Applegate SX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Applegate SX

Post by BuddyTheElf »

This is my first track release for mx sim. It's a supercross practice track.

Please let me know what I can improve on for my next release.

Thanks to:
Dj for the dirt decal and shadow tutorial
yFMX for the road decal
Poidog for his tutorials
LucMX23 for beta testing

PureMXS link: http://puremxs.com/Tracks/TrackViewer.aspx?TrackID=536

Mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/?z55q25qk55lkbey
rafagas

Re: Applegate SX

Post by rafagas »

Pretty fun track!

Did you take the skybox from my track? (RPM test track). It looks like you didn't change the lighting file. Look at the sun and the shadows of the track. I don't know how to explain it properly in english, but the shadows produced by the jumps and terrain elevation are in front of the sun, in a wrong orientation. Damn, it's hard to explain... I hope you understand what mean.

I would have made the terrain bigger because the triple section is very close to the edge. Or maybe add some trees or something.

Good job. :)
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

You mean the shadows are facing the wrong direction compared to the position of the sun in the sky. I took the skybox from the suzuki test track and just copied all of the numbers from the lighting file from that track too. I sort of realised it was wrong after I rendered the shadows but I hoped no one would notice haha If I just rotate the skybox will that fix the problem?

Yeh I mentioned about the terrain size in the description on pure, just a rookie mistake :lol:

Thanks for the feedback.
MrMx198
Team: FlowTech

Post by MrMx198 »

sick track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks :D
juicer731

Post by juicer731 »

Really fun track, and looks pretty cool too. Only thing is the start is really weird with that tight corner IMO, and when the track loads up I'm not even near the gates, I'm like 10 feet away. Lol idk what happened.
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

I didnt plan the track before I made it so ran out of space to make a better start. If you want to be right at the gate then start in gates 1,2,3 or 4.
juicer731

Post by juicer731 »

Oh yeah forgot about that. Haha and no problem with the start, I actually kinda like it, since this track is like a private style track, it makes more sense.
dionhuybers
Team: AMJ Graphixx

Post by dionhuybers »

Personally i think it is the best Supercross track that i ever drive in MXS! its super fun easy but whit some difficult sections to! Only one thing to say: Great job mate! keep up this good work, i look forward to ride more of these bad boys! :D

greetz, DionHuybers :D
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

pretty good job. just seemed a little slippery to me. but it rides well. that one section is no doubt out of this years atlanta. the table to table to table thing...
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

barrington314 wrote:pretty good job. just seemed a little slippery to me. but it rides well. that one section is no doubt out of this years atlanta. the table to table to table thing...
Some times I would think the traction was a bit slippery and then other times it didnt seem too bad at all. I suppose I ran so many laps of the track when I was building it that I got used to it. The tilemap I used is from Checkerz Winter Indoor tracks, I'll try and find a slightly grippier one for the corners on my next release.

Yep you got it. I actually made a slightly higher takeoff on one side so that you could jump and land on the downside of the first table to add more options but I ended up taking it out again.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

lol. i knew it. thats the track i used when i tested out the new erode. so i have tons of laps on it.
but yea, traction wasnt terribly bad.
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

yep buddy, remember me ?
The track on the pic looks cool and fun, i'm not in my house but i'm gonna try it tommorow !
see ya
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
dionhuybers

Post by dionhuybers »

rafagas wrote: Or maybe add some trees or something.

I think it is more fun without trees, almost every track has trees and i think it makes this track better then other tracks.
rafagas

Post by rafagas »

BuddyTheElf wrote: If I just rotate the skybox will that fix the problem?

I'm not sure about that. It may work but make sure to rotate the sky_u too.
PONZA77

Post by PONZA77 »

nice track buddy!i like it,the only thing im not so fan its like barrington already said,its a bit too slippery ...keep it up i looking forward for your next release!
cheers