2012 MotoSport rF National - Rd9 - Unadilla

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: 2012 MotoSport rF National - Rd9 - Unadilla

Post by jlv »

Gate 28 is in there twice. Guess I should make it emit a warning for that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

jlv wrote:Gate 28 is in there twice. Guess I should make it emit a warning for that.
how about the backwards gate? does that matter?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The timing will be a little funky in that section but no major harm. It scores you when your front axle touches the gate, so putting the round part first will work but the gate will effectively be round instead of a line.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

The track came out pretty good, BUT...

It is technically ripped, and I'm absolutely disgusted with the way that Gio handled it. He first asked for my permission to make "minor changes, mostly visual" to my track. I granted that permission on the condition that I approve the final version before release. He made huge changes in all areas, ignored my PM's, gave me one early version of his work, made only some of the changes I requested, ignored more PM's, and released the track without my final approval. rF absolutely has my permission to use this track for the race, but I am absolutely furious with Gio over this.
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

I'd be mad too.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

warrior462 wrote:The track came out pretty good, BUT...

It is technically ripped, and I'm absolutely disgusted with the way that Gio handled it. He first asked for my permission to make "minor changes, mostly visual" to my track. I granted that permission on the condition that I approve the final version before release. He made huge changes in all areas, ignored my PM's, gave me one early version of his work, made only some of the changes I requested, ignored more PM's, and released the track without my final approval. rF absolutely has my permission to use this track for the race, but I am absolutely furious with Gio over this.
Ugh, I thought this was all fine after the one PM I got from you to both Gio and I after the mid-project beta. Sorry there was more that I wasn't aware of and that you are bummed. I'll shoot you a PM and we can see if we can fix this privately. I'm sure Gio didn't mean anything negative, but I want to make sure there isn't hard feelings between you and myself or rF (which I read you don't seem that way).

PM heading your way. Again, sorry if there is something we could do to prevent it.
Dennisfjeldberg
Team: EVP

Post by Dennisfjeldberg »

Checkerz and all guys who is involed in this track have done a sutch a good job. off all the tracks so far this national i have struggeled
but i`m feel more free on this track! thanks guys for sutch a amazing track.
-Fjeldberg
giopanda
Team: Privateer

Post by giopanda »

warrior462 wrote:The track came out pretty good, BUT...

i'm very sorry to read this..and disappointed nonetheless..
i thought you know me and how much i struggled against ripping and all that sort of stuff..and people around here knows how much.
i don't want to send you a pm, i don' have anything to hide and since you brought this up publicly, publicly i will reply.
technically there's nothing ripped in my track, because as i told you already (the first time you accused me of ripping) there's nothing left of your track in mine, and anyone can see that.
you're right i told you i wanted to make some changes, mostly visuals, but not only visuals.
right at the beginning i had to make some major changes in the track layout because it wasn't matching the satellite imagery, and after that i got caught and watched last year's race like 10 times and noticed a lot of differences between your replica and the real track.
i started working on the details and i got your first pm accusing me of ripping after i posted some screenshots..
after that i send you a beta and you were excited about how the track looked.
so me and checkerz went on and worked on all the small details you pointed, following the pics you took at the race and your suggestions about environment and such..
then i got your pm two weeks ago saying that you were very disappointed.. i replied "about what".
never had and answer.
i'm sorry i didn't send you the final release, but in the last four months i've been very busy with my job, working from 15 to 18 hours a day to meet deadlines, that's why it took me months to do something i could have done in two weeks.
so time was running out, release date was close so i sent it to checkerz for final fixes and asked him to release, because i was leaving for holidays.
so that being said, all i can feel sorry for is not sending you the final version of a track that actually you already approved time ago, and accusing me of ripping is absolutely too much.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Don't know how you could accuse someone of ripping when no aspect of your product is recognisable in theirs. JLV might as well accuse me of ripping his bikes, because I used his model as a reference for pivot points...
Prada

Post by Prada »

He stated he used your layout as a base...but the track itself seems totally different. Why would he even need your approval of something he created?
dboivin
Team: Privateer

Post by dboivin »

anyone else keep hitting an invisible edge or something while entering the sweeper that leads to the back right corner? its kinda right after the 4 rutted whoops/table combo....you have a slight bend to the right going to the back corner. Entering into that bend there is something that puts me flat on my face and i can't see it.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

To be fair to Warrior, this isn't coming out of the blue, it was clear from the beginning that he only would allow us to use his as a base if we included him in the beta process and listened to his thoughts on the track throughout. He wanted to be part of the process of making the track, and somewhere in there was left out. Welcome to my world warrior, I get the tracks after they are already released as well! lol I've learned to just be happy that they finished in time for the race!!! That being said sorry that happened, next time we will make sure to use our own base to avoid this situation in the future, as it is often hard to communicate between all the people we have working on these things (not to mention different timezones, sleeping habits, work schedules, etc)
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

does this mean i can use redbud as a base and do what id like with it? :D
not trying to be a smart ass here (for once :o ) i just really want to edit it, badly. such a good starting point. and it would probably take a long time anyways, as i now have another project that will have a deadline.

btw, on topic, i like both versions of unadilla. which is weird because they are totally different. based on lap times, im guessing warriors was just over scaled?
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

barrington314 wrote:does this mean i can use redbud as a base and do what id like with it? :D
not trying to be a smart ass here (for once :o ) i just really want to edit it, badly. such a good starting point. and it would probably take a long time anyways, as i now have another project that will have a deadline.

btw, on topic, i like both versions of unadilla. which is weird because they are totally different. based on lap times, im guessing warriors was just over scaled?
Well that really depends... Are you going to change it 95% or just 3%. BTW, it isn't my call to make, but Gio's.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

checkerz wrote:
barrington314 wrote:does this mean i can use redbud as a base and do what id like with it? :D

Well that really depends... Are you going to change it 95% or just 3%. BTW, it isn't my call to make, but Gio's.
good point good point. no, gio's base is amazing. wouldnt want to mess with that. my idea was to make a more ride able/fun version of whats already there, and an early jump on the new layout for next years race. but ive PMd gio about it. no reply. but its noted that hes very busy. probably doesnt have time to deal with PMs like that.