free now, things have changed"
My question is what changed in the game that made you feel the need to charge for models? It's the same game, it's the same platform and the same programs are being used to create these models. It's sad when the only thing that makes a person put effort into something is money
The models got way higher quality, modelers spend more time, modelers have lives other than modeling for sim, so taking lots of time out of their lives to create something super hard to create for FREE is kinda not in their best interest.
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
zebzone235
Team: Lindqvist Racing

Post by zebzone235 »

808 wrote:taking lots of time out of their lives to create something super hard to create for FREE is kinda not in their best interest.
That's what i'm saying, people today are driven by money and not the joy that comes with modeling the bike and the appreciation from the community once the bike is finished. When money is the main priority in what you are doing then you should just stop
jmayo_2

Post by jmayo_2 »

zebzone235 wrote:
808 wrote:taking lots of time out of their lives to create something super hard to create for FREE is kinda not in their best interest.
That's what i'm saying, people today are driven by money and not the joy that comes with modeling the bike and the appreciation from the community once the bike is finished. When money is the main priority in what you are doing then you should just stop
The thing is, nobody forces anyone to buy it. So if you don't want to spend the money, don't. It really is that simple.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

zebzone235 wrote:I don't get the people that say "just because it was free back then doesn't mean it has to be free now, things have changed"
My question is what changed in the game that made you feel the need to charge for models? It's the same game, it's the same platform and the same programs are being used to create these models. It's sad when the only thing that makes a person put effort into something is money
Not sure how many times I have to say it, I don't make content for the money. None of us do. Go ask JRE, Benji, Mason, Attacker5, or Andy if they made content purely for the money. We all do it for the enjoyment of creating digital art, and some of us have taken what we learned by making content for this game and made real jobs out of it.

The only thing that's sad is people who have never opened up a legitimate copy of Photoshop and expect other people to give them months of hard work for free.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

Damn Jeremy you must be sick of having this conversation by now :twisted: :twisted:
TM_Infidel
Team: TM Factory-Racing

Post by TM_Infidel »

Again, if i was as cool as jlv i would have a creator or two on the payroll either full or part time making models (bikes/gear/lids etc..) each year keeping things up to date for all and eliminate the current void. Offering them as DLC packs for a fee which $ goes back to jlv to pay those staff seems logical while also adding the game for sale on Steam gaining huge exposure which MXBikes is currently doing.

Peeps would still create their own custom stuff for sim and that's great, at least everyone would have far more choice & the very latest stuff via DLC's which in turn would help the game and interest continue to evolve exponentially as future mx games start to gain momentum.
Jeremy150

Post by Jeremy150 »

TM_Infidel wrote:Again, if i was as cool as jlv i would have a creator or two on the payroll either full or part time making models (bikes/gear/lids etc..) each year keeping things up to date for all and eliminate the current void. Offering them as DLC packs for a fee which $ goes back to jlv to pay those staff seems logical while also adding the game for sale on Steam gaining huge exposure which MXBikes is currently doing.

Peeps would still create their own custom stuff for sim and that's great, at least everyone would have far more choice & the very latest stuff via DLC's which in turn would help the game and interest continue to evolve exponentially as future mx games start to gain momentum.
That would be awesome to see JLV do. I think there are a few people that would be able to create high quality, well optimized models for this game. I can't speak for others, but I would love the opportunity to help build this game.
ShortyMX
Team: Skullcandy

Post by ShortyMX »

TM_Infidel wrote:Again, if i was as cool as jlv i would have a creator or two on the payroll either full or part time making models (bikes/gear/lids etc..) each year keeping things up to date for all and eliminate the current void. Offering them as DLC packs for a fee which $ goes back to jlv to pay those staff seems logical while also adding the game for sale on Steam gaining huge exposure which MXBikes is currently doing.

This. Harder to rip. Sales aren't as annoying as they are now, meaning the price can be pushed down while still generating more profit than the 100$ models. I can see 75% of the community investing 20-30$ for at least a couple of oems. I can see everyone profit from this.

