2016 Sandy Valley MX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Johnny_McClorey_95
Team: Privateer

2016 Sandy Valley MX

Post by Johnny_McClorey_95 »

2016 Sandy Valley MX Track

Couldn't really be bothered with finishing this track so here it is, if anyone wants to finish it off (add trees, spectators and other statues) then go ahead but all I ask is that you give me credit as the original creator. This is one of my first tracks and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I do realise the track is quite wide and the decals aren't great but I hope to improve upon this on my tracks for the future! Enjoy!

CREDITS
Twistmoto for the blank track
Haggqvist for objects and decals from his GP tracks
Wahlamt for his tutorial videos on Youtube
JLV for creating this game
The Lord Jesus Christ for keeping us all safe
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: 2016 Sandy Valley MX

Post by Wahlamt »

Pretty cool track! However I do have some things to say about different things ;)

First off, overall good. I do wish you had spent the time finishing it off with billboards, statues etc. The pit lane looks great and I do like you have ontrack, offtrack and grass decals. Bales and track markers are good too!

The track size is a little off to me. It felt like it was built on a 450 (?) as most things are very long and you almost have to have a 450 unless you want to pin it really hard, just to get over. 125 is even harder ;) Sand IMO, coming from Sweden, I see as soft and with very good traction. The traction here is nice, got to give you that! It's not just a "little more roll resistance with ice friction" thing as many seem to do. However some ruts and breaking bumps are really stiff and hard when you ride them. Getting a good feeling of it can be a real pain, but if you look at the image, the ruts have almost a sharp edge, which is very weird for sand. They might have it in real life, but they also break upon hitting the soft edges too, unlike in sim where you have to build that feeling into the rut. Having a trackmap is a super sweet addition too. I hate having none or make a map! I'm looking forward to future tracks from you, as you seem to be willing to put time and effort into them :)

Johnny_McClorey_95
Team: Privateer

Re: 2016 Sandy Valley MX

Post by Johnny_McClorey_95 »

Wahlamt wrote:The track size is a little off to me. It felt like it was built on a 450
Damn you know your stuff lol, yea I should have taken into consideration the smaller bikes when building this track. Thanks for all the advice I'll be sure to use those tips on my future tracks and thanks for the compliments too bro!