Freestone 2011

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
haggqvist

Re: Freestone 2011

Post by haggqvist »

I know.
I posted those values mostly as an answer to your statement that "the worst part of it is something as simple as traction".

I usually spend hours on end trying to get the tileinfo to work properly with the disp and all the different bikes.
However, as I stated above, there wasn't time for that on this one.

In fact, the current tileinfo was merely tweaked a bit to work with the initial 1:1 scale disp and hasn't been changed since I scaled it up 10% after checkerz forced me over to the darkside by giving my precious first beta a proper bollocking. :lol:
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

I understand there wasn't very much time to do this, and I appreciate your work. At the same time, you're kinda getting a monopoly on these tracks, and it's really cool to ride different makers tracks throughout the season. All Voutare's version needed was a timing gate update and new banners for the sponsors, maybe a few objects here and there to keep people from cutting. No real need to rush a full brand new track when we have something sufficient already. That's my opinion, go ahead and start raging everybody (Haggqvist, I don't mean you, you've always seemed to handle my criticism with class, it's your fans I'm speaking to).
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Warrior, I know you didn't mean it in a bad way about Hagg monopolizing the tracks, but I'll still clarify why a new version was needed anyways.

It really comes down to the game getting bigger than just our Thursday night races. With us providing the track previews for Vurb, the tracks not only have to ride well, they have to look good as well. Freestone looks much more realistic now using the overlay and such. I wasn't a fan of the old Freestone and love the new one, but it wasn't the worst track either, that's for sure.

As far as the monopoly, Hagg has the first 2 rounds and then a part of High Point and a new Southwick hopefully.
toonys66
Team: Privateer

Post by toonys66 »

Wowow southwick by haggqvist!!! This is gonna be sick!! Sand track by him should be thé best!!
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

checkerz wrote:Warrior, I know you didn't mean it in a bad way about Hagg monopolizing the tracks, but I'll still clarify why a new version was needed anyways.

It really comes down to the game getting bigger than just our Thursday night races. With us providing the track previews for Vurb, the tracks not only have to ride well, they have to look good as well. Freestone looks much more realistic now using the overlay and such. I wasn't a fan of the old Freestone and love the new one, but it wasn't the worst track either, that's for sure.

As far as the monopoly, Hagg has the first 2 rounds and then a part of High Point and a new Southwick hopefully.
I didn't look at it that way, I can certainly respect that. I love the Southwick we have now, and I'm worried about a Hagg version, especially since I'm an hour from there and have missed only one national (2004) since 2000. It's a track that is almost impossible to get a feel for unless you've ridden it. He'll have to completely change his style of making corners for it. They don't really get ruts (dug down), but it's more like the sand is just pushed out. The braking bumps are nasty, but not generally choppy in most areas, more rolling. I'd really appreciate being involved in the testing for Southwick, I've ridden it many times and can help make it as realistic as possible.
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Im riding sand tracks every week every year, and believe me, they are like the same as southwick, well the turns are different, but i know how the big holes and the ruts are, there are not many ruts, especcialy at a AMA event, it has to be a smooth track but it must be rough, so call it smooth rough, look at some videos of Jeffrey herlings at Lommel, Valkenswaard and stuff. They are round. Hagg his ruts are amazing, but thats for hardpack track, i love these on freestone and i think you did an awesome job!

I dont understand the complains about traction and stuff, it is sandy right?

PM me if you need some reference about sandtracks, im riding them and im riding dutch championship as well. So i know what sand is :D You could also call some swedish riders, in sweden you have amazing sand tracks!
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

pulse wrote:
barrington314 wrote:the bales are there in real life. and i doubt you can ride through them as well as you can in this game. give it a try once. if its not one thing, its another. wheres brina to bitch about the color of the track?
um in this game. a concrete bale is too much realism.
you can ride through them. so concrete? no.
and if they werent there, what would be stopping people from riding the smooth edge and cutting corners? the yellow track markers are the edge of the track. so stay on track and you wont hit bales. :D

i still like hangtown better. just dont like the high speed sweepers with bumps in them. but if thats how freestone is, then thats how it is. still a good track.
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

i just download the map and save it, but in my personal folder, i don t get a folder created automatically for freestone, neither hangtown.... so i have no place to put the map in a folder?? i only have the saf of freestone high res. do you know how can i do to get a folder of freestone to put the map inside?? thanks for the info.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

toonys66 wrote:i just download the map and save it, but in my personal folder, i don t get a folder created automatically for freestone, neither hangtown.... so i have no place to put the map in a folder?? i only have the saf of freestone high res. do you know how can i do to get a folder of freestone to put the map inside?? thanks for the info.
Go run a race in time trial. it'll create a folder.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

The disp changes how the track feels drastically and trumps the traction in most cases imo
suzukiozark

Post by suzukiozark »

Love this track, ruts are perfect! Great job Hagg, I really hope to see more AMA track from you.
2009 Yamaha YZ250F - Yoshimura RS-4
Justin653

Post by Justin653 »

Good job Hagg. i like it. ruts are fantastic!
Fransoo773

Post by Fransoo773 »

The track is pretty gnar Hagg. However braking bumps are for the entries/exits of corners, and should not appear everywhere on the track. :lol:
Ben Fransoo, OG.
patrickadizzle

Post by patrickadizzle »

Track is absolutely AMAZING.... Great job Hagg. Cannot wait to see your southwick rendition.

This is where MXS tracks should be going, because if you think about it, more and more people are playing this game so it only makes sense to increase the difficulty of the tracks and widen the gap between the players who are somewhat new and have raw speed but cannot really race, and those who have raw speed but can actually race without taking someone out. This track separates the men from boys :D (inb4 Brina joke)

For people having a tough time on this track, here are my suggestions...

- Get a softer/better setup that can handle bumps without bucking you (for example I'm runing 60/80/40 in the the forks and 70/80/40 for the shock)
- Antilock the front brake for this track (you don't have too, but it helps If your struggling)
- Try to carry momentum into the ruts, will make it easier to follow the line
- If you feel yourself being pulled out of a rut into another, just clutch it into the wider one and blast off
- Learn to ease the throttle into turns, lazy throttle control will murder you on this track, you gotta be smooth
- Lean forward when you turn in sections the front may wash out in (yes amazingly some people forget to do this...)

Hitting all the ruts are perfectly is hard but when you do it right man it feels amazing. Just my two cents though !
Accomplishments: Nothing, but i almost win all races in 00, 01, 02, 03
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

People are moaning about the bales the bales are not the problem the problem is is that the track is just not wide enough. other than that, that is my only criticism.
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.