2019 Fox V3 Helmet

Post models and skins here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a model/skin link, this is the wrong place to post it.
ButterBall
Team: ButterBall Decals

Re: 2019 Fox V3 Helmet

Post by ButterBall »

[quote="skraks"lowkey, butterball isnt wrong imo, its free online, if you ca prove it shouldnt be then fair game but until then i dont see anything wrong with using this helmet. idrk or care if hes selling it tbh, let the man do his thing, if it bothers you that much then dont buy it ig (just go get a free one), another helmet in this community for people to use doesnt bother me, especially when 80% of this community runs bell helmets cause thats the only thing up to date.
Image[/quote]
See thats the wrong tho, because IM NOT TRYING TO SELL THAT HELMET! i am trying to make an entirely different one.some people just dont get it though lol
ButterBall

Post by ButterBall »

D_ROY178 wrote:
Reid wrote:really good helmet! but why is it $75??? no hate or anything, i have no idea how many hours he put into this, how much money it costs to 3d scan a helmet, just a little weird to buy a helmet for 75 bucks, when the actual game is 40
Long story short, its their work and they can determine how much they think its worth. Sure it might be steep pricing but unless youre gonna make it yourself, thats what you'll pay. The sheer detail in the models by Jeremy etc these days are to a fairly high standard don't forget.
I agree with that, Jeremy makes ridiculously high quality models for the game, but i mean shit, $35-50 is more reasonable
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

skraks wrote:Helmet[/img]
It's not posted online for free. Someone ripped the helmet from SX the game 2, and posted it on their "resume" website
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

ButterBall wrote:[quote="skraks"lowkey, butterball isnt wrong imo, its free online, if you ca prove it shouldnt be then fair game but until then i dont see anything wrong with using this helmet. idrk or care if hes selling it tbh, let the man do his thing, if it bothers you that much then dont buy it ig (just go get a free one), another helmet in this community for people to use doesnt bother me, especially when 80% of this community runs bell helmets cause thats the only thing up to date.
See thats the wrong tho, because IM NOT TRYING TO SELL THAT HELMET! i am trying to make an entirely different one.some people just dont get it though lol[/quote]

Not trying to take sides but say if It’s not ripped you trying to tell me someone would put that much effort in to just post it for free online? And also it’s got those same ugly ass eks goggles from sx2.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

It's literally Tickle's helmet from SX2
ColtHans

Post by ColtHans »

ButterBall wrote:[quote="skraks"lowkey, butterball isnt wrong imo, its free online, if you ca prove it shouldnt be then fair game but until then i dont see anything wrong with using this helmet. idrk or care if hes selling it tbh, let the man do his thing, if it bothers you that much then dont buy it ig (just go get a free one), another helmet in this community for people to use doesnt bother me, especially when 80% of this community runs bell helmets cause thats the only thing up to date.
See thats the wrong tho, because IM NOT TRYING TO SELL THAT HELMET! i am trying to make an entirely different one.some people just dont get it though lol[/quote]
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 20#p853320
ButterBall

Post by ButterBall »

ColtHans wrote:
See thats the wrong tho, because IM NOT TRYING TO SELL THAT HELMET! i am trying to make an entirely different one.some people just dont get it though lol
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 20#p853320[/quote]
he was selling i though
Quinten
Team: QM1

Post by Quinten »

Alright, I am gonna set the line straight from here on out. I have not said anything this entire time since I have released this topic in spite of hoping a positive resolution would come out of it. In hindsight, nothing but complaining has erupted. If you are unwilling to buy the helmet at its price for what IMO is totally justifiable than so be it. Nobody is forcing your hand into buying it. I did not have to release this....

In releasing it to the public, I had high hopes that people would be glad that another model has finally come out again. Spite most current modelers giving up and leaving the game for this exact same reason. Nobody in this community can respect how much time that goes into modeling and texturing. Don't get me wrong, some have of you in this thread have been very positive about this being released and you know who you are and I appreciate it 100%. Others have been nothing but negative and you also know who you are.

This helmet has just over 6 months of productivity in it. Yes, 3D scanning the helmet helps but you cannot just 3D scan anything and put it in the game with over easily a million polys. All 3d scanning helps with is shaping. Modelers like myself still have to go back and completely make another shell from scratch with the 3D scanned object.

For those who want the helmet, the opportunity is out there. For those who do not, that is your choice. For those who wish to bash on the price and quality, fine so be it, have fun with the outdated Fox V4. If I were on the other side of the spectrum, I would be siding with the fact that a model that was never supposed to be released to the public is now available and would be appreciative.
mxer433
Team: Nami

Post by mxer433 »

Quinten wrote:lettin em know wtf is up
thank you quinten for the work you put in to the helmet and allowing people to purchase and run it. you are helping the community out and yes, it comes at a price. sucks that people just bitch and moan and just chase guys like you away.
wocky slush
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

Tristan.Botteram
Team: MotoSport.com

Post by Tristan.Botteram »