Out Door Sx FINISHED

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Judan

Out Door Sx FINISHED

Post by Judan »

well some of you have seen the beta and here is the finished version..

I've change a few things
:
- put on tyre mark type things to make the track look like its not brand new
- change the sand section a slight bit
-touched up the jumps
-put shrub's / grass
-creek type thing
-mountians around the sides to give it a beter look

Thanks to a few people for testing the track :
-beau
-mxbiker
-mikey
( Just say if ive missed any of you out and ill add you in )

Sorry to say but i cant be botherd using puremxs so anyone that gets pissed i grant you permision to use your acount to put it on...
and no i dont think puremxs is a waste it neaten's things up :)

Anyway have fun, comment back, and here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/?gelz3mmwxqd
thanks yomo :)
P.s Just for you DJ i put the textures to a power of 2
Last edited by Judan on Fri May 01, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yomo

Re: Out Door Sx FINISHED

Post by yomo »

Ok heres what i think...

I didn't download the new version but i assume is almost identical to the Proper one. Not that it will make huge difference to my general comments.

It is actually a fun track BUT...

1. Its scaled WAY to big. The jumps are 17 foot high and one of them is 200 foot long. (That is as high as a 2 story building your about to launch off)
2. The rhythms are good IF you have the speed. If you lose any speed you just have to roll every other jump (Because it is scaled to big)
3. No timing gates (At least in the beta) - No lap times or time trials
4. One of the triples you cant even roll the first jump and make the (what should be a 20 foot gap but it more like 60) to the down ramp

It really is just a easy "pinned the entire way" track which is designed so that you just hold the throttle and you should land everything smack bang every time.

So in future.
Measure your jumps to a realistic length, make the heights a more realistic height and make sure you can make multiple rhythms from a virtual stand still. PM me if you need all the correct heights etc.

Overall out of 10
2/10 if you were trying to make it realistic
6/10 if you were just making it fun with no realistic approach at all.

Keep it up though... I do like you effort around here. Not afraid to try everything :D
Judan

Post by Judan »

umm just to clear up a few of it i aim on just making the track fun and i would never guesed that the jumps are 2 storys tal :s either the rider is masive or my eyes are rooted anyway the new one has timeing gates etc everything every other track has and also have a go at whiping the jumps there all made for whipping i forgot to add that in the description
yomo

Post by yomo »

Alright yeah fair enough...

Here is the link if anyone wants it...

http://www.mediafire.com/?gelz3mmwxqd
RaNDoM HeRO
Team: Privateer

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

AHHH i want that gear!!! its killin me! haha
makita

Post by makita »

how do u make a persinal folder
trail_boss2

Post by trail_boss2 »

makita wrote:how do u make a persinal folder
Its already made when you install the game.

Click on your start menu and go to the menu for MX Simulator and there should be a link to the personal folder in there (Assuming you have Vista). Paste the folder that you unzip from the file you download into that folder.

There are FAQs stickied at the top of the forums as well that should help you with questions on how to install tracks, skins, models, etc.

Here is the link to the FAQ - http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... f=1&t=1212

As for this track, I cant stop playing it. Ive probably put 100 laps in so far.
Judan

Post by Judan »

thanks glad you like it :)
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Loving the track, played it for hours :)
Dunno why, its just really fun..
And what tree pack is that? Cus I cant get the trees to show up
Judan

Post by Judan »

the new one by DJ if you can see the tree wal then you should have the pack other wise ask ill have a look for the link
makita

Post by makita »

i deleted it by asident
Judan

Post by Judan »

make another
russ190
Team: Privateer

Post by russ190 »

i really enjoy the track. I dont think it was scalled wrong at all. Its no where near "pin it the entire way" because i have to let off the gas to not over jump. Its an easy track to learn the different lines. thought it was a good track. Keep up the good work
Judan

Post by Judan »

thanks im gald more than just one person likes it ;p
yomo

Post by yomo »

russ190 wrote:i really enjoy the track. I dont think it was scalled wrong at all. Its no where near "pin it the entire way" because i have to let off the gas to not over jump. Its an easy track to learn the different lines. thought it was a good track. Keep up the good work
Depends what lines you are taking
On the table top section do you go single-table-table-single? or jump then entire table and jump out again?
If you do the later you are on the gas then entire way with no breaks

The next section you hold it flat over the whoops and then jump almost all the sand again not letting off the throttle.
Around the berm you have to be pinning it to make the triple triple and if you stuff up either you must roll everything (Because it is scaled to high and the bike cannot jump 60 foot from rest)

Again around the out side pinning it to make the triple or quad i think it is... THEN!!!!!! you can let off the throttle for the small double but back on again when you want to make the huge quad. Double out and around another berm.

Then probably the first jump where you can be moderate to make the fast line. Over the double launch the table and hit the berm hard to get a decent line through the sand.

Then through the sand pinning the entire way and launch the jump to make the quad or 5 jump if you game.
Hit the double then pin it along the entire straight to make it to the down ramp.

"Ok and thats 1 fast lap around the track with yomo"

Now i do like this track it is fun, but i dont see how its not overly scaled and just pin it everywhere.