2014 MotoSport rF National Round 3: Thunder Valley

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
HondaRider746
Team: Motosport.com

Re: 2014 MotoSport rF National Round 3: Thunder Valley

Post by HondaRider746 »

not a fan of this track at all, i never knew i ruts had bumbs bigger that the rut itself?!?
I throw whips.
Fro77
Team: TBR

Post by Fro77 »

HondaRider746 wrote:not a fan of this track at all, i never knew i ruts had bumbs bigger that the rut itself?!?
Ddavis wrote:You paid your $5 to do this shitty event so deal with it, everyone who wants their money back for whatever fucking reason, go get a job you poor bastard.
James_122 wrote:If you really want to know if Jesus is real, just ask Havoc They went to college together.
JVanderlee225
Team: MadCape

Post by JVanderlee225 »

Not a terrible track, but the huge bumps make it so slow and they take some fun out of it. Appreciate the new track though.
motophreak
Team: Privateer

Post by motophreak »

This is easily the best Nationals track of the year. Not only is it beautiful, but this track is really fun to ride. Traction seems perfect to me; it's tacky and very predictable. I love the quad too. This track is sick!
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

I like the new track. Thanks Barrington! Just don't like the neck high bumps in the ruts.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

kawasakirider616 wrote:Positive criticism: The textures are a lot better this year. Traction has a pretty tacky feel to it.

Negative criticism: I personally feel like you killed the ruts on this track with all the bumps in the middle of them. This is going to very bad for racing because one guy is going to get a kick off of one the bumps and go flying across the track. I also feel on the 2013 version the ruts were perfect. I feel if you kept those ruts and changed a little bit of the rough sections and obviously the jumps that you did on this track we would have had a perfect Lakewood for racing. Also(maybe this is just a first person thing) Its very hard to see what rut you are taking in the tight sections when it splits from 1 rut to 5 ruts. You pretty much just have to hope you hit one of the ruts. I also feel the braking bumps coming down the off camber are a little to big for the section as they are pretty much rollers and you pretty just have to hope you get the through the section without doing 8 frontflips.

Now don't take this as I don't appreciate what you guys are doing. I definitely appreciate everything that you guys do for us undeserved assholes.
This is an EXCELLENT way to present feedback. Thank you.

Again, you're entitled to your opinion about the bumps, I explained a bit why they were large. If you don't have more rough on the inside than the outside, no one will ever take the longer line around the track. IRL, riders will move out of the inside rut if the rut gets too deep, but we can't do that in MXS, it causes a shit storm with collision and we don't really have a mechanism to feel and balance the bike through a long deep rut that is a tire width so they have to be wider and easier.

Although the track was rough as crap IRL through the ruts... go watch some video, it wasn't done for realism, it was done to balance the lines to provide passing opportunities and raceability.

The right decision? I think so, but you are free to disagree.

Also remember, last year's track had a ton of sand added into it and it drastically changed how the track rode and formed up IMO.

Those ARE some pretty big bumps in the ruts.
kawasakirider616

Post by kawasakirider616 »

checkerz wrote: Those ARE some pretty big bumps in the ruts.
While I do agree about how big the bumps are in the photo, the only thing about it is they are able "manual" through them per say. In sim it is a lot harder if not almost impossible to just pop up the front end to get through the rut while carrying your momentum through it. The closest thing we have to that is just to jump through them.
HondaRider746
Team: Motosport.com

Post by HondaRider746 »

I dont mind the large breaking bumps, its just the massive bumps in the corners. those tend to kill the flow and momentum imo, i feel like if some of those corners were touched up the track would be prime.
I throw whips.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

kawasakirider616 wrote:
checkerz wrote: Those ARE some pretty big bumps in the ruts.
While I do agree about how big the bumps are in the photo, the only thing about it is they are able "manual" through them per say. In sim it is a lot harder if not almost impossible to just pop up the front end to get through the rut while carrying your momentum through it. The closest thing we have to that is just to jump through them.
Probably the bigger thing missing is the dirt in that photo is soft sandy mix and has some give to it and we don't have that.
HondaRider746 wrote:I dont mind the large breaking bumps, its just the massive bumps in the corners. those tend to kill the flow and momentum imo, i feel like if some of those corners were touched up the track would be prime.
Why you not tell me dis while team JAG pay 60 dolla for beta? haha, all kidding aside, see the note about making inside vs. outside lines competitive, that's why.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

I don't know what you guys did, or if it's just me, but this track feels a lot easier to ride than last year's version. I was never a fan of Lakewood, but I actually have a nice deal of fun running laps on this track, even though I can't run a clean lap
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Post by Scotty226 »

I think you did a really good job on making the outside lines just as fast as the insides! Should make for some great racing tomorrow with it not being so one lined.
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

kawasakirider616 wrote:While I do agree about how big the bumps are in the photo, the only thing about it is they are able "manual" through them per say.
Please do show a video of someone doing this. Pretty impressive that a rider could wheelie through a 180 degree corner on an inside rut. :lol:

Big fan of the track. It rides super well, and I can't get enough of the jumps. No shame or frustration in tryharding this one all day tomorrow. :D
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
nioubie
Team: *eMc*

Post by nioubie »

Well i'm sure you know we only see the negative things :)

i'm a fan of the 2012 Lakewood, had some of my best races on it.

This one is better than the 2013 for sure. I saw you tryed to add multiple line choices (could add more i think). i love the tracks where you got at least 2 fast lines in almost each corners,
even if that's not really replica, the racing will be better.

I'm not fan of the big bumps but as you said, sometimes the little bumps make the bike do weird things, like on glen helen or hangtown a bit.

I'm sure you can make little some better little bumps thought , that has been done on many tracks.

Overall i would just say the track is pretty good, didnt have time to play a lot yet, but pretty fun to ride.

Thanks for the good job.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

James_122 wrote:Little cunt kids a little bit far don't you think. You are the one who looked like a cunt just then. Not Robert.
This is stemming from multiple things from him. Use to like him. Not anymore.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

KaseoDip wrote:I like the new track. Thanks Barrington! Just don't like the neck high bumps in the ruts.
Lol wut!?