2015 Motosport rF National Round 11: Utah

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Re: 2015 Motosport rF National Round 11: Utah

Post by Ohagan75 »

ConnerPeavy wrote:track is sick, only think i don't like is how jagged all the bumps on the track are, with how high speed the track is, it is so easy to swap out on with those bumps, but overall i love the jumps and layout, just not a fan of the bumps, Thanks Kyle for the track.
Couldn't have said it better. The ruts after the whoop section and the ones before the hip double thing before the finish get me mad almost every lap.
Donate if you like My Creations
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

Thank you everyone for the positive comments! Thank you Barrington for giving me this opportunity! And for the track being given out early, I only gave it to one person and that one person will no longer have any of my unreleased stuff. I thought i could trust him but obviously I couldn't. I should have just kept it to Barrington and I because it is a rF round, but shit happens and I guarantee you guys this won't happen again if I get asked to make another rF supercross or motocross round for 2016!!
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
Burkeen820
Team: Privateer

Post by Burkeen820 »

You pussies need to quit stressing out about people having the track a little bit early!! You gotta respect the fact that 137 needs people to beta for second opinions, and he clearly thought the people were trustworthy. The good guys will still be good and the bad guys might be a tad bit better so it's not really gonna affect anything. And considering I saw the beta, the track wasn't even the same as the release so you guys can give it a rest. Back on the subject of the track, 137 I think the track is fun but you got screwed over by the layout because this shit is wide open everywhere lol. I really wasn't a huge fan of your Loretta's track just because of how jagged everything was but this track is a big improvement from that one and Mill Creek. Don't stress about all the bitching about the track getting leaked, you did a good job with not much to work with! Hopefully it races good 8)
Me: "Hoffman your line choice sucks..."
Hoffman: "Bro, you act like my lines are choices!"

The truth about awood http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... agic+awood
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
mikehunt22

Post by mikehunt22 »

track is really fun. the only thing ive got beef with is the bumps. i went into the editor and put a very light smooth tool over the whole track, and it made a big inprovement.
Although at other rounds, i notice the bumps are spread further apart, which allowed them to be bigger, bu still there and not send you like a ragdoll down the track.
Anchor_b
Team: Splitfire

Post by Anchor_b »

I don't think most people really cares that some people get more time on the track, it's more like in their minds it isn't ethical that it is "unfair". Anyways the track will most likely get spread anyways, can't help it. As far as I see Kyle did nothing wrong and Burkeen got a pretty solid point. The good will be good and the bad will be bad.
tommx456

Post by tommx456 »

track is sick!
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

It's a shame you weren't made aware of the channels that were created in order to get the track tested and feedback in a trusthworthy environment like we have been able to do with nearly every rF replica for the past 2 or so years. If you end up working on another project, please let me know and I will make them available to you. As the person who has normally been the one overseeing the track creation for rF, it wasn't until last weekend that I even knew this was happening. I apologize for not being more on top of it.

I think you did a much better job than Lorettas and I appreciate having a new track and the effort put in.

A few things that I noticed that may help in the future - try them for yourself and decide is what I'd suggest.
- the faster the track/section the further and more rounded the bumps need to be. This allows the suspension to work better and the rider to actually have some control over what happens when they hit the bumps. It really helps get rid of the WTF moments.

- In order to prevent inside lines from being dominant causing 1 lined turns, using a combination of these methods usually helps:
=Start the ruts later the further inside you go. This allows riders to flow from the inside out into a further out line, also it requires you to slow down/setup more to drop into an inside before getting on the throttle.
=Smoother the further out you go. More roughness on the inside lines to make you slow down more while allowing you to carry more speed to outside.
= Smaller insides + larger outsides. As you go outside the ruts get larger allowing you to carry more speed and have to be less precise. In real life, insides often get "blown out" because they are too deep, this doesn't work in MXS and actually the deeper the rut the faster you can go in most situations
= jagged ruts suck. If your bike is hopping and sounds like a 1970s lawn mower leaving a rut, it needs smoothed a bit. You shouldn't see the terrain poly triangles or your rut will ride like shit. A very slight tap with the blur tool that won't change the terrain feel will fix this. In fact, I can about guarantee one trip into PS and a quick very low gaussian blur would drastically improve the track without changing anything else at all and those that loved the track would still love it too.

