The Test Facility (my first track)

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Juan357

Re: The Test Facility (my first track)

Post by Juan357 »

haha , this track is fuun , for play with friends .. hahaha
Track Comp 2010 Champion!
tyrm85

Post by tyrm85 »

Tracks so unrealisticly fun![/quote]
^^^

Same here!

Track Rate:
Well the unrealistic feel felt weird at first! But, once your used to it, its AWSOME! The traction is really slippery for me. For other people it may be good but I thought it was a LITTLE slippery for my tastes.
The objects, to tell you the truth, they were placed perfectly and everything! I was amazed that this was gunna be a bit laggy on full graphics! I didn't think about it at first, it looked like any other track with the same amount of objects. Off topic but still: I think that this community goes for the realistic look a bit too much, trees and everything, sure it makes the track look real, but c'mon, why so much trees........sure maybe in the woods, but I don't get why trees are so highly made, as in clean and really good graphics....just trees in my opinion.
Overall: This track is great, the unrealistic feel, the huge ass jumps, the right amount of objects, I personally love it!
MXJProductions wrote:I'd rather have a big balls than a hairy chest.... Just sayin
Phathry25 wrote:Long story short, I don't like you. You'll live.
poidog808
Team: Pro Squids

Post by poidog808 »

tyrm85 wrote:Tracks so unrealisticly fun!
^^^

Same here!

Track Rate:
Well the unrealistic feel felt weird at first! But, once your used to it, its AWSOME! The traction is really slippery for me. For other people it may be good but I thought it was a LITTLE slippery for my tastes.
The objects, to tell you the truth, they were placed perfectly and everything! I was amazed that this was gunna be a bit laggy on full graphics! I didn't think about it at first, it looked like any other track with the same amount of objects. Off topic but still: I think that this community goes for the realistic look a bit too much, trees and everything, sure it makes the track look real, but c'mon, why so much trees........sure maybe in the woods, but I don't get why trees are so highly made, as in clean and really good graphics....just trees in my opinion.
Overall: This track is great, the unrealistic feel, the huge ass jumps, the right amount of objects, I personally love it![/quote]

I tried my best to be "laptop" friendly (object amount). and the traction is something Im still tinkering with (difficult to gauge when your not fast lol) my next track is well defined, a replica of a local track in Florida. There will be minimal objects due to its a local track. so tuff blocks etc will be far and few. I will be tightening up a lot on the next design, hopefully I will be able to ride it lol. thanks for the review...every bit of feedback I get will guide my next release :)
my sig was infested...
poidog808

Post by poidog808 »

Again I want to thank everyone, you've been awesome to me and my first release. I hope I continue to improve and release tracks you enjoy :)
my sig was infested...
MOTO NATIOM112
Team: PoGo

Post by MOTO NATIOM112 »

poidog808 wrote:
DeeO wrote:I was more than happy to help out! The track is so fun. As you have said a few times, if you are looking for a replica or anything close to realistic, look elsewhere. The track is 4 - 6th grear on a 125, brap!

My best time is still a 3:21, which i was pretty happy with. :). Great work Poidog, definitely looking forward to more tracks from you in the future.
Thanks, this was a hard but fun process :) I already have another track lined up and ready to start...just need approval on the layout by someone who rides there lol.
what track is it?

P.S this track was awesome...cant wait for antoher one of ur creations!
James Cryer
Team: Coyote Yamaha [KAW]

Post by James Cryer »

This track was amazing, the jumps were massive and you could just pin it 4th and 5th all the way around. I found myself some sneaky lines. Not sure if they were intentional though. On the second section after the start you have the huge double that has little rollers afterwards and then goes uphill. I triple in, pin it as soon as I touch the ground, fly over the bumps, and scrub all the way up the hill. On one of the last sections where it is double, double, whoops, double, I triple in and bypass the whoops when I single out then scrub the double. There is another section, 2nd before the last I think, that I can sometimes get a quad in, but it is really hard. The only real problem I have with the track is the turns, they are so big that they actually slow you down. Even the insides seem a little dramatic sometimes. Overall I give this track a 4/5. It's really fun because it is so unrealistic. Like everyone else has been saying:
Jones221 wrote:Track's so unrealisticly fun!
And:
HeijneMX57 wrote:Really creditting towards you and hope to see more of this awesome tracks in the future!
My best lap was around a 2:49, The part that normally kills me is the curving rollers that head towards the start. Really focus on giving the people riding it more options for lines. some of them are really forced on us and that just makes it hard to be clever when racing friends.
MotoFreestylePete wrote:Your all F**kin sluts...
poidog808

Post by poidog808 »

MOTO NATIOM112 wrote:
poidog808 wrote:
DeeO wrote:I was more than happy to help out! The track is so fun. As you have said a few times, if you are looking for a replica or anything close to realistic, look elsewhere. The track is 4 - 6th grear on a 125, brap!

