2014 Motosport rF National Rd01: Glen Helen

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
jox72

Re: 2014 Motosport rF National Rd01: Glen Helen

Post by jox72 »

Never though this track would be fun but it really is! Thanks a lot :)
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

You guys nailed it. Not that I've ever been to Glen Helen, but this is exactly how I imagined it. Awesome job everyone.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

SMR 510RR wrote:Full run down on the MX2014 quality packs for anyone who is wondering:
Ultra-Everything full resolution including the full sized 4096x2048 Semi Skins
High-Everything full resolution except for the Semi Skins (2048x1024)
Medium-1/2 sized everything from High version
Low-1/2 sized everything from Medium version

High is really all you need (even medium should look good), it should still look great but save some memory on the graphics card. Ultra is more for single player/filming definitely not for racing unless you got a titan or something with tons of vram (even then if you are loading skins and stuff you are going to drop frame rate badly).
KaseoDip wrote:Am I the only one who absolutely cannot see the braking bumps? Let alone the ruts?
Try turning off the shaders, it is a little bit easier to see without them but they are so sick I made Barrington leave them in. Sorry!
Bumping this just so it's not totally lost in the topic (should really put it in the first post). I'm running high/high and seems ok. I see the ultra version as virtually useless though, the semis don't need to be that high res there's no point to it... Also turned shaders off and didn't really notice a difference in the looks of the track (thanks for doing Shading X2 so this is an option).

I think the rough isn't bad, I just seriously dislike all the tiny rough/chop stuff that is on the whole track. It's so small it just feels like chatter and your rear wheel can never hook up, it just skips along the tops of it making it so much easier to slide out. Overall it just doesn't add to the "omg Glen Helen is so rough" feeling, it's just annoying.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
rf36

Post by rf36 »

Good job guys! I love this track!!
                    • [list][list][list][list][list][list]i5 4690K, Gigabyte GTX 970, CM690III
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
skyzen
Team: IZI Racing

Post by skyzen »

nice track but can we have a very very low version?
1st 2014 Motosport Outdoor Nationals presented by One Industries
1st 2018 Race Tech North American Nationals
1st 2018 MotoOption Pro Supercross
1st 2019 MotoOption Pro National
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

See I was having an issue with lag around the hills no matter what i did to my settings and i was using low, and low. so after seeing robert post and say high track and medium object was a lot better (maybe just for the graphical looks of the track idk), but I went ahead and tried switching to that now I have no lag at all. Can anyone elaborate on this as to why this is? I've actually had this problem a few times before and I could never understand why I could turn my graphics all the way down and nothing make a difference, but then get high res track and crank up the graphics and it be silky smooth. CPU is amd fx-6300 at 4.2ghz and GPU is a gtx770 SC ACX.
SCOTTFMX14
Team: Night Riders Racing

Post by SCOTTFMX14 »

really nice work ! beautiful track
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

FlyinHigh wrote:See I was having an issue with lag around the hills no matter what i did to my settings and i was using low, and low. so after seeing robert post and say high track and medium object was a lot better (maybe just for the graphical looks of the track idk), but I went ahead and tried switching to that now I have no lag at all. Can anyone elaborate on this as to why this is? I've actually had this problem a few times before and I could never understand why I could turn my graphics all the way down and nothing make a difference, but then get high res track and crank up the graphics and it be silky smooth. CPU is amd fx-6300 at 4.2ghz and GPU is a gtx770 SC ACX.
I am not sure but it is for sure something that we will look into. I know that the low track uses billboard stakes instead of statue, not sure if that is actually worse for performance or what. With my 4gb 770sc I was running high/high in the server yesterday with 20+ people no problem using the default compatibility settings.

If anyone is experiencing issues with low/low try out a couple other combinations to see if one magically works.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

If you have your graphics really low, then you'll be constantly loading new LODs and such, whichcan sometimes slow youdiwn more so than simply running a higher setting.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Brilliant track.

Much relief it's not dumbed down for the casual spode to hotlap, very nice.

Whip train L1 on the huge quad!!!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Mikey wrote:Brilliant track.

Agreed :) looks like i have a jump for style check every moto
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

QUESTION!

How come i can run this track perfectly in single player (All high res and full graphics) but when i play it online i get 8fps solid!?!? I get this with Budds creek 2013 as well...
Boogie_Man

Post by Boogie_Man »

This is spot on, just watched JG33's lap around it and it is really, really good. I hope this is just the beginning of all the nats to come. GREAT GREAT JOB
eff all the haters as you should've made a gio panda red budd rough version for all the haters lol.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

damon99 wrote:QUESTION!

How come i can run this track perfectly in single player (All high res and full graphics) but when i play it online i get 8fps solid!?!? I get this with Budds creek 2013 as well...
Probably because you are maxing out your vram and it is having to swap textures on the fly. If you are running ultra/high try high/high or high/medium. Reducing the graphics settings for textures will also help.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

AWood wrote:
Mikey wrote:Brilliant track.

Agreed :) looks like i have a jump for style check every moto
If only you could land it... :D