Hopefully some of those things help you keep going forward. Your stuff already looks great and you clearly have all the talent in the world to make a great track as many already love this, so hopefully this will help make great even greater.

Thanks again for the hardwork Kyle.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

checkerz wrote:It's a shame you weren't made aware of the channels that were created in order to get the track tested and feedback in a trusthworthy environment like we have been able to do with nearly every rF replica for the past 2 or so years. If you end up working on another project, please let me know and I will make them available to you. As the person who has normally been the one overseeing the track creation for rF, it wasn't until last weekend that I even knew this was happening. I apologize for not being more on top of it.
I can agree with your feedback but please tell me more about this trustworthy environment and the overseeing of track creation. IDK how true it is but I had heard that the beta of Millville got posted on the forums because you sold, or rather "received donations" for an early beta. If thats true, thats hardly a trustworthy environment IMO.
Oh and maybe you overlooked the big ass picture of Miller in the secret forum dated June 25th. But you posted right below it after Peter. Had you seen that you would have known before last weekend that Kyle was doing this track.
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Amazing track, just like veryone says: bumps are not really my thing. But thank you for the hard work !
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

barrington314 wrote:
checkerz wrote:It's a shame you weren't made aware of the channels that were created in order to get the track tested and feedback in a trusthworthy environment like we have been able to do with nearly every rF replica for the past 2 or so years. If you end up working on another project, please let me know and I will make them available to you. As the person who has normally been the one overseeing the track creation for rF, it wasn't until last weekend that I even knew this was happening. I apologize for not being more on top of it.
I can agree with your feedback but please tell me more about this trustworthy environment and the overseeing of track creation. IDK how true it is but I had heard that the beta of Millville got posted on the forums because you sold, or rather "received donations" for an early beta. If thats true, thats hardly a trustworthy environment IMO.
Oh and maybe you overlooked the big ass picture of Miller in the secret forum dated June 25th. But you posted right below it after Peter. Had you seen that you would have known before last weekend that Kyle was doing this track.
That millville link was a troll by someone first off. It was just the 2014 version I believe, I didn't download but it wasn't the 2015 track.

Second off, about 2 hours before the track was released, people had donated (without any mention of a beta) and I gave them the track at that point.

Third off, I guess I should've added Kyle to the forum at that point, I really don't recall knowing before the weekend but hey, perhaps I was wrong, which I apologized for either way for not telling him sooner. And I clearly put all the blame on myself already so why exactly are you trying to remind me of that?

[quote="checkerz"] I apologize for not being more on top of it.[/quote]
mikehunt22

Post by mikehunt22 »

in the secret forum
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Donated to you or donated to RF. seems pretty shitty to only have a link to a personal donation rather than to rF for the series tracks. And last I knew safe beta environment was 1 -3 helping people not a bunch of fast kids to get opinions on the track. There had to have been over 50 people with Utah early. And easily over 10 for multiple rounds this season. There's about 20 top guys who just want to give a little bit of feedback just to ride the track early.

I wonder how pissed SMR would be if he made donation money off of 15 (?) super cross tracks and he didn't get a cut of it because it was donated personally and not to rf. I can understand if you didn't give anyone a cut if you did every piece of work on Millville yourself. Did you do decals and statues and package the track?

Omg AWood protecting Barrington, no the whole track creating has been so fucked this year. I don't care that this weeks track blows donkey dick it's the fact of how they're created.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

AWood wrote:Donated to you or donated to RF. seems pretty shitty to only have a link to a personal donation rather than to rF for the series tracks.
I was trying to find the post, but gave up, but checkerz did say in a post (during all the pay to race conversation I believe) that any donations he's received for rF tracks have been distributed as evenly as possible to all the helpers
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

mxsrider96 wrote:
AWood wrote:Donated to you or donated to RF. seems pretty shitty to only have a link to a personal donation rather than to rF for the series tracks.
I was trying to find the post, but gave up, but checkerz did say in a post (during all the pay to race conversation I believe) that any donations he's received for rF tracks have been distributed as evenly as possible to all the helpers
Somehow I believe that statement as much as the trustworthy environment one. Just because he said it doesn't mean it's true.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th