My best time is still a 3:21, which i was pretty happy with. :). Great work Poidog, definitely looking forward to more tracks from you in the future.
Thanks, this was a hard but fun process :) I already have another track lined up and ready to start...just need approval on the layout by someone who rides there lol.
what track is it?

P.S this track was awesome...cant wait for antoher one of ur creations!
the track is Sunshine MX, Clearwater Florida. The satalite pictures do it no justice...its been revamped and look really fun to ride. Ive been there a few times and used helmet cam footage from Kyle Chirsholm (posted on there page http://www.sunshinemotocross.com/) and got an approval from Eric that its correct (he rides there) heres the ruff draft...had to sketch to paper while watching video lol.

my sig was infested...
poidog808

Post by poidog808 »

James Cryer wrote:This track was amazing, the jumps were massive and you could just pin it 4th and 5th all the way around. I found myself some sneaky lines. Not sure if they were intentional though. On the second section after the start you have the huge double that has little rollers afterwards and then goes uphill. I triple in, pin it as soon as I touch the ground, fly over the bumps, and scrub all the way up the hill. On one of the last sections where it is double, double, whoops, double, I triple in and bypass the whoops when I single out then scrub the double. There is another section, 2nd before the last I think, that I can sometimes get a quad in, but it is really hard. The only real problem I have with the track is the turns, they are so big that they actually slow you down. Even the insides seem a little dramatic sometimes. Overall I give this track a 4/5. It's really fun because it is so unrealistic. Like everyone else has been saying:
Jones221 wrote:Track's so unrealisticly fun!
And:
HeijneMX57 wrote:Really creditting towards you and hope to see more of this awesome tracks in the future!
My best lap was around a 2:49, The part that normally kills me is the curving rollers that head towards the start. Really focus on giving the people riding it more options for lines. some of them are really forced on us and that just makes it hard to be clever when racing friends.
Man you guys are killing this track "2:49" awesome. Ive already decided to do a Test Facility 2 after I finish the next track :) Its fun to be creative, and unrealistic at times.

-Poidog808
my sig was infested...
James Cryer
Team: Coyote Yamaha [KAW]

Post by James Cryer »

Your drawing is inside out. So I have no idea on how to read it. Haha.
MotoFreestylePete wrote:Your all F**kin sluts...
poidog808

Post by poidog808 »

James Cryer wrote:Your drawing is inside out. So I have no idea on how to read it. Haha.
lol...nice....Im going to make all the jump peaks and landing very narrow lol. Didn't even notice I did that. I blame this on "fast sketch-up"
my sig was infested...
poidog808

Post by poidog808 »

As I read all the great feedback, I cant help but to think...it took me a month to release my first track. And I would have not be able to do so without the extremely talented people here. I failed to mention that I didnt create any of the statues, billboard...hell if it werent for the updated blank-track Id still be trying to figure out how to set up the starting gate. And with the help of a hand full of patient people I got this far. THANK YOU!

my first post: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... 3&start=15

lol, enjoy that. I dont feel so much like a noob anymore :)

-poidog808
my sig was infested...
Oom-Lourens
Team: Zen'itH Racing

Post by Oom-Lourens »

Downloading your first track now, read al the feedback so i'm looking forward to jamming a decent 3hour session when i get home. Our download speeds here in S.A. is just realy slow........ :evil: :evil: :(

Forgive me for i have sinned, i've hit a 4th gear jump 5th gear pinned.........

My Stats:
http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/4508/
Ashes
Team: Privateer #65

Post by Ashes »

Oom-Lourens wrote:Downloading your first track now, read al the feedback so i'm looking forward to jamming a decent 3hour session when i get home. Our download speeds here in S.A. is just realy slow........ :evil: :evil: :(
**Start Hijack**
Woohoo - another South African!!!
**End Hijack**

Track is super fun - it's kinda like the firt get high in that it's unrealistic, but fun.
Where it way better though is in the visual appearance - top job.

Well done for actually taking time with your track.
poidog808

Post by poidog808 »

Ashes wrote:
Oom-Lourens wrote:Downloading your first track now, read al the feedback so i'm looking forward to jamming a decent 3hour session when i get home. Our download speeds here in S.A. is just realy slow........ :evil: :evil: :(
**Start Hijack**
Woohoo - another South African!!!
**End Hijack**

Track is super fun - it's kinda like the firt get high in that it's unrealistic, but fun.
Where it way better though is in the visual appearance - top job.

Well done for actually taking time with your track.
Thank you, glad to nice to hear you like the track :)
my sig was infested...
Oom-Lourens
Team: Zen'itH Racing

Post by Oom-Lourens »

Track is good, a couple of nice jumps were i can practice some crazy wips, just played for 30 mins now so still not hitting all the sections like i shoud and it was on my little brothers cpu so i'm not used to his setting and remote. butt really fun track. :)

Forgive me for i have sinned, i've hit a 4th gear jump 5th gear pinned.........

My Stats:
http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/4508/