Staydown's Sx

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
staydown
Team: Building Tracks Only

Re: Staydown's Sx

Post by staydown »

117 downloads in 8 hours, and no scores yet? Go rank this over on puremxs.com for me guys!!!!!!!!
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

Very nice track.Can't wait 'till it's on a server. :mrgreen:
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

I really enjoyed this track. As others have said, its one of the best sx tracks made so far, right up there with houston and the few others.

The jumps were great. Each section has multiple lines, something all SX tracks should have. The jumps are realistically sized and the whoops are great.

Some of the berms were a little weird. They are difficult to square up as sometimes the rider will just fall over/wash out. I'd saw make them a bit more bowled out like the berms on houston.

As far as the atmosphere goes, the textures were good and the object placement was great (love the scoreboard and stadium).

9/10 in my book. Should be put on the 19803 supercross server. 8)

I've done a 1:00.9 and mittocs did a 1:00.0. Someone will break 1 minute for sure.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Is anyone else having problems getting on PureMXS?
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Thanks to some love from DJ I got the track. :)

My review pretty much echos what has been said here so far.

Few small things.

The large jump on jump off tabletop = LAME!
You need to build ramps into your whoops so you don't jump into them then try to bounce through them.
I don't agree with the spine right before the finish. All that does is make you jump over the finish line double's face if you want a good lap time...

Just my thoughts. :)
fabmx1

Post by fabmx1 »

I do 1.06...I need to practice more! 1.00 ? Insane for me... :lol:
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

My best is a 1:02, as shown in this demo. It gets a bit messy in some parts :lol:

Anyone been able to triple-quad the first section? I sorta did in this demo, just cased it slightly.

Also, does anyone else find this track somewhat slippery? Its strange, because the friction is the same as 90% of the other tracks
Attachments
fastlap - sd.7z
Braap
(222.27 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
fabmx1

Post by fabmx1 »

I just do 1.03.1! The start in time trial mode is difficult! The first long turn before the section 3/3/1 is very slippery! For the quad, i try but never do...
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

In time trial mode, I move the 2nd last timing gate forward a touch, so you start on the downramp of that jump. Do not save the track though.
staydown

Post by staydown »

will a moderator please delete last post, I had multiple windows up and I thought I was pm'ing someone
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Rode a few laps and here are my thoughts.

First, jump shapes are great! Not too steep to cause front end dropping or similar weird behavior. Atmosphere is topnotch, great object placing and liking that skybox. Original and fun dispmap.

Buut, I'm gonna have to say it ain't all that great for few particular reasons. First, it's way too slippery, feels like I'm riding in snow without spike tires, but then again, so is the majority of released tracks in my opinion, second issue is with those whoops. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I rarely manage to skim them without falling at least once or twice. Third, and the absolute deal breaker is that in several straights if I crash the bike starts to point in the wrong direction when rising up, couple this with my inability to ride good it just takes the fun away and replaces it with frustration. Which is sad 'cause the track seems like it would be an absolute blast if I could ride it properly. :(
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
staydown

Post by staydown »

Like DJ said b4, my traction is set to what 90% of the other tracks are set at. I don't seem to have a prob with the traction, but it's my track and I know the best way to attack it. I guess throttle control is the key. With the people washing out in the corners, you have to admit they are pretty much set on a realistic scale. I didn't want to make them high bowl corners because that would increase speed and make it less realistic. And as for the whoops........., as stated b4, I tend to ride this track in manual shift mode. I ride the whole track in 2nd and shift up to 3rd in the whoops and rip right through them. I would post a lap time, but since people starting posting their times, I haven't been able to put down a solid lap.
LuKe
Team: Privateer

Post by LuKe »

my best a 1:01:3 and i tryed the first rythm section at triple then quad and just come up short a bit
superb track, cant find a fault
and i think this is better than houstan, more fun anyways :wink:
MOTO94

Post by MOTO94 »

My best is a 1:02, as shown in this demo. It gets a bit messy in some parts

Anyone been able to triple-quad the first section? I sorta did in this demo, just cased it slightly.

Also, does anyone else find this track somewhat slippery? Its strange, because the friction is the same as 90% of the other tracksAttachments
fastlap - sd.7z
Braap
(222.27 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

How do i watch this?
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

its a really good sx track, thats not to hard but not to easy. we must have ran 50-70 laps last night out on with all of us on xfire. looking forward to your next track.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/