Lakewood 2011 (aka Thunder Valley)

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Nybrok
Team: Privateer

Re: Lakewood 2011 (aka Thunder Valley)

Post by Nybrok »

Thanks yo'll!
Achievements:
-2011 EMF AX champion
-2010 SMA Outdoor champion
-2010 SMA Survival series winner
-2010 MXSON 2nd place (Finland)
Crossman35

Post by Crossman35 »

Best track ever in my opinion !
Amazing job guys :wink:
"Race your life"
Nybrok

Post by Nybrok »

Crossman35 wrote:Best track ever in my opinion !
Amazing job guys :wink:
I gotta agree with you! Just rode 50 mins non stop, i really enjoy riding this track!
Achievements:
-2011 EMF AX champion
-2010 SMA Outdoor champion
-2010 SMA Survival series winner
-2010 MXSON 2nd place (Finland)
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Don't know how accurate that mediafire download counter is, but the track already has 500 downloads. Pretty quick
DK662

Post by DK662 »

Ah finally! Been looking forward to this release since last summer.
Pretty accurate, feels like how the track was for MXON 2010. Just ran a couple races on the mxsp server and wow!, really fun for racing.
Thank You
Mansson#475
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Mansson#475 »

I just rode the best track in MXS history! Thanks DJ and those who has helped him! Amazing! :shock:
Lo2Rider

Post by Lo2Rider »

Track is pretty well done, just 2 things I dislike.

First ; the dirt is a little bit too dark. I know it's like this for real but, ingame, it's not really pleasant, especially for eyes.

Second ; and I was thinking the same about Freestone, I really think straight ruts are missing, like this :
I mean, there is ruts in turns and bumps in breaking zones but there is no straight ruts on some landing / acceleration zone and jump's front, as it is for real when dirt is soft. I think it's a point to improve for MXS tracks in the future.

The rest is good and I will continue enjoying the this track!
Ballsfalsky
Team: Tim Hortons

Post by Ballsfalsky »

Lo2Rider wrote:Track is pretty well done, just 2 things I dislike.

First ; the dirt is a little bit too dark. I know it's like this for real but, ingame, it's not really pleasant, especially for eyes.

Second ; and I was thinking the same about Freestone, I really think straight ruts are missing, like this :
I mean, there is ruts in turns and bumps in breaking zones but there is no straight ruts on some landing / acceleration zone and jump's front, as it is for real when dirt is soft. I think it's a point to improve for MXS tracks in the future.

The rest is good and I will continue enjoying the this track!
When there are semi-deep ruts on landing's and takeoff's, and even down straight's, the track becomes very difficult. I think DJ made this track with the national's in mind, and made it so it had plenty of lines yet was smooth enough to push your hardest all the way around. Go ride sorketorp and tell me if you think that track would be fun online, nevermind with a 40 man gate :roll:
FnF_greg

Post by FnF_greg »

Road the track for some hours, and i must say i really enjoy it.
There's a big variation in lines wich i like. Jumps are okay - i really like the 'stepup' triple :D
Really enjoying those replica series, awesome to race the track yourself in the week and see the pro's go at it on the streams in the weekends!
keep it up!
Axle McOctane

Post by Axle McOctane »

Wow thanks for making this track. It's awesome, almost as good as the other Thunder Valley. Having ridden there several times and been to all of the nationals and mxon there lately, I can say that you really capture the feel of the track. My only critiques would be that some of the bales (on the outsides) or a bit overdone. Also, in real life you can go up the mountain, and not through it into an alternate reality. Also in real life the track is right up against and on the mountain, not distanced a little bit from it. There are a few parts of the track (nearest the mountain) that should be on the mountain and thus be higher in elevation. All in all though, it does have the feel of the real Thunder Valley.

Very nice touch on the dusk version. Even though the night lights were only there for the couple of nationals, and the track had a dif layout for those races. Still glad you made the dusk version, it looks real good and is maybe more fun to play.

Also like how much effort went into making the surroundings looks just like the actual surroundings at the track. The rolling hills in various directions, and the power line,road etc..

The color of the dirt and grass is perfect, both on and off the track
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

this seems an awful lot like my version with ruts and other things added. its fine, im not mad but i would like a little credit if you did use some of my base track.
Baboobeats
Team: MXSP

Post by Baboobeats »

5/5 for me. this thing rides amazing and its really fun! the only problem is that most of the outside lines is mutch slower and harder, i would deff change that a bit. Good job!
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

back sides of the ruts seem to be very slippery, and its king of easy to ride out of ruts, causing me to have alot of 360 power slides. idk why it keeps happening.

i also wish there was a way to make the bikes feel under powered here. kind of like the feeling you get on the triple before finish. feels different in that dip and i like it alot.
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

You guys are like over protective mothers with these haybales. But none the less great job man.
dboivin

Post by dboivin »

anyone got a server up with it running?