2014 MotoOption Supercross Rd 4 - Oakland

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Jamie T
Team: Privateer

Re: 2014 MotoOption Supercross Rd 4 - Oakland

Post by Jamie T »

barrington314 wrote:Find me these current sx maps with measurements that you speak of.
http://archives.amasupercross.com/xml/s ... ackmap.pdf

Some years it's a struggle to find maps with measurements, but it's not like the designs are completely re-invented from year to year. Most of the time, the measurements you see on one map can be applied to another. From that, and by looking at pictures from the real life event, google earth images of the stadiums, you can start to deduce the size of tuff blocks and things like that.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

And he delivers. Nice. Yea, Ive obviously seen the older tracks. I have the one that A2 was based off of (2001 A1) but its not nearly as easy to read as what you just posted. Are there more like that? Maybe of a football stadium one?
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

I see how you found them now. Not all of them have distances, but this one helps out even more to me. Has more typical stuff. http://archives.amasupercross.com/2012/04/trackmap.pdf
Theres even a MEC map with some measurements. Thats cool. The maps for this year are also nicer than what were were working with, but looks like you cant access those until the day of the race.
Jamie T

Post by Jamie T »

barrington314 wrote:And he delivers. Nice. Yea, Ive obviously seen the older tracks. I have the one that A2 was based off of (2001 A1) but its not nearly as easy to read as what you just posted. Are there more like that? Maybe of a football stadium one?
It's a bit of a lottery to be honest... If you go here > http://archives.amasupercross.com/ most of the track maps from the past 5 or 6 years are on there. Any older than that, you'll probably be out of luck finding any track map at all. The live timing site seems to be the only place to find decent sized track maps from Dirt Wurx. Unfortunately they don't put them online until raceday.. :(
checkerz wrote: Sounds like you have everything you need to build way better tracks at a way better scale. No one is stopping you.

The new Hangtown is 1:1.1. So is Millville.
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass by the way, or trying to discredit your work. From what I see and hear, you guys have been getting a lot of shit for the designs this year, as JLV has passed on the torch to you guys, and you've taken up a big responsiblity and a lot of pressure on your shoulders. I just wanted to make the point that going to a real life scale, would give you the power of logic, to simply say, "measurements are measurements - this is how it is in real life - end of story."

Thanks for the info on the nationals! That's pretty close then! :) Only 10% out - good to see!
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Jamie T wrote:
barrington314 wrote:And he delivers. Nice. Yea, Ive obviously seen the older tracks. I have the one that A2 was based off of (2001 A1) but its not nearly as easy to read as what you just posted. Are there more like that? Maybe of a football stadium one?
It's a bit of a lottery to be honest... If you go here > http://archives.amasupercross.com/ most of the track maps from the past 5 or 6 years are on there. Any older than that, you'll probably be out of luck finding any track map at all. The live timing site seems to be the only place to find decent sized track maps from Dirt Wurx. Unfortunately they don't put them online until raceday.. :(
checkerz wrote: Sounds like you have everything you need to build way better tracks at a way better scale. No one is stopping you.

The new Hangtown is 1:1.1. So is Millville.
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass by the way, or trying to discredit your work. From what I see and hear, you guys have been getting a lot of shit for the designs this year, as JLV has passed on the torch to you guys, and you've taken up a big responsiblity and a lot of pressure on your shoulders. I just wanted to make the point that going to a real life scale, would give you the power of logic, to simply say, "measurements are measurements - this is how it is in real life - end of story."

Thanks for the info on the nationals! That's pretty close then! :) Only 10% out - good to see!
You're just a victim in the crossfire. If the community wants to throw crap out there like immature idiots, I'm doing the same right back. It's the only way to keep it light hearted enough for me to continue honestly.

Sucks, we're in a bit of a no win situation. JLV set the bar really high, we're just trying to do our best to not drop the torch.
Viriya

Post by Viriya »

checkerz wrote: You're just a victim in the crossfire. If the community wants to throw crap out there like immature idiots, I'm doing the same right back. It's the only way to keep it light hearted enough for me to continue honestly.

Sucks, we're in a bit of a no win situation. JLV set the bar really high, we're just trying to do our best to not drop the torch.
Just focus on the things people are doing instead of the things they say. (Aka the thousands of laps people ride on your track weekly :wink: ). Like in every game, the most whiny people are found on the game boards.

I like the track 8)
MFjeldbu
Team: MF-RACING

Post by MFjeldbu »

To be honest, i love the new sx tracks. Moastly becuase they flow so good damn good, and the racing is so close. With a bigger and wider track, everyone has a chance to make those quadsand tripples out off corners. And with the controller setup i have, it's realy hard to shift gear while i seat bounce++
as for JLV's tracks, where you have to slide in corner and shift up on takeoffs to clear a tripple.

so good job this year, close racing is always fun, and this is gonna be a fun year for sure
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Hey Chris, sorry for my bitching earlier in the week. Once I got the hang of the track down it rides great. Looking forward to the night show tonight, first rF race this year for me.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

All track this year have blown.....

Other tracks away. Track crew killing it week in week out
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Evo997

Post by Evo997 »

No AWood, all of the tracks this year are great, and they keep getting better.
Prada wrote:I spent 5 minutes plunging my toilet today.
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything MiNi says.
Halvorson

Post by Halvorson »

AWood wrote:All track this year have blown.....

jbrandmx85

Post by jbrandmx85 »

I think sx tracks this year have been great. My only complaint is that I think the triples on this weeks track are way too overscaled. Track is still really fun though and if that's the direction the tracks go and stay then everyone will just get used to it anyways. Just glad we get replicated tracks every week.
cloud_2901
Team: Complete newbie

Post by cloud_2901 »

I always hate the tracks when they come out.

Then I man up, realise they probably aren't going to change it just for me, because I'm not actually special, and refer to http://rule5.org/
Creiz89
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by Creiz89 »

I feel so embarrassed for all these guys whining about a really good track! Thank you so much for the time youre putting in, week after week! I´m having a blast!
JNR Motorsports
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

AWood wrote:All track this year have blown.....

Evo997 wrote:No AWood, all of the tracks this year are great, and they keep getting better.

R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463