2012 Red Bud MotoSport rF National by Giopanda

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
BraapBraap

Re: 2012 Red Bud MotoSport rF National by Giopanda

Post by BraapBraap »

Yah it's a bit rough...
Will Johns | Privateer
yamaha#521

Post by yamaha#521 »

Come on download.... How can i spend my 12 minutes faster?? (Yes i know 12 minutes is long.)
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Shadows for the bumps aren't enough. You can cross rut or get kicked by something you don't even see. Speaking of, how about some smoothing? Red Bud has added tons of sand so all the square edges are pretty rough but no where near what you have. The scale of the jumps feels okay but I would make the track path wider.

It will be a great track for screenshots and is a great looking track. My computer can handle it but I'm not sure with 39 other people it will.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
yamaha#521

Post by yamaha#521 »

Oh, and for people who say that this is way too hard, try shadow's tracks.
Foffel
Team: Privateer

Post by Foffel »

Sick track, but honestly, abit too rough ;S
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

yamaha#521 wrote:Oh, and for people who say that this is way too hard, try shadow's tracks.
LOL
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
Norcal_51
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Norcal_51 »

I agree with Pumaxcs, I keep getting kicked over the bars by bumps I can't see.
Cooter181
Team: 180 Decals/TwerkTeam

Post by Cooter181 »

yamaha#521 wrote:Oh, and for people who say that this is way too hard, try shadow's tracks.
Making a track almost un-rideable isn't the basis of a "Sim", it isn't anywhere near as hard to get around an MX track IRL as it is this track. Not trying to take a poke at you, but, these tracks need to be a bit more realistic for massive events like this. My .02
Zach_496

Post by Zach_496 »

It doesn't need to be extremely rough and realistic, this is a video game. While it should be a little rough to be somewhat hard, video games are supposed to be fun. This track is not, it is way over rough and the ruts are too tall and pointy. The track sucks overall and needs a fix right now
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Zach_496 wrote:The track sucks overall and needs a fix right now
--editor
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

Before anything you deserve a ton of respect for this track. Amazing work
Pumaxcs wrote:Shadows for the bumps aren't enough. You can cross rut or get kicked by something you don't even see. Speaking of, how about some smoothing? Red Bud has added tons of sand so all the square edges are pretty rough but no where near what you have. The scale of the jumps feels okay but I would make the track path wider.

It will be a great track for screenshots and is a great looking track. My computer can handle it but I'm not sure with 39 other people it will.
Pretty much sums up my feelings. Your disp map work is amazing and nobody can dispute it. The visuals again are amazing. But being one of the slower riders and also being a keyboard player this track just isn't very much fun.

On the other side I know most people are going to love this track and its completely deserving for any and all praise it gets.
VanHallin#28
Team: TSR

Post by VanHallin#28 »

I really don't see why everyone is complaining so much. I've done about 10 laps on it, the first 3 were a nightmare, but once you figure out your lines and actually spend some time taking a look at the track and learning it, its fine. I think it's actually getting more and more fun as I ride it. You just need to ride the track a little and not be so quick to say "Oh, this track sucks". Great job Gio and thank you to everyone who helped out. :)
yamirider517

Post by yamirider517 »

I lagg so bad here, like I get higher fps on Sorketorp Enduro then this ...
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

Pumaxcs wrote:Shadows for the bumps aren't enough. You can cross rut or get kicked by something you don't even see. Speaking of, how about some smoothing? Red Bud has added tons of sand so all the square edges are pretty rough but no where near what you have. The scale of the jumps feels okay but I would make the track path wider.

| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
Mr.Two

Post by Mr.Two »

VanHallin#28 wrote:I really don't see why everyone is complaining so much. I've done about 10 laps on it, the first 3 were a nightmare, but once you figure out your lines and actually spend some time taking a look at the track and learning it, its fine. I think it's actually getting more and more fun as I ride it. You just need to ride the track a little and not be so quick to say "Oh, this track sucks". Great job Gio and thank you to everyone who helped out. :)
Personal preference of what people want from Mxs is the deciding factor on it. The people who want an extremely rough and difficult track will love this. The people who want a freeway will likely hate it and disrespect Gio for it. People like me who want a realistic scaled track with a moderate roughness(examples being Freestone or Budds) are going to like the track but not find much fun here.