Amateur Park (beta)

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
yfz22
Team: Privateer

Amateur Park (beta)

Post by yfz22 »

I have been working on this track for a while, and I think its at the point where it needs some fresh eyes.

Since this is my first attempt at a track I would appreciate it if you guys are truthful about it.... dont sugarcoat it, you wont hurt my feelings, I promise.
I was mostly leaning towards fun and rideable with it, but Im open to any and all suggestions/tips you may have.
Still working on the scale (right now its a little big), decals need some adjusting, and the statues and shadows/shading.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bepc33bodok4s53

Thanks for testing!
juicer731

Re: Amateur Park (beta)

Post by juicer731 »

Super fun track. Not the most realistic but traction is perfect, jumps are big and fun, only thing i can think of is smooth out the braking bumps coming down the downhills. They're sketchy and i crash all the time. Just make them smaller or something. Other than that, its a sick track, good job.
JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Post by JConley691 »

I had a great time riding this track. I would've made it not so wide, but I understand your going for more of a fun-factor here, rather than realism. Great job.
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Post by Scotty226 »

BAD:
this track is way too wide, needs some acceleration bumps out of the corners, better berms and ruts, the supercross bit sucks (no offence), the straights are too long (it is fun though) and some of the jumps are a big big.

GOOD:
the first section is really fun i love it, good braking bumps (not too big) and some good big whip jumps
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Hits
- Use of hills, I really like the floaters with the use of the hills, really take advantage of the use of those big rolling hills with some nice floaters (Like the sky shot as Unadilla)
- Flow, I think it has a lot of potential
- Layout, really digging the layout, a lot of potential in some fun jumps. Don't rush a release on this one, take your time. MXS ain't going anywhere, my problem with tracks was I'd release them too soon. Take your time and really make a good track out of this. If I had more experience with the MXS editor I'd help you out more than just verbal and actually maybe go into the editor and make examples of what to do.
Misses
- I'd sharpen up some of the takeoffs though (Looks to smoothed out everywhere), and also eliminate the SX style sections, totally ruined the flow of the track.
- Make the width 3/4 of what it is now, 1/2 would be just to skinny with how wide open it is.. Also make the braking bumps fade in/face out a little more. I like the way the bike handles in the braking bumps but when coming into the turn they stop abruptly so it really throws you off. Also try to make the ruts/berms a little skinnier, I found myself washing out/sliding out a lot.
- Textures, please get some badass textures and it'll make the ride more enjoyable
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

If you want some suggestions, here :wink:
Curve the starting line to the left instead of this weird right left stuff..
Throw in a nice step up right here off the start
Insert Freestone style sand section here
Don't overdo the SX section
Make the inside a turning roller and the outside a big sweeping berm (If you have that high of skills)
Fun factor = 10 if you put in a nice ski jump after the big hucker!
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

Love your ideas Devin, only if we would have made something like that in MVA :wink:
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
dempamxr
Team: I hate people

Post by dempamxr »

Ddavis awsome thats all i can say :)
kona309

Post by kona309 »

Ddavis wrote:Hits
- Use of hills, I really like the floaters with the use of the hills, really take advantage of the use of those big rolling hills with some nice floaters (Like the sky shot as Unadilla)
- Flow, I think it has a lot of potential
- Layout, really digging the layout, a lot of potential in some fun jumps. Don't rush a release on this one, take your time. MXS ain't going anywhere, my problem with tracks was I'd release them too soon. Take your time and really make a good track out of this. If I had more experience with the MXS editor I'd help you out more than just verbal and actually maybe go into the editor and make examples of what to do.
Misses
- I'd sharpen up some of the takeoffs though (Looks to smoothed out everywhere), and also eliminate the SX style sections, totally ruined the flow of the track.
- Make the width 3/4 of what it is now, 1/2 would be just to skinny with how wide open it is.. Also make the braking bumps fade in/face out a little more. I like the way the bike handles in the braking bumps but when coming into the turn they stop abruptly so it really throws you off. Also try to make the ruts/berms a little skinnier, I found myself washing out/sliding out a lot.
- Textures, please get some badass textures and it'll make the ride more enjoyable
This and the next post made my day.
Fun track, just a bit big.
My stats:http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/3042/
Jones221 wrote:Kona is right.
jlv wrote:If you kids don't knock it off I'm pulling this forum over!
yfz22

Post by yfz22 »

Ddavis - ur awesome!

thanks for all the feedback guys!

sx section did suck - a lot. so thats gone now :D

i will get to work on these other changes and try to post an update (it will be a while tho).

Thanks again!
Chris183
Team: Privateeeeer

Post by Chris183 »

any updates?
Dungey #5
Wilson #15
yfz22

Post by yfz22 »

Chris183 wrote:any updates?
not yet :(

between work, school and racing i havent had much time to do anything with it.

next weeks looking good for it tho!
anger806

Post by anger806 »

absolutely love this track it has excellent flow throughout the course
imrpowers

Post by imrpowers »

Pretty much things that people have already said, some breaking-bump areas are a bit too rough and the scale of the track is too big.
richy34
Team: skt t1

Post by richy34 »

go make some tracks davis ur ideas are sick
#125swag

Uploaded with ImageShack.us