MotoOption TC Entry - Hillside Playground

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

MotoOption TC Entry - Hillside Playground

Post by checkerz »

Track Name: Hillside Playground
Track Picture:
Track Description:
Deep within the hills of southern california lays a very special place. Chocolate cake dirt and a track carved from the natural terrain. Previously open only to local homies, now open to the public for one weekend only thanks to guys over at MotoOption

Credits:
DJ99x- decals, tutorials
haaqvist- bales
mona- motooption motorhome
unknown- flaggerhut
Other notes: I made this track mainly on a 450 so I feel its the best fit on the track. Theres a few fun transfers if you can find them and the steep hip jump is really good for oppo whips.
Track Map:

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/op9b7r9f71l7g ... ground.rar

checkerz wrote:Score - Category
12 - Fun Factor (0-15)
The obvious focus on this track, and it was a glaring success in this category. It may not be pretty, but damn this track is fun from the first time you oppowhip the wall. I love the poppy lips and abrupt elevation changes. The track is definitely fun.

1 - Environment (0-10)
Normally I would comment on this track, "Finish your track and I'll finish my review." Unfortunately, this is contest and I don't get to do that. Had you even TRIED on the environment, the fun factor could have easily carried this track way up the rankings in this competition. Instead, you're left battling for last. There are 100 times better on track decals out there to choose from, and atleast take the time to let them match up! Billborad trees take a click of the mouse, not that difficult and it would've improved the look a ton. Both of those things could've taken 15-20 minutes. It's a shame. Or I would've rewarded you huge had you made it look exactly like a stock track environment. I gave you one sympathy point for at least placing decals.

4 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
I almost counted leaving out all the freaking objects and environment as being creative... but I didn't. It's not overly real, the wall jump was definitely creative and the base terrain also was pretty cool and scored you a few points.

Comments to the creator:
The fact is, I actually love this track. I look forward to racing on it. If it was released for Local Series, it'd be a sure hit... but this is a track contest and your complete lack of an environment makes it a complete failure in that realm. I've seen 30 minute track comp tracks look better than this.

- Total points
yzmxer608 wrote:Score - Category
13 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Easily one of the most fun displacements, especially when riding online. Huge booters and oppo whip jumps with big drop offs and step-ups are fun

1 - Environment (0-10)
Not sure why you didn't try more to get some sort of an environment on this track, besides decals. Even just taking the lighting file from another sky to get rid of the stock skybox would have helped it a lot.

5 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
The track has a big scale to it, but I felt like the big scale was used well with the jumps and still rideable. Some of the sections seemed pretty creative, but the track itself is not very realistic.

Comments to the creator:
A really fun track but no effort put into environment, if this track wasn't so fun to ride it wouldn't have anything going for it. Put more effort and time into your tracks and they will be tons better, the track being fun is the hard part which it seems like you have down.

19 - Total points
Pumaxcs wrote:Score - Category
14 - Fun Factor (0-15)
If I said this wasn't fun I'd be lying. On our times that we got together on a server and played the tracks I was always excited to see this one come up on rotation. Track flows so well and has some of the best jumps out of the competition.

1 - Environment (0-10)
Unfortunately that is all the track has going for it. I gave you a point for atleast using decals but I mean, tree's, some grass planes, and a skybox could have made this worlds better.

3- Creativity and realism (0-10)
Creativity, well, I sure didn't expect to see a track like this. The scale is definitely a 1:fun scale and it truly captures it well but I can't in good conscience give this a high score.

Comments to the creator:
The track is fun, spend 30 more minutes on the environment next time and make us all happy.

18 - Total points
Phathry25 wrote:Score - Category
12 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Great fun. Traction is about perfect, and the jumps are mostly great. Some of the jumps felt a little awkward and were hard to time. I like how you used the hills and big drop offs to control the pace in some sections while others were WFO and fun.

2 - Environment (0-10)
It's not as bad as Checkerz is trying to make it sound, but still pretty bad. A little effort here would have gone a long ways, even a few trees and some 3d grass would have spruced it up a whole lot. That little bit of effort would have netted you a few more points all around

3 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
This seems like a great old school 30 minute track contest track, before everyone just tried to make an obstacle course in 30 minutes. But nothing is really that creative or realistic. You didn't try to sell your theme in any way at all, other than having the dirt be dark. So I am giving you 3 points for that because I like my dirt like I like my women, dark.

Comments to the creator:
it hurts me to score this track so lowly.

17 - Total points
dani22

Re: MotoOption TC Entry - Hillside Playground

Post by dani22 »

I just quitted it when i saw that mega ramps. Also some decals i think it is, was a bit missed. Well, i just tryed that wall jump like 10 times and tryed to do a double backflip, that's the one thing i liked haha
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Loved the ideas here, a few jumps to kick you a lil but thats ok. Lots of oppos going on here!
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
MinnesotaMX
Team: TwistMoto

Post by MinnesotaMX »

Wasn't a huge fan of this one, I can get on board with the fun factor of the track, but it's not my style of a pure "for fun" track. Still a pretty fun play though.
checkerz wrote:The MXS Forums - Where people think it's cool to be an asshole.
MinnesotaMX wrote:Arrogance runs wild a midst the MXS forums.
motochris192

Post by motochris192 »

Re upload?
KAWASAKIZ
Team: Privateer

Post by KAWASAKIZ »

need a new link plzz
I5 4460 @3.2Ghz (Stock), 8Gb Ram (4x2) HyperX Fury @1600 mhz, H81M Plus, XFX RX 470 4Gb Black Edition, Corsair VS650w, Apevia X-Hermes (soon 750D)
DHelton654
Team: MXSgamers

Post by DHelton654 »

new link?
tryston25

Post by tryston25 »

New link?
Walker_Hiles
Team: Privateer