Arenacross BETA *pic inside* (new version of beta inside)

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
D2k

Arenacross BETA *pic inside* (new version of beta inside)

Post by D2k »

This is my first ever track that I have released to the public. I got the inspiration to make it because I saw arenacross on tv today and didn't see any tracks on here like it. It has the general layout, straight, whoops, rythym, catapult. All the jumps carry you in the air for an accurate amount of time and the distances are pretty spot on i think. I changed the whoops though! They are more of a wavey section than the typical steep short whoops in real life. I just think these are more user friendly. If you want more realistic whoops, I can change that in a minute.

I really have no idea how to work with decals, billboards, stadiums, etc. That's where I need some of you pro creators to help me out! ;)

So I need two things.

Do you like these whoops or do you want really hard but real whoops?

and I need help on making this track come to life.

Thanks and enjoy! :mrgreen:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c254 ... f6e8ebb871

(hope that works)

Last edited by D2k on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RaNDoM HeRO
Team: Privateer

Re: Arenacross BETA *pic inside*

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

i think its fun i like the whoops cause i can double them and those are funner... the only thing i seen wrong was the starting gates place them more to the left cause i started on the far right and i didnt know what to do haha
kawirider238

Post by kawirider238 »

That's a fun track but if you can remember they were tripling in and out of that rythm section. And I just couldn't seem to get it.Other than that it's pretty good.
D2k

Post by D2k »

well i redid the rythym section and the whoops. you can double double double or triple triple the rythym now. It's pretty easy but kinda technical too. and the whoops can be doubled/tripled/skimmed. (i also made the catapult a little harder) I need feedback please. I'll redo the whole track if I have to

Try this one out:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zytnwnl4een

dearnhardtfan7

Re: Arenacross BETA *pic inside* (new version of beta inside)

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

rythem section is better I could acutally do a 4-2 the first time lol. Whoops are better but to me just a little too far apart and too rolled. If you squeeze the tops closer together then make the space on the bottom a little longer they may be more skimmable(word?) if you get what I mean. I also did the timing gates file for you. You probably should change the folder name to something without capitals and spaces also. I don't remember if its still a problem but the game doesn't like spaces and caps for whatever reason. You can make a new file in whatever text editor you use and put what you want the track to show up as in the in game menu, then save the file into your folder and named desc. Track is coming along very well for your first one though. Good job

http://www.mediafire.com/file/numjzwyod ... g_gates.7z
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
kwic73

Re: Arenacross BETA *pic inside* (new version of beta inside)

Post by kwic73 »

haha i think we watched the same arenacross because i remeber the track layout very good 4 first track