2015 MotoSport rF National Round 5: High Point

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Re: 2015 MotoSport rF National Round 5: High Point

Post by AWood »

checkerz wrote:
Looks like your track making career.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Meanwhile Awood's track making career...
AWood

Post by AWood »

Now that was hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But forreal, the timing gates are really bad. You can see here, this is just putting around the track, and not taking the fastest cheater lines, or the 5th wide quad into the canyon thats also easier because of a low line on the right side caused by gates. There was just no thought put into the gates, hardly any on bales/spongebobs(nonexistent), way too far over the edges, etc. I ran a 1:54 on the track, but a 1:49 in singleplayer on a fast lap using cheater lines, you shouldnt be able to gain 5 seconds solely because timing gates are fucked. The biggest ones are probably the ones going into the canyon and before the last uphill roller section.

Im not trying to be a pain anymore about the gates after this, and really i dont understand how anyone in the world could have a response after watching the video defending the gates at all.

But to say this:
Mxs Racer 303 wrote:i went back and i did not see one messed up timing gate its not cool to try to fight if your information is wrong get your facts right please before you go and try to bag on the people
I can't tell if youre ignorant or really went back and didnt see "ONE" messed up gate. lol
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
jeremy103
Team: MCD Honda

Post by jeremy103 »

Made one mistake and you just feed off of it. They were rushing to get the track out so you wouldn't cry, but you still do. They were on 3 hours of sleep and made one mistake...
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

awood, you continue bitching a week after the track is released? Whats the point? Quit embarrassing yourself.
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

At least this time he came with some good evidence. He could have been more polite and shown more of a professional manner, but that doesn't change the fact that he is pointing out some major flaws to this track that will improve racing in the future.
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

I would also like to add that I'm not trying to single you out Awood. I think that this whole argument, including the people in it, has been treated very poorly and not in a professional manner. I would have expected much more from people of such high reputation.
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

I agree Liam, the track is not perfect, it has flaws, but that doesnt mean it cant and wont be fixed for next year. Points have been made, but poorly and contributed to the discouragment of continuing to make tracks and the process that comes with them. As Wheels has said before, we need people contributing, not bitching. Awood can sit here and defend his ideals but that does jack shit. I will use myself as an example, after SX, I made multiple claims that the outdoor nationals NEEDED new decals. I continued on with this, bitching on the forums but was reminded that these tracks comes free at the exspense of the creators time and that if I wanted them done, I would have to do them myself. And so far thats what I've done, learning along the way of course but I feel that im doing a decent job. If awood has such a problem with the track, he should just change it himself and present his product, rather than causing alot of unnecessary drama that the creators dont need. At the end of the day, we all just want cool stuff so why not contribute? I guess its a maturity thing.
AWood

Post by AWood »

Then ill place statues (straight), and timing gates, and billboards on every track if you want?
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

AWood wrote:Then ill place statues (straight), and timing gates, and billboards on every track if you want?
Im not going to deny service. You think something needs improvement that you can improve, no one is going to stop you. Especially timing gates, statues and billboards.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

760Liam wrote:I would also like to add that I'm not trying to single you out Awood. I think that this whole argument, including the people in it, has been treated very poorly and not in a professional manner. I would have expected much more from people of such high reputation.
Can you please go back and read just my posts and explain where I did not remain professional and answer the questions and concerns at hand? Please do not take what others are saying as my words.

With the exception of this, which even AWood said was funny I don't know what you could be referring to.
checkerz wrote:Meanwhile Awood's track making career...
AWood

Post by AWood »

Racers52 wrote:
AWood wrote:Then ill place statues (straight), and timing gates, and billboards on every track if you want?
Im not going to deny service. You think something needs improvement that you can improve, no one is going to stop you. Especially timing gates, statues and billboards.
then you know where ill be, anyone can always PM me, message on skype, or email. Im not going to randomly appear in ts the moment the track is being worked on. That's not organized.
jeremy103
Team: MCD Honda

Post by jeremy103 »

Highly doubt anyone wants to work with you. Your attitude towards everything is very negative. You could of made changes to high point and sent them in. You don't need permission to "fix" things.
m121c

Post by m121c »

Just watched you video wood licker... are you joking? I hope your joking.

So whats your suggestion? Tighter gates? More gates? Ah well you see then you run into the real problems... people running too tight, losing laps, and resulting large cut penalties. The only problem I see from your video is the rider himself, why would one even check out the timing gates if they weren't losing laps? If you rode within the yellow stakes LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO then it would be fine. You are basically whining because your home boy didn't make this track.

Maybe jlv should make it that track creators can hide their timing gates somehow when they release a track? Avoid some of these issues.
AWood

Post by AWood »

m121c wrote:Just watched you video wood licker... are you joking? I hope your joking.

So whats your suggestion? Tighter gates? More gates? Ah well you see then you run into the real problems... people running too tight, losing laps, and resulting large cut penalties. The only problem I see from your video is the rider himself, why would one even check out the timing gates if they weren't losing laps? If you rode within the yellow stakes LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO then it would be fine. You are basically whining because your home boy didn't make this track.

Maybe jlv should make it that track creators can hide their timing gates somehow when they release a track? Avoid some of these issues.
I had this idea forever, never had to do it because normally you know when youre getting cuts. I did it on this one because when you have 1 gate in the corner, 1 gate on the triple, and one on the dropoff into the canyon, with no visible bales or anything on the track to know where the gates are, you could easily cut on accident, and with 2 close gates that could mean missing a lap without knowing it.

Want me to do this on a track with good gates, that i didnt create? or a track where i personally placed all the bales, spongebobs and timing gates? This has nothing to do with barrington or cutting youre just an ignorant fuck bringing that up trying to make a very valid point i brought up unimportant.

My suggestion is CORRECT gates, I feel like you've never made a track, or placed timing gates. I don't cut, or give a fuck about cutting, the thing is hundreds of people are playing these tracks, qualifying, and racing. They need to be correct.

If you think tighter and more gates are going to cause problems please go look at old National tracks and supercross tracks. And the problem is, if you ride within the yellow stakes that are placed crooked, and the bales placed unevenly. you never know where timing gates are.