Though I don't think the community is dying because of the lack of models etc. In my opinion, there are noticeably more public releases this year again than the last 2 years. Biggest problem is pay to race, and another big factor are other mx games. When Sim peaked in 2013-2014 there wasn't a lot of other stuff around. Alive released in 2011, but there were basically no tracks or geat added. We pretty much sat dry for 3 years without a major mx game. MvA Supercross and MXGP 1 released in 2014 and that's when the community started to shrink. 2016 MXGP stepped their game up and now they're releasing 2 games per year. Plus MvA released Supercross Encore and All out. If you wanted to ride the newest stuff in 2012, 13 and 14 you had one option- master the steeeeep learning curve of MX Simulator. Frustrated kids of today will just switch back to MXGP if they're tired of trying. These other major games have a much bigger influence than many users here believe.
ImageImageImage
Lewis Lynds

Post by Lewis Lynds »

This ^^

One of the key factors that I think is "killing" the game is the people who are going around on discord randomly messaging as many people as they can offering things such as one of jeremy's models and gear for say $10. From a content creators point of view this pushes me away from the game; it's childish and unnecessary especially when these people who offer these low prices are scamming people. I personally feel like this is one of the key points that needs to be focused on because, if a game that was made with the intention of being a community fueled game is failing because the content creators that make the community are being pushed away because of people claiming credit and money for doing nothing, then there's a big problem.

As far as what Brad has presented I would love to see what JLV thinks of it, as I feel like it could help the game in it's current time of need and stop what the community has left being pushed away. Having a system to go through on the actual sim website that makes buying content for the game much more secure and authentic has the potential to keep the game going for a bit longer which is what we all want. I think we can all agree that too many hours have been put into this game for it to become irrelevant because a few people have to ruin it for everyone.
Smidly
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Wildside

Post by Smidly »

Yeah, I'm planning to actually start making cool shit instead of dumb shit and I will probably just have a place to donate and just have the psds out for free.
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

Jeremy150 wrote:
AtlasZoor wrote:I understand those bikes take probably 50+ hours to make. 50+ hours of probably hell. But then again whats the point of making it if nobody will ever see it. Thats like me making a track for personal use. Why would I do that?
No, it's more around 500 hours of work. Sorry I don't feel the need to just give away my work for free.
AtlasZoor wrote:I know there is more factors to creating models than I know of. And I understand that not everybody is willing to give up their hard work for free, or for everyone to use. But this way were going is going to end up killing the game, and we can already adverse effects of it.
Me not giving away my bikes for free is killing the game? Ok.
Well how much do you sell them for?? Probably a ridicules amount of money...75-100+ ?? Not worth for something im gonna throw my name/number on and some decals in a game...
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

ColtHans wrote:
Jeremy150 wrote:
AtlasZoor wrote:I understand those bikes take probably 50+ hours to make. 50+ hours of probably hell. But then again whats the point of making it if nobody will ever see it. Thats like me making a track for personal use. Why would I do that?
No, it's more around 500 hours of work. Sorry I don't feel the need to just give away my work for free.
AtlasZoor wrote:I know there is more factors to creating models than I know of. And I understand that not everybody is willing to give up their hard work for free, or for everyone to use. But this way were going is going to end up killing the game, and we can already adverse effects of it.
Me not giving away my bikes for free is killing the game? Ok.
Well how much do you sell them for?? Probably a ridicules amount of money...75-100+ ?? Not worth for something im gonna throw my name/number on and some decals in a game...
ignore that, shoulda read the whole thread first...
Jeremy150

Post by Jeremy150 »

Hard for me to say that $75-$100 is a rediculous ammount of money for one of my bike models. I understand that you’ve never put more than an hour of work into a project. But if you work on something for a few months, I feel like your perception on value may change.
MOTO NATIOM112
Team: PoGo

Post by MOTO NATIOM112 »

Jeremy150 wrote:Hard for me to say that $75-$100 is a rediculous ammount of money for one of my bike models. I understand that you’ve never put more than an hour of work into a project. But if you work on something for a few months, I feel like your perception on value may change.
Remember when your OG Honda took almost a year?
Jeremy150

Post by Jeremy150 »