Mario Kart - Rainbow Road

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
AntonioPallares
Team: TGM Design

Re: Mario Kart - Rainbow Road

Post by AntonioPallares »

Hi, i dont see the decals, anyone knows how to fix it?
https://imgur.com/a/YXdaA9G
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

AntonioPallares wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:11 pm Hi, i dont see the decals, anyone knows how to fix it?
Maybe if you go into setting and change graphics to "Compatibility Mode" and restart the game it might work. I've had to do that with some older tracks.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:48 pm
AntonioPallares wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:11 pm Hi, i dont see the decals, anyone knows how to fix it?
Maybe if you go into setting and change graphics to "Compatibility Mode" and restart the game it might work. I've had to do that with some older tracks.
I tried a few different things with my graphics to see if your theory was right, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the terrain updates that have been rolling out. I didn't nail down a specific snapshot but after returning to the 1.13 update the decals showed up again.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Thanks. It's nice to see someone post the solution instead of being left wondering what it was. I haven't tried older tracks in a long time. I think I went through and cleaned out all the tracks except for the mandatory minimums for the online servers.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I had a look at it and it doesn't actually use decals aside from the finish line. It uses a hand drawn shading file to color the track, which the game ignores when using shaders. If you wanted to get it working on new versions of the game you could probably convert the shading.ppm file to a decal.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
sethypeety
Team: SpitFire Aprilia

Post by sethypeety »

Put these files in the rainbow road folder to see the track textures

https://www.mediafire.com/file/q3du86sq ... n.zip/file