2014 MotoOption Supercross Rd 7 - Arlington

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Re: 2014 MotoOption Supercross Rd 7 - Arlington

Post by Scotty226 »

track is awesome!!! kinda feels like im ridin on a highway though
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
Barely25
Team: Flowtech Racing

Post by Barely25 »

Love the track. Whoops seem like JLVs? Idk, but i love them. Great job rF!
honda708

Post by honda708 »

Track seems a little over scaled to me? Could just be me though.
2020 MotoOption Supercross Round 4 Glendale EU 450 Main Champ
2020 MotoOption Supercross 250 East Red Plate Holder 2/26/20 - 3/4/20
Officially pointed out of 250sx class in 2021.
m121c

Post by m121c »

barrington314 wrote:JLV used this traction on every single track for at least 3 years. You guys should be use to it by now.
First off, thanks for yet again another sick track! Appreciate it!

My feedback on the traction:

No matter how good your track rides the traction can make or break it. I feel jlv's traction just doesn't work right, it doesn't make things competitive, I'm more worried about doing 720 on landings and sliding out than I am of charging things. Plus, what I don't get is if it's going to be slippery you think the start would be slippery also right? Wrong, you just backflip. I also think it free rolls to much and doesn't provide a real resistance feeling of dirt. Ya I agree, the mains get really hard pack in real life, but like I said before I think there needs to be a nice line between fun and realism. Ya it might be slick in real life but they also have prototype tires, a lot more muscles for control than our rider model, etc etc.

I don't know, I've never liked this traction from the start and I don't really understand why this is one thing that hasn't been atleast changed or tested other than Oakland. Mostly everyone loved Oaklands traction and many people hate this traction, is there reasoning behind using jlv's traction?

My way of fixing it would be, increasing the friction a little and increasing the roll resistance. As you pick up speed I feel the friction should increase a bit, which will reduce the whole 720 effect on the landings of the triples and finish lines.

Other than that I really enjoy this track and the stadium, good job! Traction is one of my pet peeves, and can really bring down a truly awesome track imo.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

I get what you are saying Mason. Im just simply stating that after 3 years of no one really saying much about it now all the sudden lots of complaining about it week in and week out. I personally still feel like alot of the bike spinning on flat landings is because the bottom center collision sphere of the frame is too large. But thats just a theory at this point. I dont actually know.
Hopefully we can get something better for next week. Atlantas dirt is far different than the others IMO.
YzJarne_196

Post by YzJarne_196 »

Same like all tracks this year so far, I feel like the berms are too flat. Other than that great track!
Eric/BigSexy165
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Eric/BigSexy165 »

Yay Arlington! Thanks for release :D
jlv wrote:It's OK. I think he's Australian.
jasper125

Post by jasper125 »

Why dont the 2014 sx tracks work on mxs version 1.8?
ryanmx25

Post by ryanmx25 »

There's an update with gates or something, why not just update it? Once again getting better every week thanks barrington and everyone !
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

I had nothing to do with this weeks. But youre welcome. :)
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Im just gonna write an honest review. yolo.

I think this track is terrible. Bottom line, not fun. Its not really the tracks fault, because the track maker did an amazing job on jump shapes, triples feel good, i love the way they rounded the inside in 2nd corner after finish to allow bouncing off the 5 onto the table, while keeping the outside a big lip to jump off of. Good track building. What i dont understand is the need to go back to a GIGANTIC ridiculous scale.... its fucked. its like a remake of Oakland... and idk why anyone would want that to happen again. Idk why the scale changed back, and why it needs to be different than the other 5 normal rounds weve had, but it did. And the oversize scaled makes jumps huge, rhythms are WAY too long, insane jumps are possible (like triple qauding onto the 2nd table in the first rhythm). When on most tracks i never get higher than 3rd gear this track im easily in 4th and 5th gear in almost every rhythm. Its ridiculous. Whoever said it rides like a highway put it perfectly, way too fast, pretty boring, and not much to really seperate riders, last weeks rhythms like every other round besides oakland were technical, had challenge, and had less than 45 or 50 feet in between the jumps. (i just measured two jumps and thats how far apart they were in the rhythms, theyre way too wide open. Anyways. I think that the traction feeling extra slipper even though its the same ol JLV traction is probably because the fact that were going twice as fast around the track, and entering corners twice as fast.

Also, The split section, execution of the inside bumps is great, but the scale once again is not. On san diego the split section felt EXACTLY how it should, The splits were skinny, technical, and just over half of the normal track width, pretty much divided in two. Perfect. exactly how they are in real life. on this track, each split is almost as wide as the track itself... The rhythm lane before it is 32 feet wide... the split section after it? 59 feet wide... the outside being 30 feet wide. ALMOST THE SAME WIDTH as the section itself before, not only do i think thise makes the outside way unusable because its also going around the inside lane which is 29 feet wide... about the same size, if it was half of the track it would be a little more usable because the route youre taking to the next rhythm isnt twice as long. And sadly this length isnt balanced out by the inside rollers. i could understand making it slightly wider to accommodate people coming into it, and the fact that it looks slightly bigger than the others on the map, but i still thing this huge scale is terrible.

Once again track team, great job on the displacement as far as jumps go, new stadium and textures look beautiful along with statues (except for the fact that the hideous new extra large rectangle bales are making an appearance and ive never seen them in real life and dont know why theyre on the track). i just hope we can return to whats been "normal" for 5 of the 7 rounds so far, and leave this ridiculous scale in the past. (also tracks not too wide width is the same, but why is it stretched so much?)

ugh.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

I would love to see Oakland's scale again, and I'm sure a lot of people would love it. Oakland was the most fun track of the year IMO.
LOGANYZ125

Post by LOGANYZ125 »

bdownen323 wrote:I would love to see Oakland's scale again, and I'm sure a lot of people would love it. Oakland was the most fun track of the year IMO.
agreed!
JT43 wrote:"Y'all cowards don't even smoke crack..."
bc45

Post by bc45 »

barrington314 wrote:I get what you are saying Mason. Im just simply stating that after 3 years of no one really saying much about it now all the sudden lots of complaining about it week in and week out. I personally still feel like alot of the bike spinning on flat landings is because the bottom center collision sphere of the frame is too large. But thats just a theory at this point. I dont actually know.
Hopefully we can get something better for next week. Atlantas dirt is far different than the others IMO.
Love the track! And the Stadium looks amazing! But by saying this, are you meaning tackier?
| 2nd overall in 2013 Loretta Lynn's 125 and 250 B |8th in 2014 250 West Coast Phoenix Main Event
http://roostmx.net/

Facebook @baileycroommusic

Instagram @baileycroommusic

YouTube @baileycroommusic
Lo2Rider
Team: Privateer

Post by Lo2Rider »

This track is the total opposite of the two previous one IMO. As i liked the two before, therefore I don't like this one.
As it has been said, kinda feel like i'm riding an highway.

Traction is slick, yes, but without this the track would not be challenging at all so I believe it´s a good thing.