2014 MotoSport rF National Round 3: Thunder Valley

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Barely25
Team: Flowtech Racing

Re: 2014 MotoSport rF National Round 3: Thunder Valley

Post by Barely25 »

I'm really going to go into detail on this one...Best Lakewood Ever. That is all. Commence bitching :D
tacomcdolphin
Team: Privateer

Post by tacomcdolphin »

HondaRider746 wrote:I dont mind the large breaking bumps, its just the massive bumps in the corners. those tend to kill the flow and momentum imo, i feel like if some of those corners were touched up the track would be prime.
crashreallyfast
Team: TwistMoto

Post by crashreallyfast »

checkerz wrote:
crashreallyfast wrote:Being from colorado, and riding at thunder valley many times. Should have used the 2012 layout, this layout does a fucking terrible job of replicating the track, and honestly it is kind of insulting to call it thunder valley. The changes you made though were good. but still not a fan of this being considered the Colorado national track in MX sim
Funny and interesting you mention this. I'm curious as to where it's so different as I honestly am not sure.

This one SHOULD be more accurate, as I also built the 2012 one and that was built from a track path outline and terrain was all handpainted with no height data... just guesses. This one was built over a google maps image with height data.

I chose to update this one because of that and also the scale of the 2012 one would have been hard to make proper as I had made that track REALLY wide.

As for the bumps, it's honestly personal preference on choosing fun factor over realism. The small bumps are hard to make visible and cause some weirdness with the physics IMO. Building them bigger allows me to round them out a bit more and give the player a bit more control. I won't try and change your opinion, but it isn't something I'd change if I were to do it over again either. The goal was fun factor and race-ability, realism was third on the list.

Anyone have some positive feedback to share? I'm getting a bit bummed. :(
Not trying to just push negative feedback about the track. All in all it is a huge improvement over 2013. However, The small bumps at thunder valley are hard to see. Also i admire how you tried to use google maps imaging to try to make the track accurate, however most of the track has a slope of some sort, in fact the only place on the track that is completely flat is the straight after the finish line jump. Though the track in 2012 was a little to wide in some places, this version is just a little to narrow in many, Many of the down hill area's of the track are actually quite wide, The track is very tight and technical, with very small ruts (which i know 2012 thunder valley is the closest we could get with narrow ruts in sim, and well yeah that explains it self) and there are a good amount of corners were ruts do form (for example, the corner after the start straight) i can see why you didn't want to put them in given this is simulator. I think your estimated hand painted terrain was very well done and very accurate. Im not trying to just be a dick and be super negative about it. If you really wanted, i could get some GoPro of the track, riding it slow if you decided to make the track for us next year, as well as some pictures to go along with it. All and all im super hard on judging tracks, and it becomes a little bit more extreme when it comes to my home track so i apologize if i was kind of a dick. This track is a HUGE improvement from last years, and i think you did a good job the more i ride it, you've put out some of my favorite sim tracks ever, so don't let my negative feedback bring you down :wink:
Evo997

Post by Evo997 »

If the track was ever actually like this; I might go there more often.
Prada wrote:I spent 5 minutes plunging my toilet today.
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything MiNi says.
Evo997

Post by Evo997 »

crashreallyfast wrote:-snip-
I honestly have no idea what you're complaining about. If you look closely you'll see that he did an amazing job creating that slope on the track. Even the huge back-side sweeper has the death slope. It's not as profound as you may like, but you can't deny it being there. It doesn't feel too narrow, the track itself actually feels exactly like this to me, again, it may be an issue with you expecting the subtle variations to be more pronounced. I'll definitely do a lot more playing on it, but as far as a first glance goes it matches a lot in feel. Minus the uphill triple being wrong, no double in the back, and the scrubber being a little too small to enjoy :lol:
Prada wrote:I spent 5 minutes plunging my toilet today.
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything MiNi says.
kawasakirider616

Post by kawasakirider616 »

KTM57 wrote:
Please do show a video of someone doing this. Pretty impressive that a rider could wheelie through a 180 degree corner on an inside rut. :lol:

Big fan of the track. It rides super well, and I can't get enough of the jumps. No shame or frustration in tryharding this one all day tomorrow. :D
I meant more of a sweeper instead of a corner. I probably should have specified what type of corner they would be doing this in. :lol:
Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Post by Lynch »

Most fun track this year for me, 8/10
ATSYMX | NZ GOON
Crushed Dissenter
Team: LKI/SUS Racing

Post by ATSYMX | NZ GOON »

Why do track makers all of a sudden think that 450's shouldn't wheelspin at full throttle?
http://www.youtube.com/ATSYMX
Virtual Laps - Tutorials - Montages
penwell364
Crushed Dissenter

Post by penwell364 »

ATSYMX | NZ GOON wrote:Why do track makers all of a sudden think that 450's shouldn't wheelspin at full throttle?
Why do video makers feel the need to over color correct the crap out of their ripoff virtual hotlap videos?
Jay

Post by Jay »

ATSYMX | NZ GOON wrote:Why do track makers all of a sudden think that 450's shouldn't wheelspin at full throttle?
Why are you still here... I swear that guy on silk road took the money out....
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

penwell364 wrote:
Why do video makers feel the need to over color correct the crap out of their ripoff virtual hotlap videos?
Rekt
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

AWood wrote:
penwell364 wrote:
Rekt
Donate if you like My Creations
crashreallyfast

Evo997 wrote:
crashreallyfast wrote:-snip-
I honestly have no idea what you're complaining about. If you look closely you'll see that he did an amazing job creating that slope on the track. Even the huge back-side sweeper has the death slope. It's not as profound as you may like, but you can't deny it being there. It doesn't feel too narrow, the track itself actually feels exactly like this to me, again, it may be an issue with you expecting the subtle variations to be more pronounced. I'll definitely do a lot more playing on it, but as far as a first glance goes it matches a lot in feel. Minus the uphill triple being wrong, no double in the back, and the scrubber being a little too small to enjoy :lol:
I'm not going to argue about what is right and wrong on this track anymore, I'm tired of putting forth any negative feedback. Everything i said isn't based off of LOOKING, i live 30 mins away from this track and ride it frequently... not just pulling this stuff out of my ass.
crashreallyfast

sorry for double post, but Maybe because motocross tracks are usually loamy, making it easier for the rear tire to grip, i ride a crf450 and if the track isn't blue grooved or super dry, i can twist the throttle with very little wheel spin. oh and also #fuelinjection
ATSYMX | NZ GOON
Crushed Dissenter
Team: LKI/SUS Racing

Post by ATSYMX | NZ GOON »

idk if the world became more grippy in 2014 but mx simulator tracks sure did. they had it right in 2013. also andrew ohagen is morbidly obese. that is all.
http://www.youtube.com/ATSYMX
Virtual Laps - Tutorials - Montages