Hangtown 2011

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
warrior462

Re: Hangtown 2011

Post by warrior462 »

checkerz wrote: Then not sure if it was from running enough laps or finding out the technique to the ruts, but I found myself able to use them consistently now. I also, when struggling found there there is very flat smooth outsides in all the corners to be used if you don't want to use the ruts. Is it as fast? Maybe not, but consistent, yes... that does make multiple lines.

Would I like to see it a bit easier? Yes. Does it ruin the track or the racing? I don't think so, but it will definitely separate the riders.
I'd imagine it's easy for you to see why this sucks, and is extremely unfair, for those who weren't "in the loop" as far as having the track for a while already. We don't have the same kind of time to run enough laps or find out the technique to the ruts, to help us use them consistently. I absolutely think the track has plenty of lines for good racing, DJD took my comments too far and expressed them disrespectfully, I hope nobody associates me with that negativity. I just think there are too many ruts too close together to really be used in some spots. As far as I'm concerned, "seperating the riders" is the absolute worst thing for racing, so your comment contradicts itself. Villopoto and Reed went 1-2 in that order at both A1 and San Diego, which one was more fun to watch?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I just had a proper ride of the track. I can definitely see where these guys are coming from.

I reckon the ruts need to be taller or deeper, with less of them. I always find myself crawling out of them too early. The ruts in real life were pretty deep if I recall.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

warrior462 wrote: is extremely unfair, for those who weren't "in the loop" as far as having the track for a while already.
LOL. Exactly why the track was released almost a month before the event. If you think the 6 or 7 beta races I did is giving me an un-fair advantage... well you haven't seen me race lately.

Of course, you could just expect all the tracks to be built without any beta feedback at all.

My final point, agree or don't, I don't care.

I suck at the game. I have come to like and use the ruts. That is within 6 or 7 races.

The track has been out less than 24 hours. Complaining about it being too hard is maybe a bit too soon. If you could pin it the first lap, what challenge would that be?

Nationals are rutty, learning to ride ruts is key to real life and should be key in sim. All the tracks won't be like this, but most the updated ones have a lot more ruts, so might as well practice up or start building all the tracks so you can run them without ruts. Riding this track has made me a better player, and now that I'm a better player I enjoy it. That is MY experience, not saying it will be yours, but give it a shot. Again, the track isn't even a day old.

BTW, it had deeper ruts at one point that were way less forgiving. So realism has already been sacrificed for gameplay. Hagg has been very open to feedback and made a lot of changes. And as far as being a dick to him, maybe you should step back and look at the amount of great content he is providing for this game before pushing him away.
DJD

Post by DJD »

warrior462 wrote:DJD took my comments too far and expressed them disrespectfully
No I didn't, I agreed with you, then expressed my own opinions. Perhaps I didn't sugarcoat it, but I stand by what I said 100%. I call it like I see it.

I guess what bothers me the most is how epic the track would be if you eliminated the pointless ruts, and added smoother flowing ruts that offered two or three viable racing lines in most corners.

I know how much effort goes into tracks like this, I just want to see it be fun and race-able.
checkerz wrote:The track has been out less than 24 hours. Complaining about it being too hard is maybe a bit too soon.
I ran a 2:24 within 5 minutes. Its not that its crazy difficult. All Im trying to say is how much more fun it could be...I'll stop now. Peace.

Now that spring semester is over I have too much time to troll. :lol:
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

checkerz wrote:
warrior462 wrote: is extremely unfair, for those who weren't "in the loop" as far as having the track for a while already.
LOL. Exactly why the track was released almost a month before the event. If you think the 6 or 7 beta races I did is giving me an un-fair advantage... well you haven't seen me race lately.

Of course, you could just expect all the tracks to be built without any beta feedback at all.

My final point, agree or don't, I don't care.

I suck at the game. I have come to like and use the ruts. That is within 6 or 7 races.

The track has been out less than 24 hours. Complaining about it being too hard is maybe a bit too soon. If you could pin it the first lap, what challenge would that be?

Nationals are rutty, learning to ride ruts is key to real life and should be key in sim. All the tracks won't be like this, but most the updated ones have a lot more ruts, so might as well practice up or start building all the tracks so you can run them without ruts. Riding this track has made me a better player, and now that I'm a better player I enjoy it. That is MY experience, not saying it will be yours, but give it a shot. Again, the track isn't even a day old.

BTW, it had deeper ruts at one point that were way less forgiving. So realism has already been sacrificed for gameplay. Hagg has been very open to feedback and made a lot of changes. And as far as being a dick to him, maybe you should step back and look at the amount of great content he is providing for this game before pushing him away.
Agreed. The negativity and sense of entitlement in this community always surprises me.

You are all welcome to your own opinions and while I partially agree with some of the points I also welcome the level of realism that Hagg brings to the table. I'm even worse at this game than Checkerz is but after burning some laps I'm happy to find that I'm getting better. Its absolutely frustrating at times but its also far more rewarding that other tracks.
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

checkerz wrote:
warrior462 wrote: Exactly why the track was released almost a month before the event. If you think the 6 or 7 beta races I did is giving me an un-fair advantage... well you haven't seen me race lately.

I wasn't really talking specifically about you having the track. I've heard a ton of guys, fast guys, talking about having it for a while. I do find it unfair, I don't see how anyone couldn't, and I don't care if anyone cares that it's unfair, just saying. I never complained about it being too hard, I pointed out that it could be a lot more fun, big difference. You talk about the challenge of the track, and it reminds me of a kid I rode with before. He told me he rides enduro because MX is too easy. So of course I say, "wow, I'm impressed you can go out and beat Ricky Carmicheal and find it so easy it's boring, so you ride enduro instead." That shut him up. MX is more about beating your opponents on the track than beating the track itself. As far as being a dick to Hagg, reread my posts, I've been nothing but respectful to him.
PINNEDTOWIN
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by PINNEDTOWIN »

DJD wrote:
warrior462 wrote:DJD took my comments too far and expressed them disrespectfully
No I didn't, I agreed with you, then expressed my own opinions. Perhaps I didn't sugarcoat it, but I stand by what I said 100%. I call it like I see it.

I guess what bothers me the most is how epic the track would be if you eliminated the pointless ruts, and added smoother flowing ruts that offered two or three viable racing lines in most corners.

I know how much effort goes into tracks like this, I just want to see it be fun and race-able.
checkerz wrote:The track has been out less than 24 hours. Complaining about it being too hard is maybe a bit too soon.
I ran a 2:24 within 5 minutes. Its not that its crazy difficult. All Im trying to say is how much more fun it could be...I'll stop now. Peace.

Now that spring semester is over I have too much time to troll. :lol:
NEVER seen a single AMA National where every rut is a good and viable line. I don't see how you could expect that in this track.

Hagg you have done an amazing job on this track and as a guy who has been to Hangtown countless times in real life this track is extremely realistic and well executed. Surprised to see complaints so soon or at all because after riding a few motos on this track i dont see anything significant to complain about. Thanks for all the hard work!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah great job Haqq, awesome job!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

From the beta version to this its night and day. I've been riding hangtown many many times and like pinned said this track is spot on. For nationals day this track is ripped deep to build lines but buy the end of the day its concrete. rumor is they had brought in some loam dirt for 2011 to soften things up a bit. Great job on this track again it just takes tons of focus to get it right but fun as hell
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

warrior462 wrote:
I wasn't really talking specifically about you having the track. I've heard a ton of guys, fast guys, talking about having it for a while. I do find it unfair
Once again... exactly the reason the track was released almost a month before the event. The other tracks will be released a week before the event. The rF crew will be betaing these, if we are cheating at our own events by building and beta'ing the tracks, so be it. Build your own tracks and run your own series. I guess we can't win, we are always making things unfair and biased. :roll:
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

checkerz wrote:we are always making things unfair and biased. :roll:
hax :wink:
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

Checkerz, you're making something of nothing. Of course the people who are putting work in on the track have it to ride, and it's no problem. I have absolutely no problem with the rF crew working on the tracks because they're doing so much hard work to bring us some awesome racing, and I really do appreciate that as I've said over and over and over and over and over and over again. What is not ok, is to have everyone on a major team, and everyone who knows someone who knows someone have a track made for competition before the general public. This is my opinion, and it will not change, and you don't have to agree, just let me have my opinion.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Track looks great. With the exception of the edges not quite matching up on the skybox, I love it.

However, riding for me is a challenge. Partially because I rarely play this game, and if I do it's because I'm making a track. That being said, my way of riding is this:

Get a Xbox 360 controller to race with, and pause the game and then make 'skip forward one frame' the spacebar button. Hold down spacebar and ride it. It feels so awesome and realistic that I don't feel the need to play in regular speed. This way it feels like riding, because I can make the microscopic changes that I can in real life, while in the game. More reaction time and general feeling is achieved. Only issue is judging speed. It's way harder to time everything and brake properly, but once you get it it is awesome.

I suggest you all try it.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

THANK YOU HAG AND RF FOR RELEASING THIS TRACK A FULL 2 WEEKS BEFORE YOU PLANNED TO RELEASE IT FOR THE RACE SO PEOPLE COULD PRACTICE THIS CHALLENGING TECHNICAL ROUGH RUTTED TRACK!!!!!

The guys who help us beta the track BTW are guys who are going to be GOOD at the tracks within an hour...also they are REALLY good at giving feedback, and also we do the analyzing LIVE with LIVE discussions on vent while we beta them. It does us no good to email out betas and get a response back a few days later, when the track is completely different 2 days later....We talk about the track, Chris makes changes, re uploads, we play again and talk about the changes, etc etc. Get over it, not everyone will be a part of that, just logistically won't work...
pulse

Post by pulse »

hey man the track is great, But I do think There should be more choices in the ruts, but I love the track!