2018 MXSEMF.com Supercross Rd 17 - Las Vegas

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Re: 2018 MXSEMF.com Supercross Rd 08 - Tampa

Post by Jeremy150 »

You guys should keep Wilson around.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Rush wrote: all of the faces are screwed up and the whole track feels like im riding in deep mud
Spencer thinks the whole track traction is different too. You guys are head cases and being mind fucked by the layout or the textures or something. The main traction has not changed on any track since at least A1 2017.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Jeremy150 wrote:You guys should keep Wilson around.
Yeah, he's a beast! I think a huge shoutout has to go to Hunter Root too, as he was the one that supplied the scanned decals.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Rush wrote:
Trevor#91 wrote:
Rush wrote:im not even trying to roast or be a dick but my god this is the worst track ive ever played
can u explain a bit? its not perfect but seems good for the most part
all of the faces are screwed up and the whole track feels like im riding in deep mud
Bummer you don't like it. I'm not offended or upset even though your explanation initially was being a dick even though you said you weren't. :lol:

A majority of the jumps are exactly the same as Stephen has been using on the west rounds and exactly the same as were used on last week's track. For 2018 I had Stephen give me his jumps to keep things consistent.

There are 3 sand sections on the track which have different traction. That is the design we were given. The rest is the same traction we've been using for quite awhile.

Hopefully you'll like next week better.
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

Only 2 things I think coulda been better Chris is I wish the sand rhythm would have eroded more and the big ride365 bales shouldn't have been before/after the bridge. Other than that I thought the track rode pretty good.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Lnxa wrote:Only 2 things I think coulda been better Chris is I wish the sand rhythm would have eroded more and the big ride365 bales shouldn't have been before/after the bridge. Other than that I thought the track rode pretty good.
That's on me. Not Chris. Just fyi.

Here's the thing. 1 week everyone complains in chat that erode is too high and its a survival race. Then we get here and I make it so that the sand section isnt a survival section and now people want it eroding more. :lol:

The big ride365 bales should be before and after the bridge. They did exactly what they were meant to do. Stop people from cutting the corner. I'm not sure why 30 feet of track isn't enough that you also need bales that you can ride through. You guys are the best of the best. Stop running into them. When I play I don't have issues with it. If I do hit one, I know that's my fault for not staying within the track boundaries.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

barrington314 wrote:
Lnxa wrote:Only 2 things I think coulda been better Chris is I wish the sand rhythm would have eroded more and the big ride365 bales shouldn't have been before/after the bridge. Other than that I thought the track rode pretty good.
The big ride365 bales should be before and after the bridge. They did exactly what they were meant to do. Stop people from cutting the corner. I'm not sure why 30 feet of track isn't enough that you also need bales that you can ride through. You guys are the best of the best. Stop running into them. When I play I don't have issues with it. If I do hit one, I know that's my fault for not staying within the track boundaries.
The bales are so inconsistent. I’ve been inches away from it and never had any problems but I’ve also been a foot away from it and gotten a dumb falloff. I personally have never liked those bales but that’s just my opinion.
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by Lnxa »

barrington314 wrote:
That's on me. Not Chris. Just fyi.

Here's the thing. 1 week everyone complains in chat that erode is too high and its a survival race. Then we get here and I make it so that the sand section isnt a survival section and now people want it eroding more.
The only round so far thats been a survival race was round 1, Round 2 was rough but I think the layout made it easy ride erode. Every other round so far has been super smooth in the races, I thought the track eroded good last night anyways though.
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Rush wrote: The bales are so inconsistent. I’ve been inches away from it and never had any problems but I’ve also been a foot away from it and gotten a dumb falloff. I personally have never liked those bales but that’s just my opinion.
I don't know how you mean. I'm not sure how that is possible when it's the same shp file. Maybe it's because the bike has many different collisions on it, so that's where it seems inconsistent. IDK. Are you sure you aren't thinking of when they had soft collisions on them? That's why I changed it because I thought THOSE were super inconsistent. I could brush my elbow on it and it would rip me off the bike. With these solid ones, I just get stopped or stood up.
Who is Rush anyway?
Rush
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Rush »

barrington314 wrote: I don't know how you mean. I'm not sure how that is possible when it's the same shp file. Maybe it's because the bike has many different collisions on it, so that's where it seems inconsistent. IDK. Are you sure you aren't thinking of when they had soft collisions on them? That's why I changed it because I thought THOSE were super inconsistent. I could brush my elbow on it and it would rip me off the bike. With these solid ones, I just get stopped or stood up.
Who is Legendary gary anyway?
To me it seems like anytime I get near those things wether it’s hard or soft I legs off. Might just be me though.
And it seems like you already know who I am legendary gary
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

I feel like the track rode pretty well tonight, but could we make the sand erode faster? At the end of the race the flat sand turns were super nice but it would be cool if it started building up much quicker. IRL it doesn't take too long for lines to develop in sand. Was also expecting the sand rythem to get really rough but surprised it didn't.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

I watched the race back and definitely didn't look like the sand rhythm got any more gnarly that most tracks without sand. I think it is likely better that Stephen and crew chose to stay on the safe side there versus having a couple endurocross sections by the end of the main... though that's what I would've loved as a spectator and not a racer going for a title haha.

But, I see you guys aren't against something a good bit gnarlier so I hope that gives him the green light to up things a notch or three for Daytona.

Maybe it is because I'm not around as much, but I appreciate the improved tone in general towards tracks this year.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Rush »

Daytona is probably gonna be the only other 450 round I run so let’s make it gnarly chex
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

checkerz wrote:I watched the race back and definitely didn't look like the sand rhythm got any more gnarly that most tracks without sand. I think it is likely better that Stephen and crew chose to stay on the safe side there versus having a couple endurocross sections by the end of the main... though that's what I would've loved as a spectator and not a racer going for a title haha.

But, I see you guys aren't against something a good bit gnarlier so I hope that gives him the green light to up things a notch or three for Daytona.

Maybe it is because I'm not around as much, but I appreciate the improved tone in general towards tracks this year.
i think the improved tone might be due to the fact that rF stepped down..kinda makes it feel like there was/is a chance that we might not have these tracks to race in the future, I think the biggest factor when realizing what you are asking for in erode is that, main events are the test..if erode is a little high..its just a nightmare for the racers..then you have people bitching about it. In reality..when they are messing with these settings..its a bit of an educated guess..

thank the lord we have chex and barrington working on these tracks..any complaints i have had about these tracks are all due to design..not the build itself.
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

barrington314 wrote:Who is Rush anyway?
I think he's a kid who plays sim, and often flies by night away from here.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.