Monster energy cup

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Re: Monster energy cup

Post by Sandhapper »

Jev7 wrote:sandbiter is working on a great one, even kamloops made him a stadium only for him.. as much as i know
Right ;) Kamloops is awesome, and he knows! :)
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

mackan25
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by mackan25 »

Sandhapper wrote:
Jev7 wrote:sandbiter is working on a great one, even kamloops made him a stadium only for him.. as much as i know
Pic's of your version so far? :D
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

mackan25 wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:
Pic's of your version so far? :D
Idk. I'm rendering a video right now ;) (after that i upload it on youtube). I'm not sure if I'm gonna upload it on the forums... cuz its still in beta.
Things to do:
Objects
Textures
Ruts (maybe idk)
Maybe I'm gonna change the traction
Couple of jumps that have to remake or edited

Ps. forgot to ask if I can use the decals I have on the track right now :roll:
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

LucMx23
Team: Digital Dirtworx

Post by LucMx23 »

pleeeeeaaaaase load it here up! :D
i'd love to see it! so please load it up ;)
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

Don't piss me off... you guys wanted a vid, here it is. Long time to go for the release I gues ;)

What do u think about the scale? too small?
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

LucMx23

Post by LucMx23 »

1. TRACK IS AWESOME!!
and the jumpscale is good just a bit wider i think :D
motoxlova#1
Team: Free lancer

Post by motoxlova#1 »

Scale looks way to small.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

The part after the start/finish as you exit the stadium section is way too smooth i didnt see your bike even get out of shape where as if you watch onboard of any rider going through the first section exiting the stadium area its farly rough so would be great if you can get that into the feel of the track.
Im sure you already know this and have been working on it but realism is key for a track this great.

My view on the width of the track is fine it seems good to me maybe you should release a beta for some opinions :D .
Keep up the work, by the time everyone has finished with making this track we'll have about 3 versions to chose from. :lol:
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ML7FqNr9zs

Good vid to refrence ruts if it helps
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Sandhapper wrote:Don't piss me off... you guys wanted a vid, here it is. Long time to go for the release I gues ;)

Guess I'll be the only one to be honest. It looks like it was done in 10 minutes. The jump shapes are terrible, scale is inconsistant, and if it wasn't for it being a replica no one would look twice at it before calling it crap.

Look at JLV's jump shapes on the SX tracks. See how they are all consistent, although different sizes and angles, they aren't rounded, then peaked, then dome shaped. The big double outside looked half the size height wise of the finish jump inside. The doubles going before you go up in the stands look like giant rollers rather than a rhythm section. The roller before the big double outside is way too ramped and not steep enough.

Not trying to be a dick, just being honest and giving you input to actually help should you continue and release this thing. If you want to hear everyone say it is great and not change a thing, be my guest - but they will all suffer with a track that isn't as good as it could be. Me, not a big deal, if it's like this on release it won't find a way onto my harddrive.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

Checkers i could'nt agree more, i just can't be asked to be honest as im too laid back to bother giving my opinion.

Suppose for me im just happy to have new tracks.

Maybe JLV could do this track at some point before the 2012 supercross as we should have 450s by then fingers crossed. atleast then we have a hope of a very good Monster Energy cup track which will work online smoothly
mackan25
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Post by mackan25 »

Mikeyyart10 wrote:Maybe JLV could do this track at some point before the 2012 supercross as we should have 450s by then fingers crossed. atleast then we have a hope of a very good Monster Energy cup track which will work online smoothly
Would be so epic if JLV tha BOSS did the MECup track! Would be the best track ever!
LucMx23

Post by LucMx23 »

totaly agreed! ;D
Sandhapper

Post by Sandhapper »

checkerz wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:Don't piss me off... you guys wanted a vid, here it is. Long time to go for the release I gues ;)

Guess I'll be the only one to be honest. It looks like it was done in 10 minutes. The jump shapes are terrible, scale is inconsistant, and if it wasn't for it being a replica no one would look twice at it before calling it crap.

Look at JLV's jump shapes on the SX tracks. See how they are all consistent, although different sizes and angles, they aren't rounded, then peaked, then dome shaped. The big double outside looked half the size height wise of the finish jump inside. The doubles going before you go up in the stands look like giant rollers rather than a rhythm section. The roller before the big double outside is way too ramped and not steep enough.

Not trying to be a dick, just being honest and giving you input to actually help should you continue and release this thing. If you want to hear everyone say it is great and not change a thing, be my guest - but they will all suffer with a track that isn't as good as it could be. Me, not a big deal, if it's like this on release it won't find a way onto my harddrive.
Thx checkerz! i was already waiting for a post of you! I did the dispmap in the editor, I think im gonna remake it in photoshop. But the shapes are tirrible? I realy tried to make the disp as realistic as posible :oops: so I don't know how JLV make the tracks so awesome in the editor?! :O respect man!

Thx again for the post checkerz!
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall

BRYAN17

Post by BRYAN17 »

This is what ive got so far on mine !