Sorketorp Enduro 2

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
haggqvist

Sorketorp Enduro 2

Post by haggqvist »

I found some time to finally finish the enduro track at Sorketorp.
This time around I've included a dry version with better traction as well. It's not completely dry, more like moist, but at least the sun is shining...
Just unpack in your personal folder, fire up the WR and enjoy!

Sorketorp Enduro 2 [wet & dry]
http://www.mediafire.com/?lbhesld51kzgnm2

If you don't have the Sorketorp trackfiles from the previous release:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rl8v95svd6ywg58

Aky141
Team: Privateer

Re: Sorketorp Enduro 2

Post by Aky141 »

YOU RULE!!!!!!
cant wait to try it thanks a heap!!!!
Motorcycles are unlike women, you can ride your dirt bike whenever you feel.....
MX196
Team: Privateer

Post by MX196 »

Nice track! Really fun and i can make a lap!
excelmx112

Post by excelmx112 »

Awsome work. We could really use some good enduros!!
rainey06au
Team: Honda

Post by rainey06au »

My first time here, I've had MXS for about 4 days and I'm hooked. I just wanted to say this Sorketorp track is a masterpiece, its like true trail riding... even though I fall over every 3 seconds at best on the trails I refuse to use the arcade physics. I don't have a good setup for it yet but still having loads of fun. Each time I play this the enduro tracks I look forward to the onroad bits with all the potholes and stuff, its a bit like the roads near me so it adds to the immersion. Well done and thanks a lot for the hard work!
kawijeremy

Post by kawijeremy »

dude this track is beast
If you have the guts, follow my ruts
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Holy.. That's one long track. Took me 12:38 to finish a lap. :lol:

Traction feels much better now than in the first sorketorp enduro, though a little buffer zone to the offtrack would be nice. I was one tire width away from the path and all my speed disappeared along with the traction and any hope of getting back on to the track. 0.5 meters on either side of the ride path with a sorta bad traction would be much better than the current steer-away-from-the-path-for-1cm-and-you're-doomed-to-eternal-damnation-traction.

Visually it's amazing. Two things I don't like though. The tapes/fences on the path's sides do not appear far enough. Every time I see them I'm well on my way blowing straight through the corner and them. Trees blend a bit too well to the terrain. On two occasions I rode straight into a tree 'cause I honestly couldn't tell it even was there.

Other than those little nitpicks, it's a pretty damn great.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

You could probably delete one of the LOD files (or rename it) to adjust the distance the fence disappears at. If you didn't know that already.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

Thanks!
Shadow wrote:though a little buffer zone to the offtrack would be nice. I was one tire width away from the path and all my speed disappeared along with the traction and any hope of getting back on to the track. 0.5 meters on either side of the ride path with a sorta bad traction would be much better than the current steer-away-from-the-path-for-1cm-and-you're-doomed-to-eternal-damnation-traction.
Having a buffer zone is a really good idea. The eternal-damnation-roll-resistance is actually a bit lower than in the last release but maybe it's still too much...
Shadow wrote:The tapes/fences on the path's sides do not appear far enough. Every time I see them I'm well on my way blowing straight through the corner and them. Trees blend a bit too well to the terrain. On two occasions I rode straight into a tree 'cause I honestly couldn't tell it even was there.
That's what the direction arrows are there for... :D
Joking aside, I haven't noticed that with the tape at all. It might be because I know the track all too well or because I run max graphics. It probably doesn't help that they are quite thin to begin with... As for the tree color problem; was that on the dry or wet version?
Garasaki wrote:You could probably delete one of the LOD files (or rename it) to adjust the distance the fence disappears at. If you didn't know that already.
The tape doesn't have LOD files. I haven't had the time to look into that...
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

haggqvist wrote:That's what the direction arrows are there for... :D
Joking aside, I haven't noticed that with the tape at all. It might be because I know the track all too well or because I run max graphics. It probably doesn't help that they are quite thin to begin with... As for the tree color problem; was that on the dry or wet version?
Likewise using max graphics but still it seems to appear out of thin air just as I'm happily going straight wide open. :mrgreen:

Tree color thing was in the dry version.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

Absolutely amazing! I can't imagine how much time was put into the details of this track. I really enjoy cruising around the trails to get away from all of the SX testing. :mrgreen:

My only complaint was the traction just off the edge of the path like someone mentioned earlier. I understand why it is that way, so people can't cut corners and such, but it is just a little too much in my opinion.
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

Hmm I really liked it but I can't figure out why the tree trunks were like white 2 white squares. It made it a bit hard to see.
This is what I mean, I see some trees fine but others have wierd squares:
Am I missing something?
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
stevoktm

Post by stevoktm »

I might not be right but i thought some people downlaoded the sorketorp trackfiles and put the folder in their personal folder to fix it, dont hold me on that though.
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

haggqvist wrote:If you don't have the Sorketorp trackfiles from the previous release:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rl8v95svd6ywg58
Well I have that in my folder unless theres something else you're talking about
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
stevoktm

Post by stevoktm »

Yeah thats what i meant, but i think your problem is something different, as others had white objects, im not sure about the white square/plane thing.