Freestone 2011

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
INKY0
Team: privateer

Re: Freestone 2011

Post by INKY0 »

It feels wider than Hangtown
jlv wrote:Maybe you shouldn't kamikaze people if you don't like that reaction.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

Fransoo773 wrote:The track is pretty gnar Hagg. However braking bumps are for the entries/exits of corners, and should not appear everywhere on the track. :lol:
Ha i do agree there some weird bumps that catch me out on straight section especially in the shaded sections under the trees but apart from that the tracks very nice.
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Tom cortvriendt wrote:Im riding sand tracks every week every year, and believe me, they are like the same as southwick, well the turns are different, but i know how the big holes and the ruts are, there are not many ruts, especcialy at a AMA event, it has to be a smooth track but it must be rough, so call it smooth rough, look at some videos of Jeffrey herlings at Lommel, Valkenswaard and stuff. They are round. Hagg his ruts are amazing, but thats for hardpack track, i love these on freestone and i think you did an awesome job!

I dont understand the complains about traction and stuff, it is sandy right?

PM me if you need some reference about sandtracks, im riding them and im riding dutch championship as well. So i know what sand is :D You could also call some swedish riders, in sweden you have amazing sand tracks!
But Sweden sand is different from Texas/ west coast US sand tracks. This track is almost perfect I don't see why people complain.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
AWood

Post by AWood »

warrior462 wrote:
haggqvist wrote:Here's a link to a trackmap: http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/dffp/map.png
Download and place it in the ../2012.motosport.rf.national.rd2.freestone folder generated by the game in your personal folder.

I appreciate the feedback on the track and I'm fully aware that most things on this track could use a tweak or two.
The main reason for this being that the track was made from scratch in less than three weeks with very little in the way of beta-testing.

Next years version will be better...
Wow, that's pretty amazing that you pumped it out that quickly, and the disp is great. Stinks that the worst part of it is something as simple as traction.
Why are you nonstop complaining about traction. The traction is perfect. Its a SAND track... its slippery in a game where we cant bog down in it...
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Boogie_Man
Team: Privateer

Post by Boogie_Man »

This track rocks !!! The rougher the better as it makes you search for lines to put good laps together. Keep em coming mang awesome job !!!!
DJD

Post by DJD »

AWood wrote: The traction is perfect. Its a SAND track... its slippery in a game where we cant bog down in it...
^This guy is annoying and doesn't know wtf he's talking about.

But anyways,

Thanks for making this, not my favorite style of track, but no one cares about that. I do feel sorry for the guys with slower computers though, I played this track on the "High FPS" settings on a laptop and it was hell.

Cant see the bumps, wash out constantly, I see why people crash all over the place now. Traction does seem a bit funky, doesn't really feel like sand, feels like the bike is really jittery around the whole track and wants to wash out.

I know the traction wasn't changed much, but It seems to make quite a difference. All the little ruts in the sand whoop section are unnecessary, could have just used a more "deep sand" traction and left the tiny ruts out.

Looks pretty for the virtual lap though.
AWood

Post by AWood »

DJD wrote:
AWood wrote: The traction is perfect. Its a SAND track... its slippery in a game where we cant bog down in it...
^This guy is annoying and doesn't know wtf he's talking about.

But anyways,

Thanks for making this, not my favorite style of track, but no one cares about that. I do feel sorry for the guys with slower computers though, I played this track on the "High FPS" settings on a laptop and it was hell.

Cant see the bumps, wash out constantly, I see why people crash all over the place now. Traction does seem a bit funky, doesn't really feel like sand, feels like the bike is really jittery around the whole track and wants to wash out.

I know the traction wasn't changed much, but It seems to make quite a difference. All the little ruts in the sand whoop section are unnecessary, could have just used a more "deep sand" traction and left the tiny ruts out.

Looks pretty for the virtual lap though.
So if there is a change where you guys dont like it that makes it wrong. And for me to like it and be against you guys complaining that makes me annoying? Whatever...
Jared133mx

Post by Jared133mx »

how do u get the map to work when the track is in a saf?
patrickadizzle

Post by patrickadizzle »

Put it in your personal folder, located here:

C:\Users\xxxYOURNAMExxx\AppData\Local\MX Simulator

After you do that, read this.

http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1212
Accomplishments: Nothing, but i almost win all races in 00, 01, 02, 03
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

go in time trail run a lap then go in your personal folder and there will be a freestone folder put the freestone map in that folder.
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

AWood wrote: But Sweden sand is different from Texas/ west coast US sand tracks. This track is almost perfect I don't see why people complain.
True about the complaining side! I love it, it has those things in real life too, and with the less time he had...

I would love to see a sandtrack like soutwick with those smooth walls and stuff, that track would be so amazing to ride. For hardpack tracks i suggest to use these ruts, and for tracks like freestone and hangtown too, but southwick is something different, i really hope you will make something different style for that one, but like sevlievo i tested for you. That is just amazing. Those ruts are the same in real life!
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
imrpowers

Post by imrpowers »

Amazing. I raced Freestone about a month ago and this feels a lot more like it than the previous MX Sim version. It DEFINITELY gets this rough too! Great job.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

I like the track traction it sucks that from the track decal to the side decal its pure ice. It would be nice if the traction was wider off the track a bit. I catch some of these haybales maybe a bit to close in some sections. Overall i like the track its so fun just tough as hell.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

the ONLY part i have a problem with the bales is when the whoops curve, theres 3 right in a row. you can half ass ride through 1 but then get stuck in the next one for sure. my only gripe as far as hay bales go
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

The track is great and has a nice mix of flat and rutted corners but the traction in the sand whoops is too slippery. Putting the traction from Benkeboda on that section would have been a better idea in my opinion.