The Test Facility (my first track)

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
poidog808
Team: Pro Squids

The Test Facility (my first track)

Post by poidog808 »

Hi everyone, I wanted to thank everyone for all the great help and support during my quest to learn how to make a track.

Garasaki (for putting up with my noobness and pointing me in the right directions)
Checkers (for saving me a ton of wasted time concerning textures)
J3RM (been with the design testing since alpha 1, it was his idea to extend the track)
DeeO (great feedback during testing)
and to all the others that helped out in the testing process, your feedback is invaluable, and will guide me in my next track design.

Notes:
This is my first track, its super wide! and filled with big jumps! I had created each section on the fly as I learned how to use the tools. (all terrain done in MXS editor)
I know its not perfect, or even close to realistic, but during the making of this track Ive learned quit a bit and will use this knowledge for the next track.
Have fun with it...Id love to see some of you post your times, or even make videos to show off your lines :)

ALPHA 1

ALPHA 2

ALPHA 3

BETA

FINAL VERSION

download here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37075945/TheTes ... yFinal.rar

thanks for all the support!
-poidog808
my sig was infested...
DeeO
Team: Privateer

Re: The Test Facility (my first track)

Post by DeeO »

I was more than happy to help out! The track is so fun. As you have said a few times, if you are looking for a replica or anything close to realistic, look elsewhere. The track is 4 - 6th grear on a 125, brap!

My best time is still a 3:21, which i was pretty happy with. :). Great work Poidog, definitely looking forward to more tracks from you in the future.
Been around Sim too long to still be this bad.
http://www.youtube.com/returnofdeeo
poidog808

Post by poidog808 »

DeeO wrote:I was more than happy to help out! The track is so fun. As you have said a few times, if you are looking for a replica or anything close to realistic, look elsewhere. The track is 4 - 6th grear on a 125, brap!

My best time is still a 3:21, which i was pretty happy with. :). Great work Poidog, definitely looking forward to more tracks from you in the future.
Thanks, this was a hard but fun process :) I already have another track lined up and ready to start...just need approval on the layout by someone who rides there lol.
my sig was infested...
tyrm85

Post by tyrm85 »

Awsome for a first track! Downloading now, once its done I'll post a full outlook and everything! Looks great though!
MXJProductions wrote:I'd rather have a big balls than a hairy chest.... Just sayin
Phathry25 wrote:Long story short, I don't like you. You'll live.
poidog808

Post by poidog808 »

tyrm85 wrote:Awsome for a first track! Downloading now, once its done I'll post a full outlook and everything! Looks great though!

be easy on me lol, nah...tell it like it is :)
my sig was infested...
nings400
Team: Privateer

Post by nings400 »

dude loving your track, i love hitting the jumps pinned, awesome work, one of my favourites, keep it up
poidog808

Post by poidog808 »

nings400 wrote:dude loving your track, i love hitting the jumps pinned, awesome work, one of my favourites, keep it up
Thanks, very encouraging words :)
my sig was infested...
NAUpoiss75
Team: Spazztic

Post by NAUpoiss75 »

i really like this track.Thanks.
HeijneMX57

Post by HeijneMX57 »

DeeO wrote:The track is so fun.

I just turned a 2:35. And yes, this track is awesome. I totally love it. The only feeling I get is that the outside lines are WAAAAAY slower than the insides. Also you've got mostly double jumps, just bring more variation in the track, for example a big leaping uphill step-up or a giant tabletop.

Even though this track is awesome! Really creditting towards you and hope to see more of this awesome tracks in the future!
poidog808

Post by poidog808 »

NAUpoiss75 wrote:i really like this track.Thanks.
Awesome :)
my sig was infested...
poidog808

Post by poidog808 »

HeijneMX57 wrote:
DeeO wrote:The track is so fun.

I just turned a 2:35. And yes, this track is awesome. I totally love it. The only feeling I get is that the outside lines are WAAAAAY slower than the insides. Also you've got mostly double jumps, just bring more variation in the track, for example a big leaping uphill step-up or a giant tabletop.

Even though this track is awesome! Really creditting towards you and hope to see more of this awesome tracks in the future!
Holy Crap, see thats what a fast rider can do with this track...I created it and cant seem to break 3 flat lol. thanks for the post, seeing your time put a smile on my face. Track "tightness" and "variation" is definitively top on the list for my next track, thanks for the feedback....can I see a vid of your line :)
my sig was infested...
HeijneMX57

Post by HeijneMX57 »

Whats the best way to make a vid, never done it before lol.
ct596

Post by ct596 »

Well, I think that this track is fun, but for me I really enjoy when a track is realistic. I know this is not to be realistic, but to get to be a very good track maker you need to be able to make realistic jumps, ruts, and berms. I'm very excited to see what your future tracks are going to be because you can tell you made a lot of progress on just one track.
MOTO NATIOM112
Team: PoGo

Post by MOTO NATIOM112 »

dude love this track.this might be my actuall test rack thx dude
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

ct596 wrote:Well, I think that this track is fun, but for me I really enjoy when a track is realistic. I know this is not to be realistic, but to get to be a very good track maker you need to be able to make realistic jumps, ruts, and berms. I'm very excited to see what your future tracks are going to be because you can tell you made a lot of progress on just one track.
Carson, make yourself a signature.

Tracks so unrealisticly fun!
only one to win something real from the game!