Farm AX Rd1

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
O'Brien#178
Team: Privateer

Re: Farm AX Rd1

Post by O'Brien#178 »

Hey when i come to play this track the textures are a solid black colour.....any idea whats up?

Cheers guys!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Solid black, thats new, usually its solid white. Where did you put the track folder?
pete-crf

Post by pete-crf »

i like it :D
Team MDK : #24 mulishatroop88,#2 02RR02,#728 STAYDOWN,#125 pete-crf

My Video Complition :http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xq4twMhTn6g
kevin131mx

Post by kevin131mx »

Hey guys. Whenever I try to play this track, this happens... It is also happening for many other tracks as well. I can sometimes fix it by deleting the config file from the Personal Folder, but for this I still don't have the barn or anything. Any ideas?

O'Brien#178

Post by O'Brien#178 »

DJ wrote:Solid black, thats new, usually its solid white. Where did you put the track folder?
I am putting it in the same folder as all the other tracks, i have been putting it in the MX Sim personal folder. i have got quite a few other tracks and they all work a treat...... it's weird
yomo

Post by yomo »

kevin131mx wrote:Hey guys. Whenever I try to play this track, this happens... It is also happening for many other tracks as well. I can sometimes fix it by deleting the config file from the Personal Folder, but for this I still don't have the barn or anything. Any ideas?
I reckon to looks to be a graphics driver issue. When you go into the graphics menu down the bottom it should say your graphics card (if you dont know it already) then look on the internet for the latest driver for that graphics card. Im not sure about integrated graphics but i know its a little nasty
kevin131mx

Post by kevin131mx »

Would that cause the barn to not show up as well? I am also missing the stadiums for other SX's, and the dirt is white on Aussie MX. So do I just download the latest one or what?
yomo

Post by yomo »

1st try to download the lastest drivers for your graphics card.

If not make sure you dont have an extra folder in the file path. ie make sure you dont have C:\Users\YOURNAME\appdata\mx simulator\farm ax\farm ax

the most common reason for that is when using winrar and clicking extract it sometimes makes an extra folder in which the track is in. That is normally the reason for white textures.

hope that helped
kevin131mx

Post by kevin131mx »

If not make sure you dont have an extra folder in the file path. ie make sure you dont have C:\Users\YOURNAME\appdata\mx simulator\farm ax\farm ax
Well, this is how I have it even though I use 7z.
I get to the personal folder. I click on Farm AX. It comes up with a folder that says Farm AX, but that is only the lines_expert.

In the Program FIles, I click Farm AX, then there's another Farm AX folder. I click that and then I get the terrain, statues, textures, all those files.

So... I just take the 2nd folder out of the two and bring that into Program Files itself, then delete the first one? Or should I drag all the neccasary files into the first one?

Thanks for your help. I'm hoping I can finally get this figured out.

EDIT***
Ok, so I went in and moved all important files to the first folder, and it works better, but not perfect. When it loads, it says in the upper left:

WARNING: Non Power of 2 textures, "xxxx/tower/terrain.png"

Then, it seems fine except it looks like this:

Would this be because of my outdated graphics card?
Thanks for any help again...
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

It could be your graphics card. I remember my game used to do that when I had my old computer and the textures weren't power of 2
yomo

Post by yomo »

If you have got the lastest dirvers then i surpose it would be the actual graphics card. Also you said it happens on only a few tracks... so see if they are the ones with the same power of 2 issue. Might be time for a new computer :D... only joking
22sheza

Post by 22sheza »

hell of a track keep them comming :D
genEric122

Post by genEric122 »

I get the "power of 2" warning also, and I am far from needing a new pc or vid card.
kevin131mx

Post by kevin131mx »

If you have got the lastest dirvers then i surpose it would be the actual graphics card.
Well, I didn't update or download anything... This was just removing the useless folder from program files. So does that mean I do have to update it?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

genEric122 wrote:I get the "power of 2" warning also, and I am far from needing a new pc or vid card.
Everyone should get the warning, but weaker cards just can't handle the texture not being a power of 2