Farm Motocross Beta

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
ShowtimeMx

Farm Motocross Beta

Post by ShowtimeMx »

Here is a track that factorybr and I have been working on for sometime now, and i figured i would get some public opinion on it before we put the final touches on it.

Warning:
this is not an amateur track it is very hard and if you havent been playing mx sim for very long this track is guranteed to frustrate you!

that being said, this track can be wicked fun with the different lines you can take and different types of jumps, oh and on the one set of rythums if you can triple in and then double out you can officially call yourself a pro rider of mx sim i have made it maybe 4 or 5 times. and when you do land it your freakin stoked. (its the rythums after the escavator, back part of the track.)

factory and i have had a lot of fun making it so download and let us know what ya think.

Track:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zzmim3wdkmz

"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
nickmx
Team: Privateer

Re: Farm Motocross Beta

Post by nickmx »

im getting white tex in the middle of the track
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

My water is appearing white, but thats because I'm using a different reflection. It appears that you are using a single face for the water plane. I suggest subdividing this to make it at least 16 faces, then lift and lower some vertices slightly. Set the faces to smooth. This will chop up the reflection and give it a better water look, and will reduce the size of the reflection on the water.

The displacement map of the track is quite good, there isn't anything that I can pick out on it really. I hope they aren't the final textures, they can be done much better. And I know Factory is involved with the textures, because no matter how many times I tell him that textures need to be a power of 2, he does not listen (this is referring to the rut1, rut2 etc images)

Those trees annoy me. This track could do with some 3d trees.

Needs to be more farmy, hopefully you get some animals.

If you guys need any help with anything, I'm more than willing to help. Two things I can help with- Skybox, and collision for the barn and wooden thing at the beginning of the track. Just shoot me a PM.
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

Pics look nice, but I get a non-power of 2 warning on about 4 or 5 different textures, and the actual racing track is all white, while outside of the track is the way its suppose to be.

My starting gates are also the default gates, not like the ones in your pics. I am assuming there is some sort of model/texture pack that I need to download that is not being included in the tracks?

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

You can only have one gate model, that affects every track. Here are some released gates-

CPT Slow's old style gates
download/file.php?id=448

DDMX's New style gates
http://www.mediafire.com/?9jnnizmdz1a
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

Ah ok. I thought maybe it would be something track-specific. I don't want to change the gates on EVERY track.

Any clue on the white textures? It appears to be missing decals, because it is only the racing line that is white. Outside of the racing line everything is fine.

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

It could be that your computer doesn't like the fact that it is a non-power-of-2 texture
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Non power of 2 textures are scaled up to the next power of 2. So even though it's wasteful it should still work.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I see. Well, I was just looking in the saf file, some images are called Dirt#.png, whilst others are dirt#.png. Then, in the decals files, only dirt#.png was used. Maybe your computers can't find it because of the capital?
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

DJ wrote:My water is appearing white, but thats because I'm using a different reflection. It appears that you are using a single face for the water plane. I suggest subdividing this to make it at least 16 faces, then lift and lower some vertices slightly. Set the faces to smooth. This will chop up the reflection and give it a better water look, and will reduce the size of the reflection on the water.

The displacement map of the track is quite good, there isn't anything that I can pick out on it really. I hope they aren't the final textures, they can be done much better. And I know Factory is involved with the textures, because no matter how many times I tell him that textures need to be a power of 2, he does not listen (this is referring to the rut1, rut2 etc images)

Those trees annoy me. This track could do with some 3d trees.

Needs to be more farmy, hopefully you get some animals.

If you guys need any help with anything, I'm more than willing to help. Two things I can help with- Skybox, and collision for the barn and wooden thing at the beginning of the track. Just shoot me a PM.
About how many times you told me about power of two man , its very old textures that i told to showtime try out
Actually i'm only making 1024x1204 textures so calm down :wink: and about farmy yeah we are gonna make it really like a farm i hope so but the fac that everybody have crap computers make it even harder , is impossible make a good model with 500polys , maybe with more skills but thats not me
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Jack 984

Post by Jack 984 »

Link not workin for me.
DW434

Post by DW434 »

wow how did you get so good at all this im still impressed from our first cartel bike to the new skins and tracks
"90% of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra

MXS Online Racing #434
The Whole Mxs Community wrote:Take off the kidney belt shading
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I have an idea for the farm animals. The cow billboard from DJs Oakcrest Hill.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Yeah Puma , the best way should be billaboards but i really wanted have some models of animals would be awesome :D
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
kwic73

Post by kwic73 »

this track is not even hard wat are you